• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Groyne Strain

Manager
I happened to be in the ticket office today ruminating on whether or not to avail myself of the virtues of the South Upper or the simple pleasure of East Yellows for the Burnley game.

As I ruminated, a genetleman (for want of a better expletive) marched up to the counter, literally threw 3 season cards at one of the ladies not serving me and just said "Southampton tickets." No please, no modicum of even the slightest human decency.

I took it upon myself to say to the lady dealing with my request. "Jesus, what a ****." Whereupon said man replied "What?" My response was simple - "There's no need for rudeness, mate. You didn't like it, did you?"

At just that point, the wise member of staff firmly said to him "Here you are, 3 Southampton tickets. How would you like to pay sir?" before anything became heated. Slightly red-faced, he took the tickets, paid his money over, and left

It's one thing to perhaps look down our noses at ticket staff - we all do when they get something wrong - but to behave in such a moronic manner gives us supporters a bad name and is hardly conducive to having things run smoothly.

So perhaps the next time we get riled when we don't get exactly what we want when we want from the ticket office it may be as well to take a step back and consider what eejits they have to deal with before we go onto our high horses.

God bless the ticket staff - especially that young one with the curly, shoulder-length browny-blondey hair.

God bless the ticket staff - especially that young one with the curly, shoulder-length browny-blondey hair.

I wonder if she's the one who sounds all sultry on the phone?
She's always aghast when I give her my address as if it's impossible anybody from this far away can still want to follow Southend!

I happened to be in the ticket office today ruminating on whether or not to avail myself of the virtues of the South Upper or the simple pleasure of East Yellows for the Burnley game.

As I ruminated, a genetleman (for want of a better expletive) marched up to the counter, literally threw 3 season cards at one of the ladies not serving me and just said "Southampton tickets." No please, no modicum of even the slightest human decency.

I took it upon myself to say to the lady dealing with my request. "Jesus, what a ****." Whereupon said man replied "What?" My response was simple - "There's no need for rudeness, mate. You didn't like it, did you?"

At just that point, the wise member of staff firmly said to him "Here you are, 3 Southampton tickets. How would you like to pay sir?" before anything became heated. Slightly red-faced, he took the tickets, paid his money over, and left

It's one thing to perhaps look down our noses at ticket staff - we all do when they get something wrong - but to behave in such a moronic manner gives us supporters a bad name and is hardly conducive to having things run smoothly.

So perhaps the next time we get riled when we don't get exactly what we want when we want from the ticket office it may be as well to take a step back and consider what eejits they have to deal with before we go onto our high horses.

Well done. Glad to see that common decency and manners has not disappeared altogether. Some people think that "please" is not obligatory when asking for something nowadays. Too much Yank television!

I also totally agree, when ever you get through to them they are very helpfull and can't say I've ever had problems with them.

The problem is actually getting through to them but there is no sense taking it out on them.

I've always found the office staff very courteous and efficient. There's no excuse for rudeness. Life's too short. Hope the punter changes his ways but I doubt it.

Just a sad reflection on society in general i'm afraid, far too many people are so full of their own importance that they care not for anyone else

Always found them to be polite however I do get peed off sometimes in there like yesterday when going for my southampton tickets, quite a queue at 10 am and while waiting to be served they were answering the phones. Now I do not have a problem with them answering the phone but, not when they have a queue full of people waiting. I personally prefer to go to the ticket office but I know others cannot due to work committments etc and it is there only way of purchasing a ticket but surely there must be a balance somewhere. Or even introduce a system whereby personal callers only for first day and thereafter telephone calls can be accepted. Just one more moan!!! Why is it there never have any change if you pay in cash.
Moaning aside I have witnessed several people's rudeness while in there and if it was me serving them I would make sure they got the cr**ist seats. They do say revenge can be sweet.

Does Roy McDonough's ex-wife Jackie, still work at Roots Hall ?

Does Roy McDonough's ex-wife Jackie, still work at Roots Hall ?
How long ago was that? She was at a travel agent in Colchester. I booked my holiday through her!

As for the ticket office staff; I've always found if I'm polite and sympathetic to their problems they give me better seats for the away games! :)

Now I do not have a problem with them answering the phone but, not when they have a queue full of people waiting

on a slightly different note i was in B&Q Harold Hill last week and halfway through ringing up my stuff the bird on the till actually stoppped to take a call on her mobile. I'm not a big mobile phone fan but thought this was ridiculous.

on a slightly different note i was in B&Q Harold Hill last week and halfway through ringing up my stuff the bird on the till actually stoppped to take a call on her mobile. I'm not a big mobile phone fan but thought this was ridiculous.

If she had done that to me I would have walked out, and bugger what I was buying.

On the subject of the ticket office staff, I had a problem over Col Ewe tickets last year, but it was dealt with efficiently and courteously. I think they do a pretty damn good job with the limited resources at their disposal.

Back