• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The bid was from Sheff United and has been rejected!

300k is nonsense- if they want him it's because the believe he is a Championshio player and you just need to look at typical transfer fees for Championship players. Look what Bentley went for as a GK and Payne as someone who had played a third of the games Lenny has.

I believe Ron will be rating him at at least £1.5m and any less will be rejected out of hand. Ron will never let him go on the cheap.

i know houses are cheap in Sheffield but I am afraid football players don't come at a fifth of the value .

300k is nonsense- if they want him it's because the believe he is a Championshio player and you just need to look at typical transfer fees for Championship players. Look what Bentley went for as a GK and Payne as someone who had played a third of the games Lenny has.

I believe Ron will be rating him at at least £1.5m and any less will be rejected out of hand. Ron will never let him go on the cheap.

i know houses are cheap in Sheffield but I am afraid football players don't come at a fifth of the value .

Bear in mind that was the views of Sheffield fans, not the club. It seems that they didn't pay out more than £250k for player last season however.

Payne went for £600k didnt he?

Dont agree with peoples evaluations of a million or more, Leonard is not worth that in my opinion. However should be worth around what Payne went for. Would be surprised at much more than 500k though.

To add to RHB's comments.......

It probably doesn't count for nothing, but he was listed last year on the transfer market as his value (on the 30th May 2016) for £128k.

Yes he had a decent season since then, & i'm sure his price has doubled since then, but taking that into account. £300K+ should be the starting block for negotiations.

It probably doesn't count for nothing, but he was listed last year on the transfer market as he's value (on the 30th May 2016) for £128k.

What list was this?

What was Payne listed as?

EDIT oh the transfermarket.co.uk site. Thats garbage, Bentley is listed at £425k.

It probably doesn't count for nothing, but he was listed last year on the transfer market as his value (on the 30th May 2016) for £128k.

Yes he had a decent season since then, & i'm sure his price has doubled since then, but taking that into account. £300K+ should be the starting block for negotiations.

Their figures are more inaccurate than the IOS version of FM17 :-):smile:

Last edited:
Jeesss...... Emphasis on my comment "it probably doesn't count for nothing"!!

So going back to my original post #75

what would you sell him for? and what do you think Uncle Ron would accept?

Chris Wilder has watched Lenny numerous times in the last 5 years with him having been in charge at clubs in our league during that time.
Billy Sharp is rumoured to be on £10k a week at Sheffield United. A 4 year contract on something like £8k a week would be a life changing amount of money for him.
I'd say a fee received of around £750k would be decent business and we should allow him to make the move.

Probably could have been safely removed from that statement :)

If we got more than 500k Id be happy.

£300k is an insult and we would be much much better taking the risk having him for a full season and letting him go for nowt next summer!

IMHO worth at least £1 million possibly £1.5 mill....Ron is no mug and won't let him go cheap.

smiley added to my reply, just havin a laugh, like :smile:

People saying we should get a million for him are living in dreamland, I'm afraid. Yes we got decent fees for Bentley and Payne but they're younger than Leonard and were done through tribunals. Leonard is 25 so he's probably at or close to his peak right now. No club's going to fork out a million for him with one year left on his contract. Apparently Sheffield United paid around 150k for James Hanson, they're not going to pay loads more than that for Leonard. I'd take 500k for him, we've had six good years out of him considering he was a free transfer.

£300k is an insult and we would be much much better taking the risk having him for a full season and letting him go for nowt next summer!

IMHO worth at least £1 million possibly £1.5 mill....Ron is no mug and won't let him go cheap.

Ouch... absolutely nowhere near that :stunned:

Back