• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

refering to Ailsa Road Shrimper vbmenu_register("postmenu_368457", true); 's comments on Matt harrold

I agree.

There is an awful lot of negativeity about him on here, yet I fail to see why.

People describe him a a last minute panick buy - we were interested in him for months!

Someone even said he was lower league journeyman - he's 22 for crying ou loud!

He was only intended to be one of our back up strikers behind the likes of paynter, freddy and rickkets.

I think he is still very much develping as a player. He's got some neat touches and has the hieght which si allways a bonus. Ok, he doesn't have the speed, but thats not his game, he a young targt man with good control and even tough he is a bit older was always 'one for the future'.

Yes he isn't a number two striker, but I'm happy to see him as a back up on the bench.

Who's to say we won't get some loanee's before that window closes? Quite happy we haven't signed a few "journeymen" to fill gaps rather than players who want to play for us and keep us in this league.

Besides, those we've loaned out can be recalled can't they?
Have faith RC, have faith. Look at what we've achieved in the last two years. I seem to remember we spent our time worrying about similar issues last year but we still got promoted as champions and I have total belief in us remaining in the Championship at the end of this season.

The issue with the centre of midfield is that we would be looking for someone who wasn't going to play.
They are not going to budge Maher and Macca so how can you attract a player who is out of favour at another team by saying `come and play for our reserves instead' and the odd game when they might get suspended?

If either of them picks up an injury where it looks like they'll be out for a while I'm sure a loan deal will be forthcoming, and far from being a panic buy, Tilly will have some names already in his head that he can go to - it's just that if the need is more desperate we might have to pay out more money (Prem wages) to get the guy here.

We don't pay the sort of wages that allow us to have a player who is happy to sit on the bench and pick up his pay cheque every week (Neil Danns for example, who is on more a week for Birmingham's reserves than the top earner in our first team).

As always..
JCR ****e no final product, fancy pants garbage , waste of time.. despite being outr only outlet for the defance for the first half on the season.. All of a sudden he is a great player.. I was happy to pay to get in jus to watch him on the ball even at the grimest times of this season..
Clarke.. donkey rubbish get off .. even boos.. I watched him struggle in midfield, listening to the crowd groan when he ****ed up , but he still was ****ed off to get subbed.. Top attitude and as has been proven top player..
who shall we slag off next? I know Tilson.. get 5 midfielders in now!! Immediatly.. spend lots of money , any old **** will do!!! Normally followed by the slating of Harold and Paynter as panic buys..
Much like Clarke, I still think Harold and Paynter can do jobs for this club.. Maybe even this season.. I really hope the players at Southend dont read this board..

As always..
JCR ****e no final product, fancy pants garbage , waste of time.. despite being outr only outlet for the defance for the first half on the season.. All of a sudden he is a great player.. I was happy to pay to get in jus to watch him on the ball even at the grimest times of this season..
Clarke.. donkey rubbish get off .. even boos.. I watched him struggle in midfield, listening to the crowd groan when he ****ed up , but he still was ****ed off to get subbed.. Top attitude and as has been proven top player..
who shall we slag off next? I know Tilson.. get 5 midfielders in now!! Immediatly.. spend lots of money , any old **** will do!!! Normally followed by the slating of Harold and Paynter as panic buys..
Much like Clarke, I still think Harold and Paynter can do jobs for this club.. Maybe even this season.. I really hope the players at Southend dont read this board..

Good post.

Harrold has already done a job for us this season. Against both West Brom (A) and Norwich (H) he's come off the bench to change a game in our favour. Those were 2 games we weren't going to get anything out of, until his introduction.

Seeing as everyone is so concerned about the lack of options on the bench, here we have someone who has proved themselves as a very useful weapon to introduce from the bench. I think £30,000 or whatever it was for a sub who can come off the bench and turn a game is a bargain. Good signing IMHO.

Another way of looking at it could be £15k a point. I didn't see his impact at West Brom other than the goal but he certainly seemed to tip the Norwich game our way. Given that, IMO, they could get dragged down in to the relegation fight, that point could prove to be massive.

just read report from training ground - Macca limping -

NO COVER in midfield - back to Hunt ot Francis - ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGH

just read report from training ground - Macca limping -

NO COVER in midfield - back to Hunt ot Francis - ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGH

Or Moussa, who according to Tilly, has been fantastic in training and is a great prospect. He would have no problem in throwing him in if necessary.

Back