• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ok, flip this around. If you were a big land owner and had need for about 23/46 walls each year, would you keep going back to the same builder who consistently built poorer walls than at least 30 other builders but usually about 80? My guess is that you would be inclined to go to the builders, still local at 30-45 miles down the road who built far better walls.

Football support and lower level football as a whole isn't based on the same economic principles as anything else. I've paid to see players at Roots Hall who have been worse than players I've played against. You don't go to Roots Hall to see anywhere near the best players in the area and yet you're happy paying half the price for which you can see some of the best in the world.

The football industry is reliant on blind loyalty from fans - without unfailing loyalty, Southend and most of the bottom 2 divisions would rapidly disappear.

As for Tilly, the club is in a far, far better position as a result of his management and he has not only stabilised the club after relegation but put us in a position where we have a stab at promotion. Yes, Saturday was a poor result but I think you need to examine your expectations if you think that the team should be booed rght now.

To the SPAG police, it should be better now. I'm pretty sure someone must have switched around a few keys on my keyboard....

My nephew works in Aberdeen. Says the accent of the Peterhead/Fraserburgh mob is inpenetrable.

It is, although thankfully she doesn't suffer from it. Most people think she's actually Irish. Funny, when I visit her Mum goes all posh until one of the family visit/phone & then reverts to some kind of strange dialect (as described in detail by A_S), can't complain all their family have got hearts of gold though!

Does your wife have a Bebo site?? if so PM me it and i will let you know Senga's. I think there is a strong possibilite that they know each other....My wife's name is very unusal so if your wife has met a "Senga" the chances are it was my wife

She said she did know someone of that name. She worked for Oiltools as an accountant (yes, they let us finance types, breed :p) at Bridge of Don before she met me. Lived in city centre whilst at uni and working.

No Bebo or Facebook site though I'm afraid!

She said she did know someone of that name. She worked for Oiltools as an accountant (yes, they let us finance types, breed :p) at Bridge of Don before she met me. Lived in city centre whilst at uni and working.

No Bebo or Facebook site though I'm afraid!

Mrs Aberdeen Shrimper says that she does not think she knows her

I'm ashamed to say I encountered my first example of racism from a southend "fan" I had the pleasure of sitting next to yesterday. I'm sure many of you remember that we had a bit of banter with a section of oxford fans closest to us in the same stand. One of them was black and appeared to be the ring leader in attempting to wind us up. We responded by outsinging them which is the way to deal with such a situation. This guy thought a better idea was to call him a "black b******" and shout out "send him over here." He then didnt watch any of the second half coz he was more interested in threatening these guys. What a waste of a ticket. Someone who actually cared about the club might have missed out because of this moron. I took my mate to his first game as he's more into rugby and cricket and was ashamed to be a southend fan because of that and the performance. I've had many debates with him about why fans of opposite teams not sitting together can be a good thing but now it seems I haven't got a leg to stand on.

bloody hell mate. What you say he done is wrong, but if you had a problem why not take it up with him rather than go on about it on a message board???

bloody hell mate. What you say he done is wrong, but if you had a problem why not take it up with him rather than go on about it on a message board???

Freedome of Speech and open descusion!!!!!

Back