• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My brother and the blue belles (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think they are good, for waht they are, half-time entertainment at a football match. Add to that they are appreciated by visiting fans, particularly northern ones, who don't often get to see women.

However, I think a change in name is in order. How about the Pier-oettes?

Because the last couple of games we have been in the south upper with no way of escaping for a smoke. When we are in the west he disappears out back to smoke with the stewards!!!!

Fair enough. Maybe he should just turn his back and think nice thoughts!

For those that watch it every game, it is pap. Same routine, often the same song, same old, same old.

But for the occasional fan it must be great and would help encourage return visits.

The one real benefit is that as soon as they appear the opposition substitutes stop warming and watch/leer. I'm sure that's the real reason we have them!

the Blue belles are fabulous - just going thru a dip in form - need a bit of decent management tho '

There's a bloke in the south upper who likesthemsomuch that he gets his binoculars out! Then he goes about banging his...drum.
You have to say they're better than some prematch entertainment we've had. Journey South, Chico etc.

There's a bloke in the south upper who likesthemsomuch that he gets his binoculars out! Then he goes about banging his...drum.
You have to say they're better than some prematch entertainment we've had. Journey South, Chico etc.
As long as thats all hes banging:confused: :eek:

Just received an email from my brother on the subject of the blue belles which really seems to get on his nerves. It made me chuckle so I thought I'd share it with you. Please do not shoot the messenger!!!!!

Dear people of shrimperzone,

Have you ever noticed that we seem to be drowned in complete and utter crap during our half time performances? For one I absolutely love watching the half time challenge, because lets just face it’s highly amusing, but what I do not want to see is a bunch of illiterate GCSE drop outs, who cant get into performing arts college and are probably members of the Mayhem cage dancers. Actually on second thought I do not wish to insult Mayhem by insinuating that the night club can drop that low.

I have been in the performing arts industry for over half my life and I have seen bad performances but I never expect to buy my football ticket and think to myself I will never get those five minutes of my life back! It’s like watching a bunch of completely over the top useless posers. They can’t dance, you can automatically see who came up with the routine (that’s the one who can do it by the way). They dance as though people give two flying f***s, do they honestly believe that people find them enjoyable to watch? Hell their parents must be so proud of them, I mean who wouldn’t love to watch their children make complete fools of themselves in manor befitting a streetwalker!

They don’t dress to suit there figures, they wear dance trainers as though they know how to dance…and what made me lose it completely is now you can hire them for outside social events…what the hell would you use them for? I guess I could book them into beginner dance classes…or maybe even dress to suit their figures lessons…or maybe even how to wear make up that does not make them look as though they did it in the pitch black…. hell I love watching the surprised cheerleader mince around in the middle of pitch showing that they don’t know the routine, and love to make complete arses of them selves in front of 10,000 people week in week out. Actually what I am getting out is does anyone actually enjoy them? After the first few games from a distance they look rather attractive and you realise some are under age, some are a little too large for the outfits and some are just…. well some are just special. I honestly believe that something should be done to help them….

Your brother is obviously an wannabe arty w*nker full of his own self importance if this truly is the way he feels and not some sort of a wind up. What a sad mofo if that really is the way he sees it and his way over the top criticism of these girls is completely un-warranted and un-neccessary in every way. Who is he to call them "illiterate GCSE drop outs"? and why? If people don't like them or don't want to watch then fine - no need to resort to personal insults to these girls who really are doing no harm to anybody.

What has happened to him? Too many knockbacks from the chorus girls in the, as he described it "performing arts industry" (what a pathetic snob to even describe his so called profession in that way for a start) that it's left him as a rabid woman hater? Tell him to get a life as he is the one that so obviously needs the help mate...:fury:

Last edited:
The guy in the original post seems sound, all the other replies just goes to show that everyone in Essex is the same. Get a bit of blonde hair dye, some fake tan and an ill fitting outfit, and suddenly a girl is transformed into something worthwhile. Absolutely disgusting, and an embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back