• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time for changes! Tilson and Brush out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll come good this season yet. Tilson was loyal to us and he desrves our support a good while longer - change now and the law of averages (Spurs, West ham, countless other clubs) shows we are likely to be worse off.
Stability is key, midfield is Championship class, weak in the air at the back and pretty impotent up front (funny our Eric sub compared to their Bruno like Baz on Saturday that really was men against boys), subs need working on agreed, but we are entertaining and results will improve sure as hell.

He wasn't loyal at all, Norwich had a lucky escape and chose someone else. If Wignall had made some of the blatant mistakes that Tilson has then he would be out, the players he has bought in are far worse than the ones released and along with late subs and favourites that are out of form shows his incompetance as a manager!

'The first 80 minutes were poor and Southend the better team'
a quote taken from the Brighton match report.
We'll come good and the doubters will look naive - we really aren't far away from a long winning run (10 mins from 3 straights on Saturday) when one player and a bit of tactical astuteness that I do agree we currently lack changed it.
If you want to wait another 15 years for success keep on hounding him.... you'll only punish yourselves/ ourselves and the fans won't come back for a decade - be careful what you wish for

'The first 80 minutes were poor and Southend the better team'
a quote taken from the Brighton match report.
We'll come good and the doubters will look naive - we really aren't far away from a long winning run (10 mins from 3 straights on Saturday) when one player and a bit of tactical astuteness that I do agree we currently lack changed it.
If you want to wait another 15 years for success keep on hounding him.... you'll only punish yourselves/ ourselves and the fans won't come back for a decade - be careful what you wish for
Agree with most of this. There are problems,we all no them,they will have to be addresed sooner rather than later. But a lot of Brighton fans said we were won of the best sides they had seen at there place in o long time. The class is there in the side, tighten up at the back,our mid field will start to supply the ammo for the forwards i believe the goals will come

Christ, wiggy. Are you going on about Wayne Gray again?!

No Beefy, she's talking about Bart.:hilarious:

To all the Tilson out brigade, if he goes, sacks, jumps, whatever, when we get a new manager in, and 6 months down the road he's another Wignall, Bate, Martin, Morris, fill in the blanks, what happens?

He goes, and we get sucked into another revolving door policy of managers we had from the departure of Dave Smith in the 80's. We had a brief period of stability under Webb 2nd time, and bugger all after until Tilson took the reigns.

Those who wish him out will reap what they sow. Sorry if that's a touch Biblical for a Tuesday morning.

How about a quick summary because everyone is saying basically the same thing:

1. Tilson has brought the best of times to the club;
2. He has shown loyalty and deserves reciprocity;
3. Performances have been satisfactory;
4. Results have been unsatisfactory;
5. Tilson has brought in / kept the players he wanted and released / sold those he did not. Clearly Fred is an exception to this rule.
6. Tilson is responsible for the tactics, and the results.
7. Tilson is clearly under pressure but should be given the opportunity to resolve the issues contributing to poor results.
8. Finish.

And can anyone reccomend a replacement, someone who would care as much as tilly, what a ridiculous notion, sack our most successful manager ever, four games into the season this sort of comment is actually laughable, TTK thanks for the chuckle

What is all this pre-occupation with the timings of subs? Steve Tilson has clearly learned a lot from his mentor David Webb. I don't recall to much moaning that Webby left hsi subs too late, and don't forget, he actually hardly made a substitution. The 11 he picked, which he believed were good enough to win the game, he stuck with (injuries permitting). I, for one, have absolutely no problem with this theory.

We are playing some very good football, there are obviosly things that need correcting, commitment by some players especially when we are winning, and use of subs and i myself cant understand why tilly at times doesent use his subs till the last minute.

but overall he has proven he is a good manager, if we lose him there is nothing stopping us from being a lacklustre league 2 team again. we play good technical football under tilly, take that away and we would be in even more trouble.

I think tilly had a difficult time on the transfer market especially looking for strikers and has done what he can, bailey is showing promise. maybe also the chairman wanted to keep costs down on transfers and wages what with all the investment going into the new stadium.

yes we got relegated last season but our cup run showed that we could compete with the best of them if we really put in the commitment, a lot of lower league teams no matter how hard they tried just wouldnt be able to compete at such a high level.

Its good that people are criticising Tilly as on the surface he seems to be making some bad decisions lately, but i think calling for him to resign is too far.

For me, i dont mind if we consolidate in League 1 this season, as long as we go forward with our new Stadium then next season or the one after we can enjoy the higher revenue that could bring giving tilly more purchasing power and we can then look at the expectation of being a championship team, but at the moment with all the investment going into the stadium.

pressure off Tilly, I dont think we should expect promotion this season, we dont have a strike force like we did last time we got promoted for one.

Lets get out there get behind the team and win as many football matches as we can.

IMO there is a lot to look forward too, as long as we dont get relegated this season i am behind tilly 100%

Not been on since last week, and having read through all these threads since then and including Saturday's game i'm even more keen for for Tilson and Brush to depart.

I dont care what anyone says, we're heading down to league two. Tilson and Brush have taken us as far as they can. We need fresh ideas and fast, before it's too late.

Yes Tilson has done well in past years etc, etc, etc. But now's the time for him to go. Why wait till Christmas??? Might be too late by then!

I see nothing changes with his subs again saturday. Late being the operative word. Why is Tilson so scared about changing things around??

Where's the money gone can be another good question also. I'm sick of all Tilson's excuses in post match interviews, least Geraint Williams can hold his hands up and admit he makes mistakes from time to time.

As for the Maher stick from the terraces, can't he take it? It winds me up that even when he's poor, he still stays on the pitch and is never subbed off!

Yes Steve Tilson your a legend, but your time is up.

Tilson and Brush out!

God give me strength, not again.
There seems to be a lot of peeps on here with short or selective memories. I (and I'm sure thousands of others) do not wish to return to the days of swapping and changing the manager. It may bring a short term lift but it will be short lived. Tilly has a lot to learn, granted. But I really do hope that he learns with us, mistakes, warts and all.
We will come good again, lets see what happens against the Gills on Saturday - I smell a trouncing on the cards by the mighty Shrimpers!
COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!

God give me strength, not again.
There seems to be a lot of peeps on here with short or selective memories. I (and I'm sure thousands of others) do not wish to return to the days of swapping and changing the manager. It may bring a short term lift but it will be short lived. Tilly has a lot to learn, granted. But I really do hope that he learns with us, mistakes, warts and all.
We will come good again, lets see what happens against the Gills on Saturday - I smell a trouncing on the cards by the mighty Shrimpers!
COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!

What he said, right there.

We struggled in the Championship.
It was always going to be difficult and we didn't do enough.

We've had a mixed start so far.
But no worse than in our previous two promotion seasons.

So now, the difficult question...
Do we stick with a manager who has proved his ability to take us out of this division (in the right direction, smartass!), a manager so tactically naive that he outwitted Sir Alex Baconface and his multi-million pound squad that night with a fraction of his resources, and a manager who saved us from relegation from the League and took us to three finals at the Millenium Stadium in his first 2 years, or do we sack him no more than 4 games into the season because the team aren't firing on all cylinders?

Seriously, I understand the frustration, but I cannot understand the over-reactions. Thank God that some of you are not in charge of this football club!

Look at how Tottenham adore Martin Jol at the moment???

I know some Spurs fans that can't wait to see the back of him!

I dont think it's ridiculous to change our management now, why wait??
Once again, you obviously didn't read the first line of Mr Wooly's post so hopefully you'll see it this time....

As ever with these type of posts, there's no mention of possible replacements...

And please, don't make me laugh with the ridiculous suggestion of Martin Allen or Neil Warnock.

Really? I struggle to believe that. I work with loads of Spurs fans (unfortunately) and they are all still 100% behind Jol.

In fact, most sensible football fans tend to take the long term rather than the short term view. Try it TTK, you might like it.

I agree that it is too early to start calling for Tilson head. But we shouldnt look back at how successfull Tilson has been, he should be judged on what the team is producing now.

Football is a results driven business and right now we are not winning games, so its down to Tilson to sort this out, but if we are in the same position come chirstmas I wont be so sympathic to Tilson cause.

I dont think it's ridiculous to change our management now, why wait??

d010.gif

**Gets deckchair out and waits for Slipper to respond to idiotic suggestion that Spurs fans should be our role models**

TTK Out!

Dodgy start to the league season indeed, but hardly worth sacking the manager, thats absolutely absurd.

We have played 6 games, won 3 and lost 3, hardly the end of the world.

Hand on heart, I didn't read past about line four because of this statement

I dont care what anyone says,

You don't care what I think and I don't really care to even argue the point. This isn't October and this isn't time to be changing management.

Once again, you obviously didn't read the first line of Mr Wooly's post so hopefully you'll see it this time....

As ever with these type of posts, there's no mention of possible replacements...

And please, don't make me laugh with the ridiculous suggestion of Martin Allen or Neil Warnock.

Out of interest why would the suggestion of Martin Allen coming to SUFC be so ridiculous?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back