• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

and building a wall was a example, as you wouldnt just say dont worry maybe next time, or even stand behind him cheering him on while doing a **** job,

and where did i say i didnt respect Tilson did i? and if we all thought the same or had the same opions then that ginger waste od space would play every game, and booing is just expressing the way you feel or thinking, Saturday wasnt good enough, and cant belive people think it was, even the players new it, as they all walked off.

So as J said what does tilson have to do?

Ok, flip this around. If you were a big land owner and had need for about 23/46 walls each year, would you keep going back to the same builder who consistently built poorer walls than at least 30 other builders but usually about 80? My guess is that you would be inclined to go to the builders, still local at 30-45 miles down the road who built far better walls.

Football support and lower level football as a whole isn't based on the same economic principles as anything else. I've paid to see players at Roots Hall who have been worse than players I've played against. You don't go to Roots Hall to see anywhere near the best players in the area and yet you're happy paying half the price for which you can see some of the best in the world.

The football industry is reliant on blind loyalty from fans - without unfailing loyalty, Southend and most of the bottom 2 divisions would rapidly disappear.

As for Tilly, the club is in a far, far better position as a result of his management and he has not only stabilised the club after relegation but put us in a position where we have a stab at promotion. Yes, Saturday was a poor result but I think you need to examine your expectations if you think that the team should be booed rght now.

Last edited:
I'm intrigued by this ginger rubbish. I wonder if because it is socially unacceptable to make fun or insult someone because of their race (and rightly so IMHO) ginger has become the new black. Certainly apart from calling someone "ginge" there was never as I recall any of the vitriol towards ginger people as there is now. Indeed one of my best friends from school who I still see is ginger (if now a little grey). Can't understand it to be honest.

If a black man called me a white ******* I would not find it the least bit offensive. I am after all white (Altough to the best of my knowledge not a *******).

Playing devils advocate is it worse than calling him a fat, ginger, small ******* which normally raises a laugh on a quiet and dull game?

I guess my point is that why mention the colour.....would you call your mate a white Bar stuard and just a Bar stuard if he ****ed you off??

I guess my point is that why mention the colour.....would you call your mate a white Bar stuard and just a Bar stuard if he ****ed you off??

My Mrs always moans at me if I shout "Scottish ****" at some random bloke on the telly (usually the news, especially if its Gordon Brown).

She says "you wouldn't say English ****, would you?" To which I usually reply, well not exactly but I usually refine it e.g. Northern/Geordie/Scouse/Manc **** :p

My Mrs always moans at me if I shout "Scottish ****" at some random bloke on the telly (usually the news, especially if its Gordon Brown).

She says "you wouldn't say English ****, would you?" To which I usually reply, well not exactly but I usually refine it e.g. Northern/Geordie/Scouse/Manc **** :p

That's different. Married to a Scot I love calling so and so a Scottish ****. As if they don't call us FEBS.

That's ****ing English *******s for those not in the know. Last time i looked the Scots weren't a race depite what Alex Salmond would like you to believe. My wife can trace one side of her family to the Irish potato famine for which as everyone knows you as English people are completely responsible for. As well as the Highland clearances of course.

That's ****ing English *******s for those not in the know. Last time i looked the Scots weren't a race depite what Alex Salmond would like you to believe. My wife can trace one side of her family to the Irish potato famine for which as everyone knows you as English people are completely responsible for. As well as the Highland clearances of course.

I like to take this further and claim "we own them"
All this talk of independence, if it wasn't for ENGLAND, they'd be some inconsequential waste of space....... oops I've said too much! :p

All this talk of independence, if it wasn't for ENGLAND, they'd be some inconsequential waste of space....... oops I've said too much! :p

Mate......don’t get me started on the subject, living up here for 5 years now i have very very strong views. I have even put my thoughts on Bebo.

I live a few doors from Alex Salmond (the Scottish first minister) and he is one of the worse anti English Scots man i have ever met.....he calls it being patriotic i call it fear of the English

We are the Landlords of Scotland and they are the tenants, we will take it back when ever we want to.

Independence my ***....let them have it....lets see how long they will last, they drag us down anyway

Last edited:

My Wife is Aberdeen born and bread and she does not get the Scottish English thing.....she sits on the fence when i get carried away....i think we would be divorced by now if not

Mate......don’t get me started on the subject, living up here for 5 years now i have very very strong views. I have even put my thoughts on Bebo.

I live a few doors from Alex Salmon (the Scottish first minister) and he is one of the worse ant English Scots man i have ever met.....he calls it being patriotic i call it fear of the English

We are the Landlords of Scotland and they are the tenants, we will take it back when ever we want to.

Independence my ***

Stand as an independant in the next Scottish Assembly elections then! :p
I'll do it down here if you will up there :D

My Wife is Aberdeen born and bread and she does not get the Scottish English thing.....she sits on the fence when i get carried away....i think we would be divorced by now if not

Very similar to mine mate! You never answered if you thought they maybe knew each other!

Stand as an independant in the next Scottish Assembly elections then! :p
I'll do it down here if you will up there :D

Ferk that.....i get lynched when i put my St George cross out the window during England games.

Mr Salmond even came round and said "take that shut down" of course he would say he was joking...but

How old is your wife?

Mine is 34 and grew up in Summer Hill (Aberdeen) also went to School there

34 too, born Fraserburgh, lived in Inverurie & Oldmeldrum (went to Inverurie Academy). She went to Robert Gordon's Uni, think if they do know each other (she said she knew somebody with your wife's first name) it would be from uni or work! She always says everybody knows everybody else (of a similar age) in that city anyway!

that is very true, they do all appear to know each other.

My Wife worked for Universal Sodexho for 13 years. they are a Facilities Mnagment company looking after the Oil and Gas industry. She is now an HR Manager for Shell working in Aberdeen

34 too, born Fraserburgh, lived in Inverurie & Oldmeldrum (went to Inverurie Academy). She went to Robert Gordon's Uni, think if they do know each other (she said she knew somebody with your wife's first name) it would be from uni or work! She always says everybody knows everybody else (of a similar age) in that city anyway!

Does your wife have a Bebo site?? if so PM me it and i will let you know Senga's. I think there is a strong possibilite that they know each other....My wife's name is very unusal so if your wife has met a "Senga" the chances are it was my wife

Would you believe when at uni in Dundee I worked at a bakery alongside Frank Doran who is now MP for one of the Aberdeen seats.
Devolution has really set free the fourth rate politicians north of the border. At least we get third rate down here. :)

My nephew works in Aberdeen. Says the accent of the Peterhead/Fraserburgh mob is inpenetrable.

Would you believe when at uni in Dundee I worked at a bakery alongside Frank Doran who is now MP for one of the Aberdeen seats.
Devolution has really set free the fourth rate politicians north of the border. At least we get third rate down here. :)

That is half the problem, there is not depth in quality of politician which is why air heads like my neighbour end up running this country

My nephew works in Aberdeen. Says the accent of the Peterhead/Fraserburgh mob is inpenetrable.

I am 10 mins south of Fraserburgh...kind of in between the Fraserburgh and Peterhead....and i totally agree, it is the worse accent i have ever heard...i am not exaggerating when i say that i understand Japanese more than the accents around here.

words like Ken, Fit, brock, pecking, foos ya doos, haud ya wisht. it is endless.(Ken, Fit, brock, pecking, do not mean what you think they mean)

Back