• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

*sigh*

C'est la vie indeed. Top story, Naps.

smile.gif

There have been a few who have got away over the years, but my biggest regret has to be Caroline.

Like DtS's story, this one starts in a classroom on the first day, in my case law school up in York. I turned up on time first day to find that everyone else was that little bit keener than me and had already taken their seats in the lecture room. Looking for a space to sit down, I was drawn to a spare seat down the left handside. Penultimate row, right by the aisle so easy to slip into when I turned up hungover and late and rather handily next to two of the fittest three girls in the class. Taking my seat, I thought that would do nicely.

Of the two Sophie was arguably the prettiest, but as my housemate "Dagenham" Dave (although he was actually from Bishop's Stortford) later found out she was quite high maintainance. By a weird twist of fate, the following year when Dave moved down to London, Sophie moved in. But I digress. The one who caught my attention was definitely Caroline.

Caroline was a pretty redhead who kept herself in good shape, but it wasn't her hair or her legs or even her nice pert arse which caught my attention, it was the pair of breasts protruding out. I'm not normally a breast man, but then I'm not normally a redhead man either, but those breasts were something special. Her cleavage was the subject for many a late night conversation in the pub amongst my circle of male friends. In the end, and alas I never got the chance to check the theory properly, we concluded it just had to be wonderbra aided, but whilst a wonderbra can add a lot of cleavage and be misleading, she must still have a wonderful pair even when unaided. And whilst I've seen bigger, I have not seen better. They were somehow large and yet so firm and pert. As you might by now gathered, they made quite an impact on me.

But there was much more to Caroline than her breasts. She and I just hit it off, we had similar interests and shared a very similar sense of humour - so much so that we spent much of the year being berated in lectures for talking or laughing. It also meant that I had to spend vast amount of lecture time peering over at her notes to try and catch what it was I'd just missed, which meant that if I raised my head just slightly I'd end up with an eyeful of that cleavage. Oh happy days. Amazingly I managed to concentrate enough to not only pass (just) but also to learn to complete the cryptic crossword during lectures.

If it sounds too good to be true, that is because it was. She had a boyfriend. We've all been there before and it makes things tricky, but not impossible. But it was a long term relationship. And they'd just bought a house together. In Leeds. Where she drove in from every day from and which meant she couldn't go out for drinks in the evening. Bugger.

Occasionally she'd join us for class drinks but it was often with her boyfriend and she always had to get back to Leeds. I tried to persuade her to move to york the following year as commuting is rubbish, and she was sorely tempted but she just couldn't afford to as a student and she had to keep on paying the mortgage.

The last time I saw her was at the graduate ball, she looked stunning. But again she was there with her boyfriend. Despite that, she still seemed to spend more time with me than him. But I reluctantly gave up and went off to pursue other targets.

But the story doesn't end there, we still exchanged e-mails occasionally and then someone tried to organise a get together. She seemed very keen for me to turn up e-mailing me a couple of times to check I was going and I thought why not. But then it got re-organised and I couldn't make it - I can't remember the reason why, and although I was seeing someone at the time it better have been a bloody good reason as I split up with the girl I was seeing shortly afterwards only to then find out a month or two later from a mutal friend who had managed to go that Caroline had split up with that boyfriend and had been at that stage single. But just as my hopes of finally unhinging that bra had been raised, came the news that she had just started seeing someone else.
Its not going to be, but I must admit I did take a look on the fixture list to see when we play at Elland Rd....

A red-head with large bristols... careful, you'll get Stokes all excited...

biggrin.gif

I'm enjoying all these tales (and a spot of catharsis of my own), keep 'em coming!

