• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod⭐⭐
Staff member
To save filling up the fight of the year thread with off topic stuff I thought I would start this.

Interesting GBJ your views on AJ, I thought from what I've seen albeit he has had some pretty easy fighters but he looks the business and will go onto be one of the best heavyweights in the world. But then again lets be honest other than Klitschko it's a pretty sparce division. Haye isn't likely to make a comeback, Chisora got destroyed by Fury and Haye but held his own against Vitali. Then you have Wilder who is undefeated and would be a good match up for Fury or AJ, but I think Fury is likely to face Wladamir if he beats Hammer this weekend.

Boxing : General

As requested.

First port of call, this joker....

Im sure we had a general boxing thread somewhere in the all-sports forum, but it pretty much died?

Anyway, yep, I'll say briefly what I think about both, but go into more detail later....

Fury - Hammer, one of those fights we're told "it's a risk", where in actual fact it's not. It's a pretty safe, keep busy, practice a few new things, fight. Although, with Tyson, you're never quite sure I suppose. Fury should win at a canter, stoppage 6-8.

Agree, although as with every Fury fight, I have everything crossed that he comes up against a HW that can actually function in the ring, instead of 40y/o Cruiserweights. I didn't really know much about Hammer to be honest, I checked his record and the only names I recognised were Danny Williams (Louie Spence would beat him in a fight) and Kevin Johnson (and that's only because of his losses to Fury, Chisora and Charr). Seems like a real gimme for Fury.

Wilder has been calling Fury out, and as a result Warren has said he'll pay off Hammer, get him a fight on the undercard and get this fight done. If this happened, expect to see what we've been waiting for. Fury sparked out. Wilder is no pugilist, but he can punch. Fury's chin isn't great, and people bang on about him getting up against Cunningham, sure, but it was hardly a heavy punch that put him down in the first place. Fury fights like a big man that's scared of getting hurt, but used to bullying people with his size. When he finally comes up against someone with an iota of ability, he's done.

Eubank Jr, can't see him losing. Should be a straightforward workout, even though his opponent does come with a decent reputation. If the loss to BJS hasn't affected him too much, I'd expect a possible late stoppage, but likely points win for Eubank.

Again, agree. Chudinov looks like your standard Russian, tough, durable and difficult to get out, he'll struggle with Jnr's speed, and lose on points. I can't see Eubank having the power to stop him.

Few other boxing view points from myself, which are bound to get Wes incensed :)

- AJ is overrated & is getting banged as soon as he goes up against a proper fighter.
- Hughie Fury (Tyson's younger cousin) is the future. This kid is mustard
- Joseph Parker is one of the biggest prospects in HW boxing atm, if him and AJ meet, it'll be carnage
- Frampton (who fights this weekend) dismantles Quigg (if they ever meet) brutally

- Wow. Bold statement. He's raw, and too aggressive at the moment. But he's big enough to be able to get away with it. Supposedly Price is on the cards for the summer. It'll be good to see him against someone who a) we know can bang back, and b) someone that'll come forward and challenge him. I think it's gonna be a horrible night for Price if it happens though, and Price still want Fury. AJ has been sparring the Klitschko's and whilst sparring is a completely different animal; by all accounts he's been putting in a shift, and not looking out of place. Maybe hope blinds me here, he's a good kid, and doesn't seem to buy into his own hype, but he's got the power, he just needs to refine the technique.
- Meh, again, maybe it's my dislike of Tyson, but what I've seen of him, wiping out sub-standard opponents, has not left me thinking wow. He looks useful at the moment, but like AJ, until he fights people of note, we won't really know. But for me, AJ has looked the better boxer, probably due to his amateur pedigree.
- He's the Aussie fighter right? I don't really know anything about him to be honest, other than he was a HW - I'll have a Youtube later though.
- Oh GBJ. Pal. It was going so well. Dismantles? Brutally? If this fight happens, it's a close one, Quigg is improving with every fight, visibly improving. 18 months ago, I'd have agreed, Frampton is still the same fighter he was back then, talented, elite at the weight, powerful too, but not really improved - laboured in a couple of fights too. Quigg wasn't at that level, he's been more active, he's improved, honed his finishing, become more spiteful and gotten bigger too (that's probably helped the finishing). This goes to points for me, and the outcome is dependent on the venue, Belfast or Manchester.

