• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know it's not fashionable to say it but I thought Hunt was excellent today, what a tackle in the first half to stop a certain goal. My MOM.

Leon Clarke didn't even get off the ground most of the time and hardly won a header. I dread to think what reaction that would have got had it been Matt Harrold. Clarke does seem to have the x factor though and had a hand in the winner after missing some great chances himself.

A win is a win, a special message for all those people that slipped off early ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, we didnt play too well but still won the game, always says a lot about a team in my opinion. Would deff back us for a play off spot.

Leon Clarke didn't even get off the ground most of the time and hardly won a header.
Indeed I mentioned this after Wednesday, he isnt a target man and half the time doesnt really try. Gets the odd flick on but not much else.

Its not one of his strengths and for a big guy is far happier when its on his chest or to his feet.

Ill let him off with shots like that one in the first half :)

In a way it might actually be a positive as with Harrold we revert to long ball too easily.

I just cant take those marks seriously after you gave P Clarke 7.5 ,mate. Does he not loose any marks for giving the ball away in some form or other 80 to 90 % of the time ?? He puts us under so much pressure time and again! Yes i agree he wins headers and makes blocks but his distribution is truly awful .

I just cant take those marks seriously after you gave P Clarke 7.5 ,mate. Does he not loose any marks for giving the ball away in some form or other 80 to 90 % of the time ?? He puts us under so much pressure time and again! Yes i agree he wins headers and makes blocks but his distribution is truly awful .

i would say that a lot of the time he was put under pressure by barrett and hunt in their short passes to him. at least he was trying to clear the lines and it's not a surprise that a lot of clearances didn't reach the target because control was so difficult. i though as a defender clarke was quality, and that's what i want from him first and foremost.. there was obviously a tactic to give the ball to him to clear and i thought most of the time his distribution wasn't bad, and a lot better than most on the pitch

I know it's not fashionable to say it but I thought Hunt was excellent today, what a tackle in the first half to stop a certain goal. My MOM.

I'm someone who has voiced my frustration with Lewis over the past season and a half; but on Saturday he played well. He did his job of defending without problem, got forward and usually passed the ball to a team-mate in space and in a good position, and he also covered well when moves broke down.

While not quite making him my MOM, I'd give him a solid 8 which is about 4 more than I'd usually rate him at. FWIW I'd have Bailey as an 8.5 MOM with Leon possibly pushing him hard.

Lets hope we see more of this Lewis as I think he's got the ability; he just needs to apply it consistently.

Back