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 14 2006,14:28)]A red-head with large bristols... careful, you'll get Stokes all excited...

biggrin.gif
Blimey, anyone would think you knew me too well over the wires...
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Sep. 14 2006,14:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 14 2006,14:28)]A red-head with large bristols... careful, you'll get Stokes all excited...

biggrin.gif
Blimey, anyone would think you knew me too well over the wires...  
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Let's just say I'm a keen student of DtS's previous girl-band polls...

laugh.gif

Blimey Napper, that was like a chapter from a Mills & Boon novel (not that I read any, just for the record)

'The one that got away' ... Hmm, only one I can think of.
Her name was Sarah I think, or Susan ... It began with an S anyway.

After one particularly drunken night out in Quills (remember it?) I distinctly remember chasing her for what seemed like miles along the seafront. It all started at the pier but ended abruptly somewhere near the Cliffs Pavilion because that's where she managed to lose me.
Damn she could run. She had a sprint on her like Linford Christie (and probably tackle to match knowing some of the bints that frequented that establishment back in those days)

Now I was pretty fit back then but, out of all the drunken trogs in there that night trust me to pick the one chick that could out pace a cheetah on speed
sad.gif

The moral of this story.....Go for the ones in a drunken coma, they can't run!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Sep. 14 2006,14:14)]I slipped into her bed, and she went to get a drink. I fell asleep.
Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

God, this is a painful thread to read.

1985, A city pool league cup final, a free drinks card for the players, a 16 year old Goldie Hawn look-a-like and 18 months of (almost, I'm happily married
biggrin.gif
) the best time of my life.

1987, a day trip to Alton Towers, shall we use your brand new but very small car or my clapped out Mk V Cortina ? (well I come from Essex !). One blown head gasket and an eight hour trip home at 30mph later and that was the end of it - in fairness that wasn't the only reason.

Unbelievably we've kept in touch since a chance meeting on a tube around 10 years ago and we've had some memorable nights out (and as I'm happily married that's all you're getting
laugh.gif
). She's still as gorgeous and wonderfully unpretentious as she was all those years ago.

You will all be pleased to know that, having viewed some of the gut-wrenching tales of woe on this thread, I am constructing an absolute behemoth....
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Sep. 14 2006,16:11)]You will all be pleased to know that, having viewed some of the gut-wrenching tales of woe on this thread, I am constructing an absolute behemoth....  
down.gif
Hoorah!

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Sep. 14 2006,16:39)]You know, I feel like we've all shared something magical here today.

*sniffles*

I love you guys.
This thread is much more Oprah (*) than Trisha.  It's great.

Matt

(*Although, thankfully, sans  strange diminutive actors leaping on sofas)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 14 2006,16:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Sep. 14 2006,16:39)]You know, I feel like we've all shared something magical here today.

*sniffles*

I love you guys.
This thread is much more Oprah (*) than Trisha.  It's great.

Matt

(*Although, thankfully, sans  strange diminutive actors leaping on sofas)
I'll be the long-lost relative, finally being accepted into the tearful family. Or something.

Oh, and sorry for getting your hopes up when you saw my name appear at the end of this thread - I'm going down the pub in 15 minutes and it won't be finished by then. I am, however, finding this very, very cathartic.
smile.gif

It's been like listening to an elongated edition of "Our Tune", I can hear Simon Bates and the meloncholy(sp) music now.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Sep. 14 2006,16:53)]Oh, and sorry for getting your hopes up when you saw my name appear at the end of this thread - I'm going down the pub in 15 minutes and it won't be finished by then. I am, however, finding this very, very cathartic.  
smile.gif
suspect.gif
Oo.gif
laugh.gif

Hopes were definitely raised then. What on earth am I going to do with all this piping hot Bovril now?!

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 14 2006,16:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Sep. 14 2006,16:53)]Oh, and sorry for getting your hopes up when you saw my name appear at the end of this thread - I'm going down the pub in 15 minutes and it won't be finished by then. I am, however, finding this very, very cathartic.  
smile.gif
suspect.gif

Oo.gif

laugh.gif

Hopes were definitely raised then.  What on earth am I going to do with all this piping hot Bovril now?!

Matt
Stick it in the microwave and reheat it in about six hours time when I log on again.
laugh.gif

Back