• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

They sit just in front of my parents and brother's season ticket seats. The best way to describe them is to imagine Statler and Waldorf with tourettes.

I can't for the life of me work out why they keep coming, every time I see them they shower the players with foul and abusive bile, and I've never seen them look like they enjoy themselves, home or away (and I've seen them at both regularly).

I know for a fact they cause offence to my parents. My parents come to watch a football match, and they shouldn't have to listen to people effing and jeffing every sentence in order to be able to watch the team they support. Nor should they have to give up their excellent view just because others around them offend them.

Once (I think it was the season before last) a woman who was sat next to them complained to a steward, who took them out to have a word (one by one) and they came back like chastised little schoolboys, and they were perfectly behaved after that for that game. So reporting them seems to be the way forward, but there's no mechanism for recording individual instances like that, so I imagine that Steve Kavanagh is unaware of them unless people have contacted him directly about it which is, by definition, not likely to be during a game, after which for most people it's too late for another week.

They sit just in front of my parents and brother's season ticket seats. The best way to describe them is to imagine Statler and Waldorf with tourettes.

I can't for the life of me work out why they keep coming, every time I see them they shower the players with foul and abusive bile, and I've never seen them look like they enjoy themselves, home or away (and I've seen them at both regularly).

I know for a fact they cause offence to my parents. My parents come to watch a football match, and they shouldn't have to listen to people effing and jeffing every sentence in order to be able to watch the team they support. Nor should they have to give up their excellent view just because others around them offend them.

Once (I think it was the season before last) a woman who was sat next to them complained to a steward, who took them out to have a word (one by one) and they came back like chastised little schoolboys, and they were perfectly behaved after that for that game. So reporting them seems to be the way forward, but there's no mechanism for recording individual instances like that, so I imagine that Steve Kavanagh is unaware of them unless people have contacted him directly about it which is, by definition, not likely to be during a game, after which for most people it's too late for another week.

I assume that you are now going to complain to Kavanagh though . If people can't be bothered to complain then nothing will happen. Perhaps suggest that a member of staff watches for 15 mins from a seat in that area so they can 'experience-and then throw them out.

to me it isn't just that something needs to be done, it also needs to be 'seen to be done' so that fans can see that it is worthwhile complaining

The club will send a rogue supporter in undercover to listen to the comments first hand.

Both blokes are likely to suffer from tourettes or mental illness based on what you have said.

The club will send a rogue supporter in undercover to listen to the comments first hand.

Both blokes are likely to suffer from tourettes or mental illness based on what you have said
I don't see how you can possibly surmise that, they're probably just foul mouthed gobshites!

The club are actually very good when people actually bother to tell them about it .

A few years ago we had the same problem with some total numb skulls middle of the west stand, it was shocking + it really did upset everyone week after week ... might even be the same idiots to be honest ... every comment was peppered with obcenities + all the abuse was of our own players, anyone who told them to shut up was told to " come 'ere + say that " or " i ll smash yer F 'in face in if u want? " ,.... charming !!

So after several weeks of seeing youngsters literally crying in fear + fathers taking them away from within earshot + maybe out of Roots Hall forever , i decided to contact the club directly.

They immediately called me back , informing me that several " undercover" stewards/policemen would sit in surrounding seats + the police CCTV cameras would be directly aimed at those particular seats for the next few matches . Well i can honestly say it had the immediate affect + we have never once been bothered by those cretins again, the policemen/ stewards must have moved in very quietly + efficently as we heard no commotion and no more abuse , its been absolutely brilliant ever since ( ok the actual football has been average ! ) + our match day experience is no longer ruined. The club used to have a mobile number to report such instances 07920107694 but this may have changed in the past few years , but is anonymous + i even recieved a message back from the chief executive making sure things were ok afterwards.

I would urge anyone who has similar problems to get the seat numbers + tell the club about it , as this more than anything else that goes on which will drive supporters + their families away from the club.

UTB

I assume that you are now going to complain to Kavanagh though . If people can't be bothered to complain then nothing will happen. Perhaps suggest that a member of staff watches for 15 mins from a seat in that area so they can 'experience-and then throw them out.

to me it isn't just that something needs to be done, it also needs to be 'seen to be done' so that fans can see that it is worthwhile complaining

Somebody should film them. Plenty of people can do that with their phones.

I sit in the row in front of these two brothers, they are vile people with nothing good to say. Perhaps the stewards who stand right behind them should do there job.

I hope more people do complain. Reading today's match rating thread and how good our support was made me think of this thread

Both are in their 50s (think they are brothers) with dyed back hair, 1 has scars on face and pure filth coming out of their mouths

I don't know if its me but I find it all a bit much grassing up a fellow fan for swearing and ranting at the players.

If I don't like what someone is saying I would (and have in the past) told them so. I just don't agree with trying to get a fellow fan banned. Like it I say it might be me.

If this pair are as permanently obnoxious towards the players as is stated in this thread, then they don't deserve the title of fans.

I know exactly who you mean i sat near them for about 7 years. They are always complaining about the players ranting rubbish. They've also threatened to beat up a few people, a guy who came a row back stood up to them a season ago and it was quite funny to see. There was a incident i think when we came out of the championship when a mother and daughter started complaining and the ladies actually got moved by the club. I've seen the young one of the two push people over at the hall running to the toilets at half time. They are basically man children!

Also - just wondering, ever thought that they may be another Dagenham Kev case? If it's a case of just leaving him to it, shouldn't the same be done with them? Failing that though, the stewards should probably just do their job, it's not like there's one not far from them...

Back