• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Desert Shrimper

The Oil Baron
Recently I've come to the conclusion that the current batch of music we get fed day to day (i.e. stuff that makes the charts/Radio 1's playlist) is total and utter sh**e - as bad as I can ever remember it being. Not wishing to sound like a "things ain't what they used to be" merchant and suggest that it was all better in 1066 (The battle of Hastings was wicked we had it laaaaaarge" etc etc) but I look back to the glory days of the 90's - the innovative dance music produced, the whole Britpop era and the back-end of the Madchester scene with real nostalgia and I don't see anything out there at the moment that comes come even close. These days, we're going backwards musically; I see a bunch of skinny jeans/cardigan/slim Jim tie wearing w******s in trilby hats trying to look like bohemian arts students, desperately attempting to hide their public school roots while singing wingey winey pap in a pseudo yank voice.....

Anyway, I'm not looking for current bands/artists that are good and blow my theory away, I'm looking for the bands that make your teeth itch, the bands/artists that make you seethe when you hear them. Here are my starters for ten:

1. The Feeling - what the **** is this?? Is it 1983? Cheesy, embarrassing pile of w*** that incites violence deep within my soul. They should make the troops in Iraq/Afghanistan listen to this tripe over and over again before major offs , it should get them fired up and ready.

2. Razorlight - pretentious load of made up ****e over corny melodies designed to wet the pants of 13 year old girls. Listening to "America" makes me want to punch traffic wardens in the face until my hand is a mush of gristle and bone. The lyrics sound like whoever whoever wrote them has cut and pasted a few well trodden lines from some other songs to make a really fake song about the depth of his plastic soul. Someone should take "Johnny Razorlight" out for his own good.

3. Lilly Allen - You went to public school love...you had a privileged celeb upbringing...dropping a few "f**s" and "s***s" and "aint's" won't make me believe you're anything other than a big time fake chav. I await the "Knees up Mother Brown" duet with Jamie Oliver.....

I open the floor to the SZ public.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Got to say I like all of those Prammy....however what irritates me more than most is either that squeaky voice **** Mika, the hideously over-rated Bjork or ginge git Hucknall Simply (Dull) Red.

Mika - another good example. Does he get kicked in the plums before he sings? Enough! :thump:

Oh my god i want to poke Mika's eyes out with an ice pick :mad: absolute trash

I hate all this manufactured ****, music for me is about feeling, talent and well-written songs and all these winners of pop idol, fame academy whatever who get told what to sing by the record companies and get thrust in to media limelight within days just ****es me right off. The music is the last thing on their minds, it's all about 'image' and 'popularity' and of course the huge amounts of wonga involved for the people at the top of record companies sitting on their fat asses doing nothing.

:guns: :guns:

Kasabian and The Twang

Moronic baggy wannabes without the subtlety/ psychedelia of The Stone Roses or Happy Mondays. Instead they've they've taken all the pointless bravado of Oasis and blended this with dirgy geezer-dance and "regional" vocals (natch). Their soccer-lad schtick is also very irritating.

Anything manufactured.......

Do it the proper way, form band, practice, play pubs and ****ty clubs until some one spots you (or you realise you are crap and you pack up and start again) signs you up.

Look Sunshine, if it was good enough for the Beatles and the Stones I am sure you can cope with it

garage so called "music", total Sh1te. I could make a better tune rooting the toolbox in my garage than than drone.
These modern dance remixes which are remixes of remixes of remixes - cant they think of anything new these days?

I have a severe dislike of (modern) R'n'B (such as all modern footballers listen to), drum 'n' bass and modern pop music. Complete cr@p, the lot of it

Modern R&B is bloody awful whilst I never got the drum 'n' bass / jungle scene as it came across as utterly crap noise to me. Few bands make me sit up and listen these days; as Firestorm points out, most of them (if not all of them) are manufactured garbage.

For me it's reggae and country, whilst I can understand why both may appeal to some people, personally I just can't bear either.

I've nothing against Manufactured Pop if the writing's good. Girls Aloud have had some fantastic pop songs, as did S Club 7. It's not the sort of thing I'd buy, but if I heard them on the radio I wouldn't turn it off, unlike some bands who are more "real" and play rock/indie, which is the genres I like most really. Red Hot Chili Peppers, for example.

Despite the name, I'd be surprised if The Feeling had an emotional bone in their body.

For me it's reggae and country, whilst I can understand why both may appeal to some people, personally I just can't bear either.

Ah, Mr B! No Bob Marley? No Johnny Cash? SHOCKING pure and simple :D

Ah, Mr B! No Bob Marley? No Johnny Cash? SHOCKING pure and simple :D
On the subject of Johnny Cash, I hear our favourite little chant has now been sampled in a bit of mass produced dance dirge that will no doubt hit the charts shortly. Dreadful!

Kaiser Chiefs. Awful, awful pop group.

Yep I agree 100% they annoy the hell out of me!

As much I love the Chili Peppers even their new stuff just sounds sanitised and they are going through the motions just for the dollar.

There is virtually nothing of any note around in the mainstream nowadays, I don't generally pay much attention to the mainstream being mainly into underground Death Metal as I am but I also listen to a fair of Rock/Alternative stuff aswell and I know a decent tune when I hear one.

Last edited:
Back