As requested.

First port of call, this joker....

Agree, although as with every Fury fight, I have everything crossed that he comes up against a HW that can actually function in the ring, instead of 40y/o Cruiserweights. I didn't really know much about Hammer to be honest, I checked his record and the only names I recognised were Danny Williams (Louie Spence would beat him in a fight) and Kevin Johnson (and that's only because of his losses to Fury, Chisora and Charr). Seems like a real gimme for Fury.

Wilder has been calling Fury out, and as a result Warren has said he'll pay off Hammer, get him a fight on the undercard and get this fight done. If this happened, expect to see what we've been waiting for. Fury sparked out. Wilder is no pugilist, but he can punch. Fury's chin isn't great, and people bang on about him getting up against Cunningham, sure, but it was hardly a heavy punch that put him down in the first place. Fury fights like a big man that's scared of getting hurt, but used to bullying people with his size. When he finally comes up against someone with an iota of ability, he's done.

Haha I can't see how anyone can dislike Tyson. No, he's never gunna be an all time great, and yeah, he's certainly gunna get bowled over at some point, but the guy is pure entertainment!! Be honest, you always tune into his fights? Whether you wanna see him get dropped, or see him winning, he's unmissable, because it's always exciting. Plus he's a character. And that's exactly what boxing needs, especially in the HW division.

Ability wise, remember he's only 26!! He's just under a year older than AJ. He's not even peaked yet, but he's made tremendous improvement from the Tyson of 5 years ago. With every fight, he's learning & improving. Deontay Wilder is a hype job. The HBO Director is gunna be at The O2 this weekend to watch Tyson. As long as he puts on a good show, I can see HBO backing a Title fight, Wilder Vs Fury, in the states. And trust me, Tyson smashes Wilder. Fury might/probably will go down, but he'll get back up. When Wilder's glass jaw gets checked, he's staying down!! WAR TYSON!!!

Again, agree. Chudinov looks like your standard Russian, tough, durable and difficult to get out, he'll struggle with Jnr's speed, and lose on points. I can't see Eubank having the power to stop him.

Yeah it's disappointing how Eubank carries very little power, compared to his dad. Did you watch him against BJS? He didn't look good & certainly didnt convince anyone of elite level potential.
Just seen a short piece saying Eubank wants a rematch with BJS, and then potentially a showdown with GGG lololol. That would be comical

- Wow. Bold statement. He's raw, and too aggressive at the moment. But he's big enough to be able to get away with it. Supposedly Price is on the cards for the summer. It'll be good to see him against someone who a) we know can bang back, and b) someone that'll come forward and challenge him. I think it's gonna be a horrible night for Price if it happens though, and Price still want Fury. AJ has been sparring the Klitschko's and whilst sparring is a completely different animal; by all accounts he's been putting in a shift, and not looking out of place. Maybe hope blinds me here, he's a good kid, and doesn't seem to buy into his own hype, but he's got the power, he just needs to refine the technique.

Price is shot. If he even thinks about going up against Tyson this year, he'll have a very short night. I'd say AJ probably executes him aswell. Shame, as I really like Pricey as a person, but he's very limited. Did you watch him on Saturday? He laboured to that stoppage. And I don't mean he was, at all, tested, I mean he looked knackered after 3 rounds.

And that brings me onto AJ. There's 2 reasons why I don't think he'll make it. 1) his stamina. With all that muscle, he'll need lots of oxygen going into the championship rounds. I don't think his stamina is rated that highly (it's certainly questionable) and this is where he'll get sloppy, clumsy & eventually caught. And that brings me on to number 2) AJ has been dropped in the am's. Hard. His jaw is completely open to debate. Before David Price stepped up in levels, people were telling me HE was gunna be the new champ & conquer the world etc etc. even if you read back through this forum (somewhere) I said all along, Pricey's defence was awful & when he got hit, he'd be in trouble. I see AJ going the same path. He is being walked very slowly through his career. And that's for a reason. Are you not surprised Hearn & his matchmakers are reluctant to throw him into a real test? An opponent who comes to fight? An opponent who'll check his chin? An opponent who'll take him the distance? Hearn is gunna milk the poor kid for all he's worth before the inevitable happens.

