• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We didn't go to school or work together????

Or are you just pointing the site you go to to try and hijack friends for yourself :D

lol......

I went to King Edmunds....left in 83....used to drink in Rochford and Hockley a lot...mostly the White Heart

Last edited:
Just a joke. A_S said that he thought he knew you so you may have been friendsreunited, nice idea though DWB...

Just a joke. A_S said that he thought he knew you so you may have been friendsreunited, nice idea though DWB...

Yeah I know, I was just joshing (if you will excuse the pun)

Left Woodlands in 85, started watching the Shrimpers about 89/90.

Drank mainly in the Watermill in Basildon, and when in riot gear, ventured into The Dickens in Wickford on a Friday night. If a week went by without someone getting glassed, it was a surprise.

Also spent most of my life between 87 and 90 at Roller City and boy were they good times :D :D

Not mine luckily but during the 1979 Liverpool cup-tie the PA announced - "I have a message for Mr ------- on the South Bank from your wife - she has gone home" - cue laughter from 31,000 people, now that must have been embarrassing.

Oh dear, here goes. Top 3:

3: Taking my eldest son to one of his first few games when he was about age 6, having real trouble at the West Stand ticket office and getting in to a slanging match with some dozy at the counter. Anyway, get home, wifey asks Jim whether he enjoyed the game and he pipes up 'Yeah, and Dad told someone to Fcuk off!." Thanks son.:thump:

2: Travelled up to Mansfield on my todd in the mid 80's, only a few of us there and I knew no one. Anyway, we were losing 3-0 and it was really dire. All of a sudden a fight broke out between our fans and the police for seemingly no reason, I just stood and watched in amazement as most (and there were not many to start with) got karted off. I wasn't sure to be embarrassed about still being one of the few left on the away terrace after, embarrassed at the behaviour of our fans (which in hindsight was quite funny) or emarrassed that I was too much of a wimp to get involved.:confused:

1: Drove Jim and I back after the WHU league cup game three or four years back, quite pleased as had parked close to the ground for free saving paying some east end geezer an exhorbitant fiver to park in a dodgy industrial estate and got home real quick as Jim had school the next day so needed his kip. Jumped out of the car as wifey opened the front door, only to see the car rolling back down the drive with Jim still in it. The car smacked in to an apple tree, diverted off the gate post and carried on out of our drive gathering pace down the slope back down the farm track our house is off, finally landing in a ditch with Jim a bit bemused but thankfully none the worse for wear (wifey and I were the more shook up by it). Next morning our farmer neighbour say's 'Oi, Andy, why did you put the car in there?' Couldn't think of a good reason so he got out the tractor (everyone has one in Suffolk) and pulled the car out. Two grand of damage. Bovver.:minger:

TTS - I remember that well.

DTS - 2nd best story.

I think i just have a problem when the ball hits someone where it shouldn't. We were at footie training a couple of months back and someone got the ball right in the face and i simply couldn't control myself and i end up in a uncontrollable fit of laughter.

Kev

A good friend of mine was hurling abuse at the ref from the front row of the South Upper when his false teeth flew out and landed in the South Lower. I have never seen anyone so large run so quick to pick them up.

I can only guess that the blond-haired guy (bit of a hippy; always seems very friendly) doesn't post on here, or else doesn't want to share his embarrassing moment up at Hartlepool two seasons ago.

There was the usual hassle with the Monkey-Hangers' stewards making us sit down; when this guy starts going off on one big-time about how the home fans are standing and not being made to sit. At which point someone quietly informed him that the area he was complaining about was in fact a terrace. :)

I can only guess that the blond-haired guy (bit of a hippy; always seems very friendly) doesn't post on here, or else doesn't want to share his embarrassing moment up at Hartlepool two seasons ago.

There was the usual hassle with the Monkey-Hangers' stewards making us sit down; when this guy starts going off on one big-time about how the home fans are standing and not being made to sit. At which point someone quietly informed him that the area he was complaining about was in fact a terrace.

And i thought you were gonna remind me of your moment at bristol rovers earlier this season Andy??

My first (and thus far only) trip into the South Lower, back in the days of Wayne Gray (he scored a offside goal, can't remember who we played, but likely it was either early on or December/January). Some South Upper fans were... shall we say "annoyed"? by the call, and one such person threw their hat down.

Post game, I try to... appropriate said hat.

"OI! That's my hat you're nicking!"

Balls.

"Shouldn't've chucked it then, numpty!"

Gave it back in the end though.

Also nearly got crushed by fellow fans against Cheltenham away (thank-you very bloody much), and Bristol City away (where Fred got a hattrick) was embarrassing purely due to the whole "Ol' King Cole" thing.

A few seasons back, I committed that dreadful sin of deciding that it was warm enough to attend the match in just my shirt (and jeans etc.), but no coat. Sitting in the West, it was bloody freezing and I decided that my arms would be best served inside my shirt. All of a sudden we scored and forgetting about my arms inside my shirt I jumped up from my seat and threw my arms in the air, only to see my shirt catapulted about five rows behind me!! i had to wait until the commotion had died down and then bare chested (not a pretty sight) I had to go and retrieve my shirt, only the people who caught it kept passing it amongst themselves until a steward came to my rescue. We say a lot about our stewards, but on that occasion, I was very pleased to see him!!

I think my Sister's most embarrassing moment was earlier this year against Rochdale in the cup. Maher was having a stinker and my Sister shouted out "Maher, half hearted" at the top of her voice. Problem is, everyone thought she said "maher Ive farted", everone fell about!!!!

I have got one,

First game of the season last year against stoke, I was sitting in the south stand, very hot day. Watched the game up to half time. Then, during half time, I passed out for a minute or so, my dad noticed that something was wrong and he got the ambulance crew to check me out. when I finally woke up, I saw 2 paramedics running up to the stand towards me. I ended up being carried out of the stand on a chair, while the second half carried on. when we got outside the ground, my dad said to me, "Oh, nearly forgot, these paramedics are my friends at work!" I ended up being in A&E laying in bed, opposite a stoke city player! I could have got his autograph, thinking about it now, but then again, why would a southend supporter want a stoke player's autograph!!! went home later that night. Next home game, everyone asked me if I was ok, even one of the players! Anyone who saw me being carried out, let me know!

A good friend of mine was hurling abuse at the ref from the front row of the South Upper when his false teeth flew out and landed in the South Lower. I have never seen anyone so large run so quick to pick them up.

Yes, your friend certainly did make us all laugh that day!

I can't see Skoda Man's reply to this thread yet - it would be one of the longest posts in SZ history....

Back