• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours McLaughlin to Mansfield

On that assumption you probably thought the same when we signed Eastwood then. :Facepalm:
i know freddie and his dad and uncle dave personally..sold a few vans to them back in the early 2006 new he was off to wolves before it went public..he was in my lounge on a bet with his wife and range rover packed full of kids before his midday lunch when we played leicester city ...great family..yes you think is he any good when they first sign from non league but Freddie was superb..wish we kept him for another season... you never know what your going to get from non league.but you dont get many freddies!

Great,let me know when he wants to go and ill drive him down there myself! Always injured! 1 shot in 20 on target! Inconsistent!!

I think that's really harsh, and will certainly be disappointed to see him go. One of only two players remaining from that unforgettable Wembley day - he'll go with my very best wishes.

Great pro! But much as I was always a fan of Luke Prosser and his ability to just run off minor inconveniences like a broken leg and the common cold, I never really thought I'd be hearing his potential signing associated with "throwing money around".
With you all the way on Prosser SBH, but there are lots on here who would say 'throwing money away' rather than around. I've yet to here a reasoned argument to support their dislike of the bloke.

With you all the way on Prosser SBH, but there are lots on here who would say 'throwing money away' rather than around. I've yet to here a reasoned argument to support their dislike of the bloke.

All goes back to that one game early on where he played like a headless chicken against one of his former clubs. Some people just never got over that performance.

All goes back to that one game early on where he played like a headless chicken against one of his former clubs. Some people just never got over that performance.
Crickey, on that basis the whole squad was there at times last season.

I wouldn’t put it down to one game. He was pretty cack in a lot of games and a worry at centre back. I’m sure he is a nice bloke but I wouldn’t want him back here. He isn’t an upgrade on anything we currently have and that’s saying something!!

I wouldn’t put it down to one game. He was pretty cack in a lot of games and a worry at centre back. I’m sure he is a nice bloke but I wouldn’t want him back here. He isn’t an upgrade on anything we currently have and that’s saying something!!

He also gifted a goal in the playoffs that cost colchester and was reminiscent of his defending with us. However, he was also young and learning when he was with us (although he isn’t now). He doesn’t deserve a slating from our fans but isn’t what we need IMO.

He also gifted a goal in the playoffs that cost colchester and was reminiscent of his defending with us. However, he was also young and learning when he was with us (although he isn’t now). He doesn’t deserve a slating from our fans but isn’t what we need IMO.

Hardly slating, it’s the truth in some games he was terrible and looked shaky. Was prone to scoring own goals and didn’t give me confidence when he was near the ball. He was 22 when he signed for us and left at 28. Hardly young compared to some of our current squad. I have more confidence in Miles Mitchell-Nelson than I ever had in Prosser.

I thought that at the start of his time with us that Pross was indeed a bit of a liability and wasn’t really up to it, but as time went on and he gained more experience and got older, he got better and better. By the time he left us I thought he was a very capable centre half in the lower leagues. He’s also the sort of guy you want in the changing room I believe.

As for Macca, in my opinion he’s a senior player that we’d actually miss. I’m surprised at some of the strong criticism he’s receiving here.

Hardly slating, it’s the truth in some games he was terrible and looked shaky. Was prone to scoring own goals and didn’t give me confidence when he was near the ball. He was 22 when he signed for us and left at 28. Hardly young compared to some of our current squad. I have more confidence in Miles Mitchell-Nelson than I ever had in Prosser.

Sorry, I didn’t mean you were slating him - just that we shouldn’t! :Thumbs up:

I thought Prosser was a solid league 2 player to be honest. He was part of a very good SUFC team, and has also been part of a good Colchester squad.
He was however prone to the odd howler a few times a season, which is what people who slated him focus on, not the 95% of positive stuff.

I thought that at the start of his time with us that Pross was indeed a bit of a liability and wasn’t really up to it, but as time went on and he gained more experience and got older, he got better and better. By the time he left us I thought he was a very capable centre half in the lower leagues. He’s also the sort of guy you want in the changing room I believe.

As for Macca, in my opinion he’s a senior player that we’d actually miss. I’m surprised at some of the strong criticism he’s receiving here.

And there is the problem, we are happy to have a capable or solid league two player. We let very good centre backs like Bolger and Thompson go who are playing at a higher level than Prosser and us.

SM would be a useful player in league 2 but had gone off the boil in league 1. If the move suits him and his family, then I dont begrudge him wanting a fresh start and regular pay day.

Yes exactly,well said. It doesn’t really matter how nice a bloke someone is, it’s what they can ,
or,better said , cannot do on the pitch that counts. Much the same applies to John White.
Plodder would be an excellent signing for Chelmsford or Billericay.

Yes exactly,well said. It doesn’t really matter how nice a bloke someone is, it’s what they can ,
or,better said , cannot do on the pitch that counts. Much the same applies to John White.
Plodder would be an excellent signing for Chelmsford or Billericay.
Never really taken to JW, have you?

Back