• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chants like "we want our money back" doesn't help the cause either :mad:

Not at all. I think it's a great idea.

My point is that it's a shame some people still feel the need to boo, despite the efforts of others.

Disagree if you want, but i thought the support on Saturday was awful.

Aren't we supposed to have the Blue Voice now? Some Blue Voice when the players are booed off at both half time and full time for being 0-0! 0-0 for f**k sake!

That's really getting behind the team isn't it? Booing them off. Utter disgrace.

can any of you really say you enjoyed the game, any of you think we really played well, any of you really happy with a boring 0-0 game with a mid table blue square team, coz i fcuking wasnt.

and aint people allowed non happy clappy opions, if we wish to boo, then thats not coz we dont support the club or want us not to do well, its coz we aint happy with what we just paid for, and we want the club to do well.

we paid £16/£18 for a ticket to watch a service, if you was getting a wall built and it wasnt straight would you say to the build dont worry mate maybe next time...........

racism at a football match? What next? Swearing?

I can understand with what your saying, but I must admit I was slightly peed ofd with the boos at full time. Looking at Tillys reaction to us he must have thought the same.

I did notice the only player to make a real effort with us at the end was Charlie McDonald, nearly everyother player walked away in disgust. Whether that because they are also upset with the result or because of our boos they gave up im not sure.

Why do we feel the need to mention the colour of someone’s skin.....i am white but you would not call me a white Barstuard.......why yell at the guy you Black ******* when everyone can clearly see the guy is black......do people that mention the colour of someone’s skin think that they are the only one who can see it and need to let everyone else know just in case we had not noticed???

I know mate, unbeleivable. The thing that made it worse was he was more towards the front and it was a quiet part of the game when he just jumped up and said it very loud.

I was in shock to be honest

Bloody hell.. it's in the past! The bloke is probably not a regular fan, so get over it! It's done.. and nothing can un do it, the only thing we're doing here is highlighting an incident for everyone else to see...

I actually spotted him at a few other games where he also gave stick to certain people.

Anyway as you say, what he done was very wrong but lets move onwards and upwards!

I actually spotted him at a few other games where he also gave stick to certain people.

Anyway as you say, what he done was very wrong but lets move onwards and upwards!

here here.... Downwards and backwards..

can any of you really say you enjoyed the game, any of you think we really played well, any of you really happy with a boring 0-0 game with a mid table blue square team, coz i fcuking wasnt.

and aint people allowed non happy clappy opions, if we wish to boo, then thats not coz we dont support the club or want us not to do well, its coz we aint happy with what we just paid for, and we want the club to do well.

we paid £16/£18 for a ticket to watch a service, if you was getting a wall built and it wasnt straight would you say to the build dont worry mate maybe next time...........

Because this isn't just any old service like getting a wall built, it's NOTHING like that. We support a small club doing its best to get bigger and the players and management need all the SUPPORT they can get, even when they are struggling with new systems or players off form. All this "I didn't like it so I showed my displeasure, it's my right to" is CRAP CRAP CRAP which is dragging us down. WHAT MORE DOES TILSON HAVE TO DO TO GET A BIT OF RESPECT FROM SOME OF YOU???!!! Much more of this and he will be off, and then the old phrase "You don't know what you've got till it's gone" will suddenly make sense to the boo boys.

:mad:

Because this isn't just any old service like getting a wall built, it's NOTHING like that. We support a small club doing its best to get bigger and the players and management need all the SUPPORT they can get, even when they are struggling with new systems or players off form. All this "I didn't like it so I showed my displeasure, it's my right to" is CRAP CRAP CRAP which is dragging us down. WHAT MORE DOES TILSON HAVE TO DO TO GET A BIT OF RESPECT FROM SOME OF YOU???!!! Much more of this and he will be off, and then the old phrase "You don't know what you've got till it's gone" will suddenly make sense to the boo boys.

what does tilson have to do?

Look like he knows what he's doing.. He is nothing without eastwood.... facta****ingmundo

Look like he knows what he's doing.. He is nothing without eastwood.... facta****ingmundo

Waaahhaaaahaaaahaaaahaaahaaaha! :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Even for you that is taking fishing to extremes, J!

:thump:

Bloody hell.. it's in the past! The bloke is probably not a regular fan, so get over it! It's done.. and nothing can un do it, the only thing we're doing here is highlighting an incident for everyone else to see...

Did you not notice that sign that said "Chit Chat".....that is what we are doing. We are discussing a very real problem that still exists in football, and burying your head in the sand will not make it go away.