- Meh, again, maybe it's my dislike of Tyson, but what I've seen of him, wiping out sub-standard opponents, has not left me thinking wow. He looks useful at the moment, but like AJ, until he fights people of note, we won't really know. But for me, AJ has looked the better boxer, probably due to his amateur pedigree.

He's 5 years younger than AJ though. He's a young prospect, who's highly rated. His jab & bodywork is already better than AJ's. Give him time to develop his footwork & balance, and this kid will go to the top, I'm sure of it. He already looks more accomplished than his cousin. It's a shame he's had a 10 month lay-off, due to illness. if it wasn't for that, we'd be hearing a lot more about this kid. He wants Manuel Charr in his next fight.

Just a quick point, although AJ's amateur pedigree is good, lets not forget he has been dropped hard & his opening bout in the Olympics against Savon, he lost, but got the hometown decision. He's beatable.

- He's the Aussie fighter right? I don't really know anything about him to be honest, other than he was a HW - I'll have a Yourtube later though.

New Zealand. 6"4 powerhouse. Looks good & is highly rated. I can see a mega-money showdown with him and one of our lot at some point in the future, provided they all stay on course & don't have a David Price-style-derailing.

- Oh GBJ. Pal. It was going so well. Dismantles? Brutally? If this fight happens, it's a close one, Quigg is improving with every fight, visibly improving. 18 months ago, I'd have agreed, Frampton is still the same fighter he was back then, talented, elite at the weight, powerful too, but not really improved - laboured in a couple of fights too. Quigg wasn't at that level, he's been more active, he's improved, honed his finishing, become more spiteful and gotten bigger too (that's probably helped the finishing). This goes to points for me, and the outcome is dependent on the venue, Belfast or Manchester.

Really? Quigg is a paper champ, who's fought tomato cans & nobodies. I don't dislike Quigg, but Ive gotta give Frampton the clear edge here, simply because he's got the better resume (albeit, not by a lot) and was talkin about going toe-to-toe with Rigo one day soon lol. Gotta love that enthusiasm!!

Last edited:
Fury - Hammer, one of those fights we're told "it's a risk", where in actual fact it's not. It's a pretty safe, keep busy, practice a few new things, fight. Although, with Tyson, you're never quite sure I suppose. Fury should win at a canter, stoppage 6-8.

Eubank Jr, can't see him losing. Should be a straightforward workout, even though his opponent does come with a decent reputation. If the loss to BJS hasn't affected him too much, I'd expect a possible late stoppage, but likely points win for Eubank.

:whistling::whistling:

:whistling::whistling:

I don't know if it's more damning of Fury that he's mandatory without having fought one decent opponent or the state the division is in at the moment, a little bit of both I guess. You sit and think surely he should have fought one of Stiverne, Pulev, Chagaev, Puvetkin, Arreola or a Jennings to become mandatory, but somehow he's in distance of a title shot, having fought no-one but journeymen (a couple of which, aren't even heavyweight's), maybe two sub-thirty-four and not a decent record in sight.

Either way, it'll at least make me look forward to a Klitschko fight, as there is no way Fury will even go close to lasting the distance.

Kudos on the predictions though.

I don't know if it's more damning of Fury that he's mandatory without having fought one decent opponent or the state the division is in at the moment, a little bit of both I guess. You sit and think surely he should have fought one of Stiverne, Pulev, Chagaev, Puvetkin, Arreola or a Jennings to become mandatory, but somehow he's in distance of a title shot, having fought no-one but journeymen (a couple of which, aren't even heavyweight's), maybe two sub-thirty-four and not a decent record in sight.

Either way, it'll at least make me look forward to a Klitschko fight, as there is no way Fury will even go close to lasting the distance.

Kudos on the predictions though.

Come on now mate, don't let your dislike of Fury cloud your judgement. Stiverne, Arreola, Jennings & chagaev arent in Fury's league. He's ranked higher in every major organisation, for a reason. The only major organisation where he isn't top 3 is the WBA, but then they rate Lucas Browne, Antonio Tarver & Shannon Briggs in the current top 10, which says a lot about their rankings.

The Povetkin fight would be good though, that's a decent matchup & one I'd enjoy.

Granted his résumé isn't exactly star-studded, but he can only fight what's in front of him. The talent pool in HW boxing has been shallow for a long time. Hence why we had the likes of David Haye as World Champion, in te not-to-distant past. Speaking of which, how good was Haye's HW resume, before his shot at that monster Valuev? Haye blagged his way into the picture. Fury has done no different.

FWIW, I'd rather not see Fury-Wlad, as Wlad would jab him all night, with Tyson struggling to close the gap & eventually losing. I'd much prefer him to go the WBC route & chase that glass jawed fraud, Deontay Wilder.

Finally, as I've mentioned, his cousin Hughie is the real prospect. If not for his 10-month layoff, we could be speaking about him in title challenges right now. He's a serious prospect. Better than his cousin by a country mile & also, a better prospect than Anthony Joshua. If those two eventually meet, in say, 2-4 years time, get your money on Hughie. It'll be worth it

Froch surely can't be entertaining the idea of actually fighting Golovkin, can he?

Froch surely can't be entertaining the idea of actually fighting Golovkin, can he?

This fight must happen. Forget Floyd & Pac, from an entertainment perspective, Froch vs Triple G is a full-on, legitimate candidate for fight of the decade.

First off, the fight would need to be made at a catch weight, probably 164lbs. If GGG can carry that power, up in weight, & Froch can retain that steely grit & stamina, whilst dropping weight, then we could be talking about a fight, which has the right ingredients to resemble a Gatti-Ward, SRL-Hearns, Corrales-Castillo, Hagler-Hearns.

GGG is probably my current favourite, active fighter. He's an animal, who's fully deserving of his recent ascent into Ring Magazine's top 10 P4P rankings. And make no mistake, that is a highly coveted achievement. His power is frightening. So frightening, it's actually causing his career to stall, because his matchmakers struggle to find able & willing opponents. He's in the same boat as Guillermo Rigondeaux, (the best SBW on the planet) The pair of them struggle to get big venues, big opponents & big purses. Which really is a testament to their abilities.

However, with all that said, Triple G did show, albeit fleeting, chinks in his armour, in his last outing against Martin Murray. He can be hit. Unfortunately for Murray though, he isn't a banger. Froch can be. If GGG allows himself to be caught so easily by Froch, then it'll make for a brilliant encounter. Can Froch disrupt him? Can Froch hurt him? Very possible

Styles make fights. That's the old saying. And it's never been more apt. The brawler with the granite chin, great stamina & vast experience, against the highly intelligent, most fearsome puncher on the planet? Yes please. Would swap this for Floyd-Pac in a flash

Come on now mate, don't let your dislike of Fury cloud your judgement. Stiverne, Arreola, Jennings & chagaev arent in Fury's league. He's ranked higher in every major organisation, for a reason. The only major organisation where he isn't top 3 is the WBA, but then they rate Lucas Browne, Antonio Tarver & Shannon Briggs in the current top 10, which says a lot about their rankings.

Dislike doesn't really cloud my judgement, I'm quite vocal about my dislike for Khan, but still defend his achievements, right to fight amongst the elite and the skillset he has (whilst enjoying his flaws, naturally :) ). I just genuinely don't rate Fury as a fighter.

Stiverne would beat Fury for me, Arreola, Jennings and Chagaev, who knows. The issue I have with Fury, is not just that technically, he's a poor boxer, he is, but more that he's scared. He gets in the ring, and behaves like a man who is frightened. He has this massive frame which he doesn't fully utilise, rather than use it as a weapon, he hides behind it.

Browne, Tarver and Briggs, he should overcome, but he needs to build self belief, and I get that there might be a few raised eyebrows at that. But there's a difference between true belief in the ring, and spouting your mouth off at a press conference, or calling someone a pussy on Twitter, to me, all that hot air and bluster is him hiding his fears, trying to build himself up, to over come it.

As soon as he comes up against a fighter with some technical ability, some ring craft, and a half decent hitter, he's gone. I base that on what I've seen in the ring, not his total ******** behaviour out of it.

The Povetkin fight would be good though, that's a decent matchup & one I'd enjoy.

Granted his résumé isn't exactly star-studded, but he can only fight what's in front of him. The talent pool in HW boxing has been shallow for a long time. Hence why we had the likes of David Haye as World Champion, in te not-to-distant past. Speaking of which, how good was Haye's HW resume, before his shot at that monster Valuev? Haye blagged his way into the picture. Fury has done no different.

