• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron in blaming Tilly and the players shocker.

Am I alone in finding that comment very disrespectful?

This is one of the points which annoys me most about Ron. He's so arrogant he really believes he has no blame at all. What a ****

I see on the back page of todays Echo Ron Martin is blaming the players for relegation last season he states 'The players should have done better despite being paid late on several occasions''There has been much speculation regarding the lack of payment to players and the impact on their performance', 'Players were paid late but they were all paid in full', 'With this in mind the reasonable expectation would be for the football management and professional sportsman to continue their desire to want to win'

I would have thought that selling the best players and not re-investing in the squad had a lot to do with it. All the big transfer monies seemed to go elsewhere.
Replacements were free transfers or nominal fees. That was the gamble Ron Martin took, and he failed miserably. Tilly was not given proper backing to bring in the quality needed for this upward spiral thing. It was always going to be downward.

Could you disect those "Administration Expenses" for me then ? About three and a half million over the last two reported seasons.

What is the point? You won't accept it.

The 06/07 figures were broken down here and nothing stood out as dodgy. I think Firestorm has noted on several occasions that our admin expensese are consistent with the level that they've been since the mid-90s. I'd like to see the expenses for 08/09 and 09/10 thouroughly broken down similar to how 06/07's were but I don't expect it to change people's preconceptions. It's a lot easier to think something is going on than accept the truth of how unviable a business Southend United is.

As for last season's squad, I don't blame them for not putting the effort in when they weren't getting paid and seemingly were being lied to by the Club or were not told anything about what was happening with their money. But at the same time I find it difficult to canonise them, as some have, as being 'our' players in contrast to the mercenaries we had this season, when those mercenaries also had to go through spells without getting paid.

Whilst it isn't much help on the day that the mortgage is due, footballers do know that their contracts are protected by the PFA so ultimately they will get their wages. It's the other people at the Club without such a strong Union who I felt sorry for.

apart from the whole tome of the article, being completely arrogant as usual, "dont blame me blame the players and management". I find 2 points interesting

1. If we have reduced the salaries of the players by 50% this season, but according to gypsy boy on bbc essex interview we are in the top 7 of this division for paying salaries?? does this mean last season are salaries paid to our players were about the 7th highest in league 1?? Because if we were then, we or rather martin was spending way beyond his means last season?? meaning that despite all the high court appearances he was living in cloud cuckoo land..and the only person responsible for deciding the salaries is you guessed it - martin

2. I also take issue with the fact that under sturrick we have a better morale?? that would account for us being 14th in the bottom division and possibly on line for our worst league position in 10 years

1. If we have reduced the salaries of the players by 50% this season, but according to gypsy boy on bbc essex interview we are in the top 7 of this division for paying salaries?? does this mean last season are salaries paid to our players were about the 7th highest in league 1??

that sentance doesn't amke any sense

I wonder if his comment was influenced by the current Southend team being beaten last week by an Accrington team that had not been paid ?

well if he wants to make the comparssion, my understanding is they have /were not paid for one month. Their manager also came out in the press and said what a credit they were. Our manager had 'no comment' . I am not blaming Tