• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If I was the 5 or 6 people who had the game ruined by the idiots in Block 40 I think Id be within my rights to "moan".

Do you know what seats they were in, as if they were season ticket holders, I am sure that what seat they got would be on SUFC's database.

Was it upper tier or lower? If it was upper then I have a feeling that it maybe someone that seats in the East Greens and is a mouthy **** who I have heard spouting racist things at our own players before.

He was also having a go at a steward after the game near the exit, and I felt really sorry for the steward who was backing away looking really scared.

I know that Dave Goody (at least I think it was Dave!) went and spoke to the steward afterwards to apologise.

Craig you should have stormed in and silenced the thugs fella!

Last edited:
some people might say that, and yes i understand your problem but this seems to be what spurs fans are like especially in that corner, if you went to the carling cup game it was the same and 4 people were ejected from spurs end and 2 from our own. the place itself is intimmidating wimply stiking up for yourself and your club i feel is needed in situations such as that. as for violence itself this is totally unecceptable for a football game and glad to hear no reported incidents

face it everything that happend is what football is about, doesnt atmosphers like saturday just give you an extra buzz?

lets hope stokes the same, and in between them we sign a vinnie jones to help all the moaners in our end. someone who knows what footballs about up the blues!!

lets hope stokes the same, and in between them we sign a vinnie jones to help all the moaners in our end. someone who knows what footballs about up the blues!!

As a 'Hockleyite' normaly you would be one of 'them' from up the Ashingdon Hill!
but you talk a lot of sence for an Ashingdon lad and I would like to subscribe to your news letter! :cool:

sometimes things need to be said, not from the hill a bit further on. must be a hockley spa pub local? bring on stoke saturday!

i wasn't there on saturday but i can understand where the original poster is coming from... banter is banter and we will all agree that football isn't the place to go if easy offended, but IMO i believe there is a line between (funny, witty) banter and then moronic abuse which ****es off those fans unlucky enough to be nearby.

I like a good sing and chant like everyone else but i dont like going to a game with my mum or girlfriend to have people pushing around, constantly shouting abuse and showing little or no respect for the fellow fans around them. the best moments ive ever had as a fan are when we are all united as one, signing our hearts out for the lads and seeing them respond instantaneously, and the worst are when you cant see anything of the game because of some idiots in front requiring half the home teams stewards and old bill to come and drag them out... i just think that one or two fans could try and show some respect to their fellow fans, and help build up a fantastic, united away support which will encourage, not put off youngsters and parents in coming along

Even though I had a fun day out at Spurs (the build up to the game really, ie the train journey, in the pub, banter rather than the game itself) I'd take Ninian Park away anyday over the sterilised atmosphere from White Hart Lane.

there is a line between (funny, witty) banter and then moronic abuse

This sums up my point. Don't get me wrong, I've been to many places where the home fans are hostile (Millwall, Leicester, Ipswich last time we in this division, Southampton in the FA Cup). The line that was crossed on Saturday by our supporters was agressive behaviour towards our own eldery supporters and abuse that was not witty but offensive not only to kids but most of the adults around me.

Incidentally, I was in the upper tier at the front of block 39 right next to block 40.

I'm all for banter/**** taking and the tension of away matches, but there is a line.

quick pass the smelling salts, I am having an attack of the vapours, please spare me the we apologised to there stewards, its football, and sadly its becoming rarer and rarer to find a hostile experience following southend, think leicester, derby, coventry, awful stadiums, no excitement about them whatsoever, and if the new stadium gets built then I have no doubt it will be like them as well. Come to eastern europe to see england play, and then you might experience some frisson of excitement

This sums up my point. Don't get me wrong, I've been to many places where the home fans are hostile (Millwall, Leicester, Ipswich last time we in this division, Southampton in the FA Cup). The line that was crossed on Saturday by our supporters was agressive behaviour towards our own eldery supporters and abuse that was not witty but offensive not only to kids but most of the adults around me.

Incidentally, I was in the upper tier at the front of block 39 right next to block 40.

I'm all for banter/**** taking and the tension of away matches, but there is a line.

Don't give up Stodge, I am a reasonably regular away supporter with my seven year old son. He knows that what he hears in the ground stays in the ground, Saturday was a bad day all round and you can understand why fans of other London clubs hate Tottenham so much. I always try to sit at the front for away games but clearly you could not choose on Saturday.

You won't find much sympathy on this site, most people seem obsessed with standing up at matches, thus blocking the view of my son who has to stand on his seat to see.

You will see on other threads that I had a less than happy time on Saturday.

And just becasue I take my son I do not expect a happy clappy,swear free zone but just a bit of respect as we are all on the same side.

I wouldn't even entertain the idea of taking any of my kids until they were in their teens, it's just not worth the hassle. Mind you that gives me a few years to save up for the extortionate prices

:hilarious:

Don't give up Stodge, I am a reasonably regular away supporter with my seven year old son. He knows that what he hears in the ground stays in the ground, Saturday was a bad day all round and you can understand why fans of other London clubs hate Tottenham so much. I always try to sit at the front for away games but clearly you could not choose on Saturday.

You won't find much sympathy on this site, most people seem obsessed with standing up at matches, thus blocking the view of my son who has to stand on his seat to see.

You will see on other threads that I had a less than happy time on Saturday.

And just becasue I take my son I do not expect a happy clappy,swear free zone but just a bit of respect as we are all on the same side.

quick pass the smelling salts, I am having an attack of the vapours, please spare me the we apologised to there stewards, its football, and sadly its becoming rarer and rarer to find a hostile experience following southend, think leicester, derby, coventry, awful stadiums, no excitement about them whatsoever, and if the new stadium gets built then I have no doubt it will be like them as well. Come to eastern europe to see england play, and then you might experience some frisson of excitement

KN*B

I thought it was the football that was supposed to be exciting. Why don't you **** off to Poland then.

Back