FWIW, I'd rather not see Fury-Wlad, as Wlad would jab him all night, with Tyson struggling to close the gap & eventually losing. I'd much prefer him to go the WBC route & chase that glass jawed fraud, Deontay Wilder.

Povetkin wins, and would stop Fury for me, second half of the fight 6-8th. Fury should be able to hide behind his jab, weight & frame to tire him out, and win in the latter rounds, but he wouldn't. Technically, he'd be flawed, he'd get hit, he'd panic, which gets him drawn into trading, and he'd be punished for it.

Wlad, well, it'd be no different to most of his fights, he'd jab his opponent into submission, and end it against middle to late. I think Wilder will beat him too, Wilder (like Adonis Stevenson) proved against better opposition, he can box his way to victory. Stevenson, also had a reputation for being just a banger, and like Wilder, against technically poor opponents, just KO'd them out with speed. But like Stevenson against Cloud, proved that when a technically competent fighter is put in front of him, he can box (surprisingly well actually) and not rely on punching power alone to garner victory, and last the distance against a decent level opponent. Yeah sure, Wilder is still guilty of losing his discipline when he see's a potential finish in sight, but he's a young man who is learning, and improving and is supremely confident when that bell goes.

Finally, as I've mentioned, his cousin Hughie is the real prospect. If not for his 10-month layoff, we could be speaking about him in title challenges right now. He's a serious prospect. Better than his cousin by a country mile & also, a better prospect than Anthony Joshua. If those two eventually meet, in say, 2-4 years time, get your money on Hughie. It'll be worth it

I'll have to bow to your judgement and reserve mine for now. Only seen him a couple of times, ease pass a couple of unremarkable opponents on C5. I'm a big fan of AJ, and hope he doesn't follow the route of Price, a fight now against Thompson, seems a good milestone, but if you're right, and AJ lives up to his hype, it'll be nice to have a couple of prospects in the pipeline, HW is seriously lacking.

This fight must happen. Forget Floyd & Pac, from an entertainment perspective, Froch vs Triple G is a full-on, legitimate candidate for fight of the decade.

First off, the fight would need to be made at a catch weight, probably 164lbs. If GGG can carry that power, up in weight, & Froch can retain that steely grit & stamina, whilst dropping weight, then we could be talking about a fight, which has the right ingredients to resemble a Gatti-Ward, SRL-Hearns, Corrales-Castillo, Hagler-Hearns.

GGG is probably my current favourite, active fighter. He's an animal, who's fully deserving of his recent ascent into Ring Magazine's top 10 P4P rankings. And make no mistake, that is a highly coveted achievement. His power is frightening. So frightening, it's actually causing his career to stall, because his matchmakers struggle to find able & willing opponents. He's in the same boat as Guillermo Rigondeaux, (the best SBW on the planet) The pair of them struggle to get big venues, big opponents & big purses. Which really is a testament to their abilities.

However, with all that said, Triple G did show, albeit fleeting, chinks in his armour, in his last outing against Martin Murray. He can be hit. Unfortunately for Murray though, he isn't a banger. Froch can be. If GGG allows himself to be caught so easily by Froch, then it'll make for a brilliant encounter. Can Froch disrupt him? Can Froch hurt him? Very possible

Styles make fights. That's the old saying. And it's never been more apt. The brawler with the granite chin, great stamina & vast experience, against the highly intelligent, most fearsome puncher on the planet? Yes please. Would swap this for Floyd-Pac in a flash

Finally, agree with everything above :smile: . What a fight that would be, Froch would need to be at his GGII best, using his jab, and attacking in flurries when GGG moves forward, both have proven they can absorb heavy hits while dishing out, and I have no fear in GGG's ability to step up weights.

GGG has always been hit-able, but seems to walk through it, it would be interesting to see how he copes up against a big hitter from a higher weight though. He showed against Murray he was flawed, but Murray is a very tough fighter, if not a big banger, Froch would be a big big step up on Murray.

Also, you need to be a little greedier, let us have both....