We have to highlight these incidents to shame the pathetic cowards for what they really are.

Read the bit above that says "A forum to discuss all issues about the world's greatest football team"

and building a wall was a example, as you wouldnt just say dont worry maybe next time, or even stand behind him cheering him on while doing a **** job,

and where did i say i didnt respect Tilson did i? and if we all thought the same or had the same opions then that ginger waste od space would play every game, and booing is just expressing the way you feel or thinking, Saturday wasnt good enough, and cant belive people think it was, even the players new it, as they all walked off.

So as J said what does tilson have to do?

and building a wall was a example, as you wouldnt just say dont worry maybe next time, or even stand behind him cheering him on while doing a **** job,

and where did i say i didnt respect Tilson did i? and if we all thought the same or had the same opions then that ginger waste od space would play every game, and booing is just expressing the way you feel or thinking, Saturday wasnt good enough, and cant belive people think it was, even the players new it, as they all walked off.

So as J said what does tilson have to do?

Walls doesn't work as an analogy because they are so straightforward and repetitive - unlike trying to put together a football team from a squad of 20 players and then giving them the tactics to beat the opposition, who may be worse, the same, or better than them. Once you've built a few walls there is little excuse for turning in a poor one (unless it's Monday morning and you've been on the lash all weekend, of course).

Southend United are like family to me. As it happens I do most of the cooking and household work in our house. Most of the time I do a good job, and everyone is happy. Occasionaly I get it wrong - either because things get on top of me and I fall behind (so perhaps#1 son doesn't have a clean shirt for school), or because I try a recipe and it doesn't work because I haven't read it properly, or I try substituting ingredients because I don't have what is asked for, or perhaps because I make a mistake and the grub simply isn't up to standard. If my missus and my kids followed your line, I would be screamed at and abused every time something like that happened. I would be told in no uncertain terms how useless I was, and what a waste of space I am. How long would I stick around for if that was happening every time they felt a bit dissatisfied?

As it is they appreciate that (at least for the moment!) I am the best they have and I am doing my best. They remember that I work hard and usually do well. I don't deliberately try and **** them off by not washing shirts or serving up crap, and they know that. They may moan a bit, and of course they will comment and criticise, they don't pretend the everything is OK when it clearly isn't, but fundamentally they are behind me, they know that I am OVERALL doing a good job, and they give me the SUPPORT I need to make me feel good about what I have achieved and make me want to carry on trying to please them. If I got the sort of abuse that Tilson and the team are getting right now, pretty soon I would be eyeing up the tart up the road who may seem to be so much more understanding than my own family are.

Tilson and the team ARE family, and we need to start treating them a bit more like it, and less like incompetent idle jobbing brickies!

It's one person for goodness sake. If you go to the opera there's probably at least one person in the audience who's racist. It's not as if there was a mass chant of 'you black b@stard'.

It's one person for goodness sake. If you go to the opera there's probably at least one person in the audience who's racist. It's not as if there was a mass chant of 'you black b@stard'.

When were you at the opera last :)
To be honest this is dead simple and an issue for the Stewards. If someone acts in a racist manner and it seems like it was pretty obvious he was the stewards eject him. If he has kids I'm sorry they go too. End of story. Simple.
Same would happen at Convent Garden.

To be honest this is dead simple and an issue for the Stewards. If someone acts in a racist manner and it seems like it was pretty obvious he was the stewards eject him. If he has kids I'm sorry they go too. End of story. Simple.

Yeah thats what I was surprised with was that the stewards didnt turf him out. I cant remember this guy having a kid with him but the other side of me there was a guy with a little kid. And yeah calling Matt Harrold a ginger tosser or whatever is I suppose a bit racist but for some reason, rightly or wrongly, it doesnt seem such a taboo.

Why do we feel the need to mention the colour of someone’s skin.....i am white but you would not call me a white Barstuard.......why yell at the guy you Black ******* when everyone can clearly see the guy is black......do people that mention the colour of someone’s skin think that they are the only one who can see it and need to let everyone else know just in case we had not noticed???

If a black man called me a white ******* I would not find it the least bit offensive. I am after all white (Altough to the best of my knowledge not a *******).

Playing devils advocate is it worse than calling him a fat, ginger, small ******* which normally raises a laugh on a quiet and dull game?

I think the people it's happened to there are nun. :D

But then who can he get with limited funds and only league one football to offer.

90% of teams in the basement two divisions lack a decent striker.....They are a rare commdity in the modern game.

Back