• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

    Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

    New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

    Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

    Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
4,333
Location
North London
I fear I may have missed the boat here, but I caught a bit of Bravo's 'The Real Football Factories' the other night.

What the f%&k was that all about?

It was like porn for morons.

Some little bloke in glasses, who I swear voiced Kent Paul in GTA - Vice City, wanders around dire northern pubs talking to a variety of 'Top Boys' who all seemed to be 40-50, fat and in various states of mental disrepair.

The content of the interviews stunned me into silence, which is a rare thing.

"It's all about honour," one of them burped, as if throwing stones at coaches full of women and children was just like throwing yourself on a grenade in the trenches.

"We all look after each other," he grunted as CCTV footage of two men amateurishly hitting each other while their friends scappered, played in the background.

My favourite moment was when Kent Paul, and that voice must be a put-on, visited Cardiff.

"These boys," he knees-up-mother-browned, "are the real daddys. What they get...is respect. Women, drugs, nightclubs; they don't pay for a thing."

And all this set to footage of a veriety of knuckle-dragging, burberry herbets wandering about sticking their tongues out at each other. Christ, what a celebration of human achievement.

What were Bravo hoping to achieve? The whole programme couldn't have glorified football hoolganism any more without dressing up Kent Paul in a burberry tracksuit and making him shout, "It's fun to fight" repeatedly down a megaphone.

Am I getting old?
 

J

The Chameleon
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
7,576
yes.. you are

and i think you'll find your wrong as well..
 

J

The Chameleon
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
7,576
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Sep. 20 2006,16:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 20 2006,16:01)]yes.. you are

and i think you'll find your wrong as well..
On which count?
you think burly blokes between 20-50 stone windows with families and children on?
 

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
4,333
Location
North London
There are numerous accounts of football hooligans surrounding the coahces of away fans and throwing stones at them, yes. I'm fairly certain that some blokes between the ages of 20-50 are in amongst the stone-throwers.

It can't be exclusively the province of little old ladies, surely?
 

J

The Chameleon
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
7,576
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Sep. 20 2006,16:08)]There are numerous accounts of football hooligans surrounding the coahces of away fans and throwing stones at them, yes. I'm fairly certain that some blokes between the ages of 20-50 are in amongst the stone-throwers.

It can't be exclusively the province of little old ladies, surely?
listen slipperpuke... you seem to know nothing about it, and to be honest your talking sh_it

these "Hooligans" would not do that..

what would they gain from it?
 

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Joined
Oct 27, 2003
Messages
19,929
Location
Lewisham, London
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 20 2006,16:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Sep. 20 2006,16:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 20 2006,16:01)]yes.. you are

and i think you'll find your wrong as well..
On which count?
you think burly blokes between 20-50 stone windows with families and children on?
They appear to in Hull, at the very least - there were numerous stories of the Trust coaches being attacked by Hull "fans" (presumably, just the sorts of people looked at in the programme last night).

The Trust coaches contained, so far as I know, plenty of women and kids.

So yes, I reckon the original post is correct.

Matt
 

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
4,333
Location
North London
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 20 2006,16:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Sep. 20 2006,16:08)]There are numerous accounts of football hooligans surrounding the coahces of away fans and throwing stones at them, yes. I'm fairly certain that some blokes between the ages of 20-50 are in amongst the stone-throwers.

It can't be exclusively the province of little old ladies, surely?
listen slipperpuke... you seem to know nothing about it, and to be honest your talking sh_it

these "Hooligans" would not do that..

what would they gain from it?
Slipperpuke? I like that!

There's no need to get riled, anyway. I'm not having a go at you, I'm just genuinely intrigued at something that went totally over my head.

So these 'Top Boys', let's say that they don't throw stones. What do they do within the realms of football hoolganism that can be termed as 'honourable'?
 

J

The Chameleon
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
7,576
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Sep. 20 2006,16:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 20 2006,16:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Sep. 20 2006,16:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 20 2006,16:01)]yes.. you are

and i think you'll find your wrong as well..
On which count?
you think burly blokes between 20-50 stone windows with families and children on?
They appear to in Hull, at the very least - there were numerous stories of the Trust coaches being attacked by Hull "fans" (presumably, just the sorts of people looked at in the programme last night).

