• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am not too bothered about going out of the LDV but the thing that dissappointed me was that the players who have been sitting on the bench and been talked about them putting in a performance to try to get their place in the team ie. Smith, JCR, Jupp, Prior turned in some of the sh*ttiest performances on the night Surely with our 'success' in this competition the players much have been up for it against a team with  no wins in 5 and looking at going out the league this year. Barnsley is now a major test of what we are made of

A matter of not trying, or a matter of lacking match practice?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ Oct. 19 2005,09:20)]A few observations from last night.

1.  Their ground -  very pleasant with no home support whatsoever.  I know it was an LDV game, but it's no wonder they're struggling in the lead with that support.  
Strange, their fans sounded really loud on BBC Essex in the 2nd half. I was amazed considering it was an LDV game and a small crowd.

Last night's game showed up what a good signing JCR will be.
To sign him for £1.40 in January will be a piece of good business, anything over £2.00 and we would have been conned.
smile.gif

Only Jupp of the non regulars did himself anything like justice last night, the rest will be bench warming Saturday and for the next few weeks.
We were very weak in midfield and Bentley should have been brought on at halftime IMHO, but perhaps Tilly wasn't worried about this competition this season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 19 2005,13:39)]2. Defeat to a poor Doncaster side should have been sufficient to give the players a kick up the backside (if necessary)
Doncaster are a decent side to be fair and deserved their win, they said they would meet us head-on with attacking play and they did that - their certainly not one of the poorer sides in L1.

Also despite putting out a (reasonably) strong side against Rushden you have to consider the fact that we were up against a side with absolutely nothing to lose (think back to QPR/Luton etc in 2003/4 for reference), for once we were very much the favourites for the tie and sometimes no matter what side you put out and no matter how good the intentions of the 11 on the pitch at the start you just can't recreate that level of passion and will to win when ultimately in the back of your mind you know it isn't anywhere near as important as a League game and having lost twice in the Final of this competition 2 years running maybe some of the novelty has worn off a little for what is pretty much the same squad. Rushden wanted it more on the night and fair play to them, I'm glad we were dumped out as with the start we've made to life in L1 it looks like this COULD be another very successful season if we concentrate all our efforts on L1.....

smile.gif

Back