• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

How do you know he's refused to play, and that it isn't the club opting not to risk injury ahead of a potential transfer?

There's a good Essex Charity Cup interview with Kevin Bond where he singles out two players whose attitude is above and beyond anyone else in the squad. Nathan Bishop and Charlie Kelman.

I have serious doubts that he downed tools.
Theres absolutely no way CK down tools ,people saying that just plain stupid .

No more chat about Charlie Kelman on this thread please. Further posts will be deleted as it is not relevant to transfer rumours.

So, back on topic - 24 hours (ish) to go until the transfer window closes. Any intel on potential arrivals? I reckon we will see at least one more come in, possibly replacing one or two kids who may go out on loan.

The transfer window may close but unattached players will still be available.
It might have been a close decision, financially and number constraints deciding it, not to sign Jack Bridge, and is it possible he may still be available?

With poor Lewis Gard being out for the season - massive thoughts of wellbeing to him for a recovery - does that release another space? I know this sounds mercenary...but it isn't posted that way. Would rather have a fully fit and playing Lewis.......but that's not going to happen.

With poor Lewis Gard being out for the season - massive thoughts of wellbeing to him for a recovery - does that release another space? I know this sounds mercenary...but it isn't posted that way. Would rather have a fully fit and playing Lewis.......but that's not going to happen.

I thought exactly the same.

I wouldn't read anything into it, Southend are reminiscing about a 2012 match and he's just one of the photos from that post.

View attachment 13051

I think that post by the club showed just how poor our squad is at the moment. That side didn’t even get promoted from this division but it was light years away from where we are now. What the hell has happened to our club?

A free agent can sign at anytime , loans I think can only be emergency goalkeepers providing certain criteria met

Just to make clear, a free agent can sign any time as long as he has been released y his club (and therefore a free agent) before the transfer window closes.

I believe if released after that they need to wait to the net window as their registration was carried over past a transfer window.

There are a hell of a lot of players this year who are free agents, but that’s fairly obvious i guess

Just to make clear, a free agent can sign any time as long as he has been released y his club (and therefore a free agent) before the transfer window closes.

I believe if released after that they need to wait to the net window as their registration was carried over past a transfer window.

There are a hell of a lot of players this year who are free agents, but that’s fairly obvious i guess

No my understanding is a free agent can sign anytime as they are not owned by a club.

Transfer window is by definition for transfers of players owned by a club from one to another

No my understanding is a free agent can sign anytime as they are not owned by a club.

Transfer window is by definition for transfers of players owned by a club from one to another

I think Westcliff is right on this. They have to be a free agent before the window closes at 5pm today.

That's why you often see clubs releasing players on deadline day. Not sure what the rules are today as this is an extended window, the official transfer window ended earlier this month.

Back