• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time for changes! Tilson and Brush out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest why would the suggestion of Martin Allen coming to SUFC be so ridiculous?????

I expect any managerial reign at Southend would be similarly as brief as his Southend playing career. He's had 4 jobs in the last 3 years. He might do a good short-term job, but as soon as a better offer came in, or things started to look dodgy he'd be off. He's hardly the man to give us the long term stability we require.

Add in the fact that his teams don't play decent football I don't think he's a good fit for us, even if he wanted the job.

Out of interest why would the suggestion of Martin Allen coming to SUFC be so ridiculous?????

Because in his managerial career he hasn't actually achieved anything apart from shouting a lot? Our current manager has won 2 promotions, 2 cup finals, beaten Man Utd, I'd much rather him...

I dont care what anyone says

Then why put your view up on a messageboard? If you're not prepared to discuss or debate the merits of your posting, or won't acknowledge other people's views on a forum set up for the purpose of debate and discussion, your time will be better served elsewhere.

In my humble opinion the Talksport-era of pub-bore supporters has a lot to answer for.

He wasn't loyal at all, Norwich had a lucky escape and chose someone else. If Wignall had made some of the blatant mistakes that Tilson has then he would be out, the players he has bought in are far worse than the ones released and along with late subs and favourites that are out of form shows his incompetance as a manager!

Tilly isn't loyal at all? That's nonsense. How many other lower division managers would save a club from relegation, get promoted twice yet remain loyal and stay with their club? Any other manager would've cleared off at the first available opportunity, probably after the first promotion. We have a loyal manager, be grateful for him and show some loyalty towards him!

Because in his managerial career he hasn't actually achieved anything apart from shouting a lot? Our current manager has won 2 promotions, 2 cup finals, beaten Man Utd, I'd much rather him...

I agree I would rather have Tilson however if Tilson were to go (say for arguments sake) tomorrow then Martin Allen would be a contender as a replacement.
I therefore can not see why he would be a "ridicullous" replacement.
The suggestions of Warnock however is, as we would have no hope in attacting him.

Tilly isn't loyal at all? That's nonsense. How many other lower division managers would save a club from relegation, get promoted twice yet remain loyal and stay with their club? Any other manager would've cleared off at the first available opportunity, probably after the first promotion. We have a loyal manager, be grateful for him and show some loyalty towards him!

To be fair, and whilst I don't agree with anything Wiggy says, I don't think he had the opportunity to go anywhere else as no one came in for him.

When Norwich made an enquiry, I think it is foolish to suggest that Tilly wouldnt have been interested - even more foolish to suggest he may not have walked if Ron had given him the chance to speak to them.

I have no desire to see our management team replaced, and I do hold some of the drivel written on here completely with contempt, but I do believe that the loyalty point has a certain amount of validity.

Nobody knows the full story, apart from Tilly, RM and perhaps Brush, but I think you are being naive to suggest he definitely would not have gone to Norwich is he had been given the chance.

To be fair, and whilst I don't agree with anything Wiggy says, I don't think he had the opportunity to go anywhere else as no one came in for him.

When Norwich made an enquiry, I think it is foolish to suggest that Tilly wouldnt have been interested - even more foolish to suggest he may not have walked if Ron had given him the chance to speak to them.

I have no desire to see our management team replaced, and I do hold some of the drivel written on here completely with contempt, but I do believe that the loyalty point has a certain amount of validity.

Nobody knows the full story, apart from Tilly, RM and perhaps Brush, but I think you are being naive to suggest he definitely would not have gone to Norwich is he had been given the chance.

In lower division thesedays a manager tends to move elsewhere once he achieves a promotion, if Tilson wanted to I'm sure he could've got his agent to put his name into contention for jobs in 2005, let alone 2006. He could've easily got a job with a bigger club, as managers such as Brian Laws, Phil Parkinson, Gary Johnson etc did with lesser achievements than Tilly's.

