• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No, someone's dyslexic, they meant Timlin!!!

Conversation overheard at the Emirates yesterday (I know there's no real connection, but the guy was there with friends who are Arsenal supporters) seems to add fuel to the fire of the Freddy rumours.

What does that mean exaclty.

Originally Posted by OldBlueLady
No, someone's dyslexic, they meant Timlin!!!

Conversation overheard at the Emirates yesterday (I know there's no real connection, but the guy was there with friends who are Arsenal supporters) seems to add fuel to the fire of the Freddy rumours.

What does that mean exaclty.

I think wot is trying to be said is Messers Eastwood, Van Persi and Terry Henry are the new strike force for Arsenal !! :stunned:

Rumours near to me that Akinfenwa will be shown the door at Northampton.
He's one big bloke, but haven't we been interested before?

Rumours near to me that Akinfenwa will be shown the door at Northampton.
He's one big bloke, but haven't we been interested before?

If the roots hall burgers werent a big enough draw for him last time then i doubt they will be this time around, as they have gone down hill faster than a bristolian at a cheese rolling festival.

I would love to have Akinfenwa, the guy is a footballing mystery. How a guy so large can score so well and play so well is amazing. I think Sturrock was interested in him when he first came here and there was always talk of Tilson trying to get him. Don't think he wanted to play down South though did he?

I would love to have Akinfenwa, the guy is a footballing mystery. How a guy so large can score so well and play so well is amazing. I think Sturrock was interested in him when he first came here and there was always talk of Tilson trying to get him. Don't think he wanted to play down South though did he?

He played for Gillingham, IIRC Northampton matched his wage (and food) demands when he left Gills.

Not sure I'd want Akinfenwa, yeah the guys pretty good but he is so out of shape it's beyond a joke. Never seen such a large professional footballer, at some point thats going to surely affect his fitness as he's getting older.

Agreed, be a bit disappointed to see Akinfenwa come in. Useful player but not what I'd see as our priority, much rather a good wide player.

Don't think he wanted to play down South though did he?

FK Atlantas Barry Town Boston United Leyton Orient Rushden & Diamonds Doncaster Rovers Torquay United Swansea City Millwall Northampton Town Gillingham Northampton Town

yeah i heard that too :thump:

FK Atlantas Barry Town Boston United Leyton Orient Rushden & Diamonds Doncaster Rovers Torquay United Swansea City Millwall Northampton Town Gillingham Northampton Town

yeah i heard that too :thump:

Sorry I think I must of been mistaken or thinking of someone else.

Could do with a player up top thats decent in the air! Akinfenwa wouldn't be top of my list.

Bloody Hell! When I saw Scott Vernon's name first there, at quick glance I thought you meant him!

Back