The Trust coaches contained, so far as I know, plenty of women and kids.

So yes, I reckon the original post is correct.

Matt
ok, well here's my guess..

some little northern chavs without teeth, probably thought they should "Brick" the coaches.. as it is the done thing, you wouldn't have many "top" lads, do that.. wake up ffs
 

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
4,333
Location
North London
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Sep. 20 2006,16:10)]SD, I thought you would be well versed in the former legend now nobend that is Danny Dyer ? ? ?
That's him!

I've just remembered another bit! He's sat in this pub surrounded by Stoke fans and it's looking like that bit in Lord of the Rings when Sauron gathers his orc army. Anyway, one Stoke orc shouts out something about the film The Football Factory.

Dyer looks uncomfortable and they play a clip of the film where him and that bloke from LockStock attack a Stoke fan in a carpark.

They cut back to the pub and Dyer, without a hint of shame says, "Allwite, allwite, so I done two of your boys in a carpark. Fact is, dere's abaht 800 of you nah, so ah'm on best baviour."

Eh? That was a film, Danny! It wasn't real! Genius.
 

J

The Chameleon
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
7,576
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Sep. 20 2006,16:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Sep. 20 2006,16:10)]SD, I thought you would be well versed in the former legend now nobend that is Danny Dyer ? ? ?
That's him!

I've just remembered another bit! He's sat in this pub surrounded by Stoke fans and it's looking like that bit in Lord of the Rings when Sauron gathers his orc army. Anyway, one Stoke orc shouts out something about the film The Football Factory.

Dyer looks uncomfortable and they play a clip of the film where him and that bloke from LockStock attack a Stoke fan in a carpark.

They cut back to the pub and Dyer, without a hint of shame says, "Allwite, allwite, so I done two of your boys in a carpark. Fact is, dere's abaht 800 of you nah, so ah'm on best baviour."

Eh? That was a film, Danny! It wasn't real! Genius.
oh for god's sake (mine)
just shut up you moaning whinging..................................................................................
......................






























































cretin
 

DTS

The Business
Joined
Oct 25, 2003
Messages
16,173
Location
In a world of my own.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Sep. 20 2006,16:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Sep. 20 2006,16:10)]SD, I thought you would be well versed in the former legend now nobend that is Danny Dyer ? ? ?
That's him!

I've just remembered another bit! He's sat in this pub surrounded by Stoke fans and it's looking like that bit in Lord of the Rings when Sauron gathers his orc army. Anyway, one Stoke orc shouts out something about the film The Football Factory.

Dyer looks uncomfortable and they play a clip of the film where him and that bloke from LockStock attack a Stoke fan in a carpark.

They cut back to the pub and Dyer, without a hint of shame says, "Allwite, allwite, so I done two of your boys in a carpark. Fact is, dere's abaht 800 of you nah, so ah'm on best baviour."

Eh? That was a film, Danny! It wasn't real! Genius.
Not sure if you have seen the one with the Burnley fans but they are comical.

Some grotty Northern tramp goes....."I am a ooligan, my Dad was a ooilgan and my son wants to be a ooligan."

I wet myself...Danny Dyer does his best (Mo)cockney accent and goes "Coor Blimey its a bit tasty round her and I am proper scared"......w%&ker
upside.gif
 

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
4,333
Location
North London
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 20 2006,16:36)]just shut up you moaning whinging..................................................................................

......................








cretin
You know, you're not the only one who can fish.....

wink.gif



I love you really, CSJ. This place wouldn't be half as much fun without you.
 

Mrs P

First XI
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
362
Surely even people who support a bit of 'hooliganism' must see that Danny Dyer walking around saying 'this is their manor and its proper norty' is a pityful attempt at tv!!
 

J

The Chameleon
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
7,576
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Sep. 20 2006,16:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Sep. 20 2006,16:36)]just shut up you moaning whinging..................................................................................


......................








cretin
You know, you're not the only one who can fish.....

wink.gif



I love you really, CSJ. This place wouldn't be half as much fun without you.
shut up slipperpuke..

i still cannot see how i have managed for over 2 years.. without a yellow card.. odd
 
Top