With regard to the Norwich scenario, I don't think any of us know for certain what happened or what Tilly's feelings were. Even if he wanted to go, his loyalty would've been greater than most other managers as very few would stick around for two lower division promotions with a small club. Also, is there any other manager of a small club who wouldn't jump at the opportunity of managing a big club? If Tilly was guilty of this, there isn't another manager in the country who would'nt have been guilty of thinking the same had they been in the same position.

I am one of those people that want the management to stay. It doesn't mean that I am blinded by loyalty and do realise the mistakes they make, with regards to players, substiutions etc.

But, I think we need stability and believe Tilly is always learning. Can anyone suggest a replacement? IMHO if we were to get in a replacement, the club would go seriously downhill. What people seem to be forgetting is that we are small club. We will either attract someone who has no managerial experience because they are a recently retired player (eg Alvin Martin etc) or someone who is not worthy for that position.

I don't think we will go down this season, simply by default. I believe there are several teams who are worse than us. I am also excited by our new signings such as Bailey, McDonald, Black et al.

Far too early to even contemplate new management. Tilly and Brush are going to want to see this through and rightly so.

What i want to know is were you at the Watford Game!!!!, we actually looked a very well rounded side that night especially in the second half, we have a strong squad, the midfield possiblities we have make it very exciting, sort out our naive defending, ie richards and francis in and one of the loan strikers up front and there you go.

We have only played 4 games for christ sake, at least T & B instill the basics in to the team, play football, to feet etc...., not like the rest of League One Hoof and hope. Lets lay off the manager and F*****g support him, really getting on my T**S now all this negative response!!!!!!!!

Looking at Alex ferguson he was one game away from being sacked early on at MAN U, plus he also has had a couple of seasons where nothing has been won, clubs are all too quick to sack managers now days, do that and you really will be looking at league 2 football my friend!!!!!

Apologies everyone for the rant

Boring boring TTK-How many more times do you have to start these stupid threads.
Yes you are entitled to your opinion but it is one thankfully not shared by most Southend fans and if you keep airing it on here you will get a lot of abuse.

Oh and once again you don't say who should take over? Please don't say Warnock or Martin Allen as there is no way Ron Martin is going to give them the job.

again last night created at least 15 chances, at least we are creating goalscoring opportunites, harder to fix that than to fix defending issues, we have the best midfield in this league and now what with clark joining us for 6 months we will see things turn around, Gills will be thumped 3-0 on Sat mark my words, i say again 3-0

again last night created at least 15 chances, at least we are creating goalscoring opportunites, harder to fix that than to fix defending issues, we have the best midfield in this league and now what with clark joining us for 6 months we will see things turn around, Gills will be thumped 3-0 on Sat mark my words, i say again 3-0

Nice going limpshrimp.Found this now i've returned off my hols today.
TTK -"Tilson Out" thread yet again.What a w*****!

Great to hear the Blues are kicking some *** at last and will continue our climb up the table.I've been happy to keep faith with Tilly and Brush because the squad that has now emerged looks to me very strong.
Bring 'em on!

Here here! Then onto Doncaster who hopefully we'll thump too! (Im coming over for that game, but haven't seen southend win at home since october 2006...if they dont win this one i'll stay clear for the rest of the season as im beginning to think my presence in the crowd is bad luck :( )

I do hope you had some money on that?

My mate had a bet on 4-0 . He turned a funny colour when first Maher and then Gower hit the woodwork . Couldn't even persuade Roycie to help out in the dying stages. Oh well he would only have won £ 150 or so .

i steer away from betting at southend matches. I have never ever won one, and i've placed a good few bets. they usually end in us losing.

but my cousin did have us beating man u 1 nil and he got a tidy sum for it.

Wonder if we will see TTK on this board this week. I think not somehow not until we lose again no doubt.

I think we should keep this thread on the front page, and see how long it takes TTK to post.

My betting is until we next lose!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back