Triple G talking about potentially stepping down to LMW, to face the winner of Floyd-Pac. Yes please. It's impossible to actually dislike the man. I do feel sorry for him though, due to his ferocious reputation, not many competitors will risk stepping in the ring with him. In the past 6(?) months he's been linked with Cotto, Froch, Canelo, & now the winner of Floyd & Pac. This is why I hate boxing at times. Due to the bollcoks & corruption, the best, rarely go toe-2-toe, with the best

Golovkin's agent has taunted Hearn & Froch by saying, "send the contract". Apparently Triple G is ready & willing to come to England to face Froch. This fight needs to happen. It would 100% guarenteed, be the best spectacle inside a boxing ring since Gatti-Ward. We're talking next level WAR. I'm sick of hearing Hearn say "Froch is a warrior" etc etc, so please Eddie, for the good of boxing & for the sake of boxing fans worldwide, please make this fight happen.

There is no way on this eareth Moneybags would ever step into the ring with GGG,It has taken Pacman several years to get the woman beater to finally agree to step into the ring with him,so no way will he fight GGG, as for Pacman after this fight with moneybags ,he will fight Khan at Wembley as his swan song.

GBJ and Wes what are you thoughts on The Ring magazines ratings for each weight?

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/ratings/welterweight

Will you be watching Joshua's fight against Love on Saturday?

Whilst Ring is a respected publication & decent basis to go on, a lot of rankings are subjective. So for example, the WW division, Ring had Kell Brook just under Mayweather. No chance. Kell has promise, but in no way is he second. I'd have him level with Khan, Bradley & Maidana, with Thurman Marquez & possibly still Pac, ahead of him. But as I said, it's all subjective.

Nothing subjective about Joshua's fight though. It's ****. I'll watch it (or at least Sky+ it) but it's not an exciting encounter. The bookies have got AJ @ 1/200. That should tell you all you need to know about it.

Whilst Ring is a respected publication & decent basis to go on, a lot of rankings are subjective. So for example, the WW division, Ring had Kell Brook just under Mayweather. No chance. Kell has promise, but in no way is he second. I'd have him level with Khan, Bradley & Maidana, with Thurman Marquez & possibly still Pac, ahead of him. But as I said, it's all subjective.

Nothing subjective about Joshua's fight though. It's ****. I'll watch it (or at least Sky+ it) but it's not an exciting encounter. The bookies have got AJ @ 1/200. That should tell you all you need to know about it.

I did think it was odd Kell Brook being so high up. I am actually more excited by a bout between Brook and Khan than I would be Mayweather and Khan.

I like Anthony Joshua and I here he could be in line to face Tyson Fury in the not to distant future. He needs to beat Johnson at the end of the month to prove his worth and no doubt he will destroy Love in the first 3 rounds tomorrow.

I read today that Eddie Hearn reckons Carl Froch may not fight again. Which is a real shame would of love to have seen him go against Andre Ward again. But at least if he bows out, he goes out on a high. I don't know if you know but he knocked out George Groves at Wembley stadium in front of 80.000 people. :winking:

I did think it was odd Kell Brook being so high up. I am actually more excited by a bout between Brook and Khan than I would be Mayweather and Khan.

I like Anthony Joshua and I here he could be in line to face Tyson Fury in the not to distant future. He needs to beat Johnson at the end of the month to prove his worth and no doubt he will destroy Love in the first 3 rounds tomorrow.

I read today that Eddie Hearn reckons Carl Froch may not fight again. Which is a real shame would of love to have seen him go against Andre Ward again. But at least if he bows out, he goes out on a high. I don't know if you know but he knocked out George Groves at Wembley stadium in front of 80.000 people. :winking:

Thing is, Khan-Brook is a closer fight, than either of them facing Floyd. It's a good scrap. Either of them against Floyd would be the typical, repetitive outcome. But at least against each other, it swings much more towards a 50/50 fight, than the Floyd fight. And I marginally edge towards Khan tbh. Unless Brook can get close enough & catch him. Khan won't stand up to punishment from a legit (and big for the weight) Welter.

Im biased as ****, so my opinion shouldn't be taken as a serious endorsement, but I give Tyson a massive chance, even though I believe his cousin Hughie will be the one to dismantle AJ at some point. Hughie is the real prospect out of the three IMHO. AJ has been dropped in the amateurs, should have lost the opening fight of the Olympics & is being dragged along slowly, for a reason. Just think about this, AJ is 25, TF is 26. Tyson has had tougher fights than any 1 of AJ's. He's looked ragged & has been floored, but he's faced much better. If AJ had faced the same as Tyson's opponents, I do believe he'd have been beaten by now. The Johnson fight, once again, offers very little in the way of a challenge to AJ. He's just another punch bag, who'll collect his cheque & try to avoid a KO.

