• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dark hair, scars on their faces and brothers i would say its the Kray brothers best call the undertakers at the london cemetery.... I've also emailed the serious crime squad and may drop David Cameron a line he would be all over this im sure.

No Ben, it's Sad Ken and Harry the Bstard.

I don't know if its me but I find it all a bit much grassing up a fellow fan for swearing and ranting at the players.

If I don't like what someone is saying I would (and have in the past) told them so. I just don't agree with trying to get a fellow fan banned. Like it I say it might be me.

Sorry for the late reply on this but I've only just seen it. I know what you mean Dave, and I have sworn at games in the past (as you are aware!). I am the guy that Fish was referring to that sits with his parents behind him. I have gone to football for years, and have heard everything under the sun, repeatedly.
These guys that we are referring to though are different level. I have sat behind them for years, purely because all of us love ours seats and very often say we wouldn't want another view in the ground. It simply is the best view at Roots Hall in our opinion. I considered moving us this summer, but I refuse to do it just because of these two. We all share that opinion. And, admittedly particularly after a couple of beers, I have talked to them (not shouted), because quite regularly, I am sat there cringing at knowing how offended my parents are by what comes out of their mouths. This is not every now and again, this is again, and again, and again, every 20-30 seconds or so, with the worst language possible. Quite regularly they will wait until the appropriate Southend player is in earshot until they (sometimes literally) spit their foul mouthed abuse at them. This is not tourettes, they know what they are doing.
As I have said, I have talked to them, asking them to not to use so much bad language. The abuse I have received in return is nothing short of shocking. I hate confrontation, so for me to have a word in the first instance is quite something, but seriously...it's offensive. Their counter argument at me is that they have been going more than 40 years so they are entitled to it "and you don't even ?!*$ing come every game anyway". Well, as you know I am a touring musician so have to be away a lot, and sometimes, little do they know, that when my parents can't make it and I can, I will sometimes sit with other friends the other side of the middle block purely to have a game off from their offensive (to us fans and the players) and almost always unnecessary abuse. I have a season ticket, and pay just as much money as them.
So I HAVE had a word with them, but I think something should be done when in return I am physically threatened. I am definitely not interested in 'taking them outside'. A reaction like that is not.
I am back for the Mansfield game. It does sound like there might have been improvement there, which would be a massive relief on our part, but if it comes back I will contacting the club for sure.
Our club, and our players, however bad either can be, don't deserve what they receive from those two, and more than anything, it just saddens me.
I don't go to football to feel, sad, aggravated and threatened.

Sadly people like that dont care what others think so having a word with them isnt going to work. Some people just have no consideration for anyone else.

Then you get in the realms of threats and its just not worth it.

If they are affecting that many people then its the stewards that should be dealing with it.

I am amazed at just how many people these two offend and upset. All the lads will swear but mainly in jest or frustration. These two sound disgusting.

New low for these 2
These evil 2 have strangely spent the last 3 home games very quite but today was a new low
The first half was spent swearing and abusing Cor, but 2 minutes before half time a young dad and son aged about 5 going to their first ever match had to walk past them to take the young lad to the toilet, the dad accidently stood on the one of the mad pairs toes and was met with what i can only discribe as vile abuse. the dad was told to " F!!!ing watch where you are going" the shocked dad replied with "Pardon" and was met with "Yes F!!! off you f!!!ing w!!!er" will the dad take his son again i doubt it. For gods sake get these 2 out of our club.

Did laugh at the end as usual the 2 left early as usual missed the great late goal

New low for these 2
These evil 2 have strangely spent the last 3 home games very quite but today was a new low
The first half was spent swearing and abusing Cor, but 2 minutes before half time a young dad and son aged about 5 going to their first ever match had to walk past them to take the young lad to the toilet, the dad accidently stood on the one of the mad pairs toes and was met with what i can only discribe as vile abuse. the dad was told to " F!!!ing watch where you are going" the shocked dad replied with "Pardon" and was met with "Yes F!!! off you f!!!ing w!!!er" will the dad take his son again i doubt it. For gods sake get these 2 out of our club.

Did laugh at the end as usual the 2 left early as usual missed the great late goal

The club need to act on this now,
Too many instances and what you describe is way over the top.
Yes we need as many fans as possible , but not these two morons.

I've followed the blues for 25 years. I can think of numerous occasions when I've hurled abuse at the team and also the manager - I'd be tempted to sound off at Alvin Martin if he was here now! I've abused the board too. But abuse an individual player? I'm not sure I ever have. Take Straker - the groan of the crowd when he ****s something up is enough - and he hears it. Equally he's picked by Brown who is picked by Martin, I'd moan at the organ grinder, not his monkey.

I've followed the blues for 25 years. I can think of numerous occasions when I've hurled abuse at the team and also the manager - I'd be tempted to sound off at Alvin Martin if he was here now! I've abused the board too. But abuse an individual player? I'm not sure I ever have. Take Straker - the groan of the crowd when he ****s something up is enough - and he hears it. Equally he's picked by Brown who is picked by Martin, I'd moan at the organ grinder, not his monkey.

Bit racist :winking:

I am amazed that this thread is up to 5 pages and still going on!. I am aware that being somewhat older that a lot of people who frequent this site, some may find my thoughts different to their own in these days of PC correctness etc. But believe me, if i was sitting in that vicinity with a mate/s who still go after decades, despite our age we would have put these 2 Scroats to the sword long before now.

There's no excuse for their behaviour either to the team or other fans. I had a cup of tea accidentally thrown over the back of me yesterday, I dread to think what would have happened if it had been one of these two. The club is trying hard to attract new fans but really needs to take some kind of action against these idiots.

Can't we run a poll to vote on what to do with these sub-humans? Then hand the results to SK. Ban for 6 games, then if no improvement 12, then a full season, then a life ban - that would be my choice since hanging, drawing and quartering is now unlawful.

Back