• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PS is going to have some selection dilemmas based on the comments here. I suspect Jack will be starting as the point of a loan is to get some first team experience. I am sure that if he meets expectation then PS will try & keep him for longer. He might be tempted to rest Dicko a bit as his goals will continue to be crucial in the run in. Can't wait for the Football League Show tonight!

Liam Dickinson put in a great shift today - man of the match performance.
Second that. I really had to restrain myself from having a go at the couple behind us. She slagged Dicko from the start and he layed into Benyon when she drew breath!

Well, I am gutted and very unhapppy. :'(

Went to the game last season and I was treated quite badly by the stewards who treated me to some "extra hospitality" and explained that they had been warned to expect trouble at the game from Southend fans and were being extra vigilant (but I am still at a loss as to why they picked out me for extra "attention" - worse than at Stockport). Odd I thought but I did not argue as there are many idiots who pose as football fans except that I wouldn't pick a fight with a ladybird let alone another person ............. so I decided to "vote with my feet" and stay away this year .............

.......... and they go and score 5! :dizzy: That is both unreasonable and insenstive.

Come on Sturrock - sort it out!!

My lad chose tickets for todays game for his birthday treat and he took 3 mates that had never seen the Shrimpers away. Well, what a great day they had. A large away attendance, banter with the locals, 7 goals and a Shrimpers win to take us back to the top.

Morris...7 A couple of blunders, but made up for them with a huge save at the end.
Clohessy...7 Good again. Kept whipping crosses in.
Gilbert 7...Bit sloppy for their opener but got better as the game went on
Barker 6...Not at his commanding best, but improved second half
Phillips 8...Did his job with ease. Looks right on top of his game
Hall 8...A constant threat, again. Linked well with Sean. Several dangerous crosses
Kalala 7...He did the dirty work very well
Timlin 7...Again worked his socks off
Martin 8...A great performance. Looked much fitter and more confident. Put in some lovely balls
Dickinson 8...Frustrating player to watch, but caused them lots of problems.
Benyon 7..Some nice touches, but needs a goal to settle down. Keeps things simple and works hard.
Subs Mohsni 8...The fans favourite and he didn't disappoint. He lifted the crowd and we lifted the team. Welcome back Bil
Sampson 7..Looks a decent player. Big, strong and good feet

Sturrock 9. My MOTM. Don't know what he said at HT but they tore the Cobblers to shreads 2nd half. Then he realised we were whipping in crosses but nobody was converting them. Brought on two big guys in Mohsni (who owed him big time) and Sampson to add more height, and within minutes we were finishing our chances. He deserved his cuddle from Mohsni

Core what an away day! first time I have seen us score 5 since my second ever game v Bournemouth ages ago. (I did watch QPR on tv but that probably doesn't count).

The way we varied our attacking play in the second half was very impressive, most long balls we played actually worked off, many times balls were pinged diagonally to Hall with purpose and got to him, Martin and Sampson both looked quality.

Before January I was thinking that if we are to go up in the autos, Sturrock would have to sign players to give us a bit of extra ooomph, he seems to have done that.

Few away games coming up which we seem to get more points from, hopefully we can then sort out home form out when we get back to the hall.

FInally a mention for Luggy, thats why he is a promotion winning manager and no one on here is! Great subs, great tactics, and great signings, if he gets us promoted it will surely rank as good as any achievement in this clubs history, considering where we were 2 years ago.

Spot on Clinton !

I think I must be the most hated person in Northampton every season they get dressing down from the sumo!

Thanks buddy, I was just having a midnight snack whilst watching the highlights on the Beeb and your tits popped into view after the goal. Put me right off my snack!:smile:

A very memorable day indeed.

First half Northampton played to their max, 2nd half we played like League leaders and they could not live with us.

MOM Liam Dickinson - buried a pressure penalty and followed that up with a great 2nd goal. Played with passion and linked up well with Bilel & Jack when they came on. Jack Sampson showed some great touches and feel sure that during his time with us he will be much appreciated by Blues fans.

A truly great team performance with fantastic spirit, support was superb and of course special mention for our 'Wild Card' that is Bilel Mohsni he was pure magic.
If I had to choose a Blues Match to have in my Groundhog Day - this would be right up there with the best.:clap:

Back