Yeah TBH, there's nothing left for Froch. He don't want any part of the Ward rematch, believe me. He wants the Vegas lights, but as it stands, THE only person on the planet who'd be able to deliver that is Golovkin, who again, Froch wants no part of. I said to my mate a few days ago, IMHO, he's got 3 options... Fight GGG (doubtful), wait until Groves-DeGale go at it & face the winner, or retire. I heard some media mug the other day talking about a third fight with Kessler. Absolutely **** no!! Please!

For those who didn't enjoy MayPac, because it didn't live upto the hype, if possible, watch the heir to the P4P throne in action tonight on Boxnation, to restore your faith in the savagery that boxing provides.

Gennady "Triple G" Golovkin is the most feared puncher on the planet. He's so feared, that his matchmakers actually struggle to get him opponents. He's publicly said he'd step down in weight to face Mayweather (at a catch weight) and he's said he's step up in weight to face Carl Froch. Miguel Cotto & Canelo Alvarez (the 2 other best Middleweight on the planet) want no part of him. He's scared of no-one, and is a real baby faced assassin.

His opponent tonight, Willie Monroe, has never been stopped, but he's also never been in with anyone of GGG's calibre. My prediction, i haven't seen a lot of Monroe, but his resume suggests he wont handle GGG well, and due to the southpaw stance, could catch a brutal right hand, or vicious body shot. Or possibly both. Triple G stops him between 4-6

For those who didn't enjoy MayPac, because it didn't live upto the hype, if possible, watch the heir to the P4P throne in action tonight on Boxnation, to restore your faith in the savagery that boxing provides.

Gennady "Triple G" Golovkin is the most feared puncher on the planet. He's so feared, that his matchmakers actually struggle to get him opponents. He's publicly said he'd step down in weight to face Mayweather (at a catch weight) and he's said he's step up in weight to face Carl Froch. Miguel Cotto & Canelo Alvarez (the 2 other best Middleweight on the planet) want no part of him. He's scared of no-one, and is a real baby faced assassin.

His opponent tonight, Willie Monroe, has never been stopped, but he's also never been in with anyone of GGG's calibre. My prediction, i haven't seen a lot of Monroe, but his resume suggests he wont handle GGG well, and due to the southpaw stance, could catch a brutal right hand, or vicious body shot. Or possibly both. Triple G stops him between 4-6

Wow! I've never watched Golovkin before but what a fighter. That was his 20th straight knock out, would be great to see him come up against a big name. There is no way Mayweather would fight him, he would be in for a hell of a fight and would probably lose.

Wow! I've never watched Golovkin before but what a fighter. That was his 20th straight knock out, would be great to see him come up against a big name. There is no way Mayweather would fight him, he would be in for a hell of a fight and would probably lose.

Triple G is a brilliant fighter to watch. His power is incredible, his footwork is brillinat, he closes gaps, got a solid chin. His defence is beatable, but that sheer power means he's a constant threat, so opponents can't relax for a second. They have to be constantly thinking, moving & trying to avoid him, whilst trying to impose themselves. It's a tough job.

One of his more memorable KO's was against a man called Ishida.... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_DG7OUZThzs
nothing but sheer brute power.

Or my other fav was this against Curtis Stevens. watch Stevens face as he drops. you can almost read his mind... "what the hell just hit me" https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NFWXiHJo90o

He's been chasing a unification (and mega money showdown) with Canelo or Miguel Cotto for the last year or so, but neither seem keen on stepping in the ring with him. He's offered to step down in weight for Floyd & he's still waiting for Eddie Hearn to send the contract for him to face Froch. Put another way, no-one wants a piece of Triple G.

If he ever fought Floyd, I still give the edge to Floyd, just because for all Golovkin's power, you can't hurt, what you can't hit & Floyds so slippery, I don't know if Golovkin could walk him down & get on top of him. It's not impossible GGG would win, but I do edge Mayweather, marginally.

But a bout with Froch would be sublime & a real contender for best fight of all time. A real Corrales-Castillo, Gatti-Ward, Hagler-Hearns etc etc

Back