• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Getting back to the original post , i think that a racist moron would be far LESS likely to shout racist abuse if the 2 sets of supporters were not seggregated by fences and stewards simply because they are full of cowardice and wouldnt dare turn round to someone ,say , in the row directly behind them , would they ? Racism = ignorance end of .

I've had aggro at speedway, a psycho Wimbledon supporter threatening me and my g/f of the time purely as one of their riders had been put in the fence (you don't cross Alan Mogridge :p) as well as the National League Pairs at Hackney in 1989 when a bunch of p****d up Edinburgh Monarchs fans decided they would take their frustrations out on anybody in the vicinity.

lol...aggro at speedway eh GSUFC?? Well, first and foremost, Wimbledon do not exist anymore (sound familiar?!) and the second incident...well...you were in Scotland!
Incidentally, you sound like you know your stuff...if you are interested, I have an article due for publication in Speedwaystar in the next few weeks regarding the sport and its failings with regard to facilities/quality of stadia. Keep an eye out ;)

lol...aggro at speedway eh GSUFC?? Well, first and foremost, Wimbledon do not exist anymore (sound familiar?!) and the second incident...well...you were in Scotland!
Incidentally, you sound like you know your stuff...if you are interested, I have an article due for publication in Speedwaystar in the next few weeks regarding the sport and its failings with regard to facilities/quality of stadia. Keep an eye out ;)

I know Wimbledon aren't running anymore (although didn't they have a Conference team for a couple of seasons recently?)

The pairs was at Hackney (years ago before it was rebuilt, can't believe it will be the site of the Olympic stadium), not Armadale (or even Glasgow where it's been held the past few seasons).

Cool, drop me a PM when it's in. I don't buy the Speedway Star anymore, just tend to browse it in WH Smith's well it is a public library!

I know Wimbledon aren't running anymore (although didn't they have a Conference team for a couple of seasons recently?)

The pairs was at Hackney (years ago before it was rebuilt, can't believe it will be the site of the Olympic stadium), not Armadale (or even Glasgow where it's been held the past few seasons).

Cool, drop me a PM when it's in. I don't buy the Speedway Star anymore, just tend to browse it in WH Smith's well it is a public library!

Ah sorry...I neglected to fully read the section of your post relating to the pairs. I suppose the aggro still came from Scottish fans! :angel:

What I can't believe is the fact that in amongst a large group of crumbling stadia, Waterden Road provided a view of the potential future of the sport. It was an impressive arena, yet just a few years later fell into disrepair and then succumbed to demolition. Such a waste.

I shall indeed pm you nearer the time ;)

Ah sorry...I neglected to fully read the section of your post relating to the pairs. I suppose the aggro still came from Scottish fans! :angel:

What I can't believe is the fact that in amongst a large group of crumbling stadia, Waterden Road provided a view of the potential future of the sport. It was an impressive arena, yet just a few years later fell into disrepair and then succumbed to demolition. Such a waste.

Sounds like my body ;) ........:(

Cool, I'll be very interested to here what you've got to say.

True, all that money spent on Hackney Speedway and as you said it's now been raised to the ground.

Yes, Edinburgh fans were none too pleasant, although the couple of times I've been over to Armadale they've created a great atrmosphere, unlike Glasgow I might add. Shame the GRA won't let them ride at their old home (also the old home ground of Clyde FC, Shawfield), it's a far better facility than the dump that is Ashfield. I thought places like Rye House, Eastbourne & even Foxhall Stadium & Arena were terrible places to watch speedway, but they're palatial compared to the home of the Tigers!

John, if you (or anoy other of the mods) want to take these posts out and create a new thread about speedway in All Sports, I don't mind. Don't want to be accused of thread diversion for the Nth time! :p

Cool, I'll be very interested to here what you've got to say.

True, all that money spent on Hackney Speedway and as you said it's now been raised to the ground.

Yes, Edinburgh fans were none too pleasant, although the couple of times I've been over to Armadale they've created a great atrmosphere, unlike Glasgow I might add. Shame the GRA won't let them ride at their old home (also the old home ground of Clyde FC, Shawfield), it's a far better facility than the dump that is Ashfield. I thought places like Rye House, Eastbourne & even Foxhall Stadium & Arena were terrible places to watch speedway, but they're palatial compared to the home of the Tigers!

John, if you (or anoy other of the mods) want to take these posts out and create a new thread about speedway in All Sports, I don't mind. Don't want to be accused of thread diversion for the Nth time! :p

Asif you would ever divert a thread....:rolleyes:

Just start a thread in the other forum..

The thing that makes it worse is, not only did I take my nephew who I tell rasicm isn't right etc BUT he was there with his son!

This is a mighty confusing sentence. Presumably your nephew either doesn't have a son or still need telling about racism.

:D

What confuses me slightly is that this is deemed as completely unacceptable in society yet terms like "black-on-black crime" and "black music" are acceptable. I'm pretty sure the "*******" biit would be a general term used because he's shouting at a rival fan so it must be the adjective that is objectionable in certain context only.

I'm ashamed to say I encountered my first example of racism from a southend "fan" I had the pleasure of sitting next to yesterday. I'm sure many of you remember that we had a bit of banter with a section of oxford fans closest to us in the same stand. One of them was black and appeared to be the ring leader in attempting to wind us up. We responded by outsinging them which is the way to deal with such a situation. This guy thought a better idea was to call him a "black b******" and shout out "send him over here." He then didnt watch any of the second half coz he was more interested in threatening these guys. What a waste of a ticket. Someone who actually cared about the club might have missed out because of this moron. I took my mate to his first game as he's more into rugby and cricket and was ashamed to be a southend fan because of that and the performance. I've had many debates with him about why fans of opposite teams not sitting together can be a good thing but now it seems I haven't got a leg to stand on.

Name and shame i say.........someone try and find out who these ignorant single brain cell morons are and name them publicly

very very surprised by this. i was near this area and didn't hear anything like this. not on whats so ever especially near young kids.

I'm confused. Calling someone a 'Black *******' is racist and wrong, yet calling Matt Harrold (for example) a ginger tosser, is perfectly fine.

The N word, or the word that rhymes with toon, is different, as they are deliberately derogatory words, but to call someone black is realistically, merely stating fact. Granted, most people who would do it in front of kids probably have an IQ of about the same age as the child, but still..

Name and shame i say.........someone try and find out who these ignorant single brain cell morons are and name them publicly

then follow them with machetes and demand execution!! yeah... then we would be a backward country... like sudan

The loss of Rayleigh Stadium is, of course, far sadder...

Sorry guys.

I meant I took my nephew who was 14 yrs old and this so called "dad" stood up next to his young who was even younger than my nephew and shouted those shocking words!

I was gob smacked as was everyone around me I think!

Back