• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
This Thursday, Tara Brady is in the High Court in a case v Ron Martin to recover the money he is owed. I haven't seen it myself. I haven't seen this anywhere... can anyone confirm or deny?

Also, apparently the word is that Cresswell is looking to head back up north for family reasons and may not be here next year. I must admit his display and reaction at the end of the game wasn't that of someone who is about to depart, but has anyone else heard this?

This Thursday, Tara Brady is in the High Court in a case v Ron Martin to recover the money he is owed. I haven't seen it myself. I haven't seen this anywhere... can anyone confirm or deny?

Also, apparently the word is that Cresswell is looking to head back up north for family reasons and may not be here next year. I must admit his display and reaction at the end of the game wasn't that of someone who is about to depart, but has anyone else heard this?

Surely the case will be listed publicly if it is in the High Court? Maybe not until this afternoon though.

Who cares? Apart from Tara Brady and Ron.
If there is indeed a court case - there is an argument for the plaintif and one for the defence.
Rumours tell us nothing. The thread states Tara v Ron. If it is not SUFC - I do not care less. Is a business dispute.

The ground looks very slightly more likely and we won last night. Tara v Ron? None of our business!

Heard this too but don't know if there's any substance to it. If there is, who is he actually suing?Which one of Rons many companies did he actually 'invest' in?

When I was in England I heard that Cresswell was likely to leave. Could the Tara Brady business be the bad news that was going to arrive this summer?

Cresswell will be a massive loss if he does decide to go back up north.

Still can't believe Cresswell is only 25. He looks so much older!

I hope he stays, he's a good defender, good on the ball and can score goals - what more do you want?

Also, he's from Rotherham, so these 'homesick' rumours are blatantly bollocks - Rotherham is a ****hole.

If there is indeed a court case - there is an argument for the plaintif and one for the defence.
Rumours tell us nothing. The thread states Tara v Ron. If it is not SUFC - I do not care less. Is a business dispute.

The ground looks very slightly more likely and we won last night. Tara v Ron? None of our business!

SUFC would care if it resulted in bankruptcy for Ron...

If the money was borrowed to put into the club then that will be another 600k of debt we incurr, if Ron can find it from somewhere else of course.

SUFC would care if it resulted in bankruptcy for Ron...

If the money was borrowed to put into the club then that will be another 600k of debt we incurr, if Ron can find it from somewhere else of course.

Just seen a Bentley on webuyanycar.com

Also just seen a man with exquisitely lavish hair dropping off a load of hair products at Cash Converters.

Like it or not, the finances of SUFC and Ron's myriad inter-related "businesses" (such as they are) are inextricably linked.

Would be very interesting if this resulted in personal bankruptcy rather than being related to Southend United as would this not disqualify you from being a Director of any UK business?

Would be very interesting if this resulted in personal bankruptcy rather than being related to Southend United as would this not disqualify you from being a Director of any UK business?

But how does that help our cause ?

Can you really see that Ron would have put himself personally at risk in any of this?

Any claims will surely be made against his limited companies?

It is probably money loaned to SEL (UK) Ltd or Roots Hall Ltd. It could have some impact, but depends on which legal route Tara takes. If he issues winding up proceedings, the RM will pay up quickly or else!!

If and when it affects Southend United - I will give a damn. Tara? Just better PR than Ron. Both wanted same from our club!

Cresswell leaving is a bigger worry. We've had years of financial poo so another day in court is BAU. As a true pro why wouldn't he celebrate a win even if he is off? Hopefully PB can persuade him to stay with a view to a Jan move if we're not where we should be. Very impressed with the limited games I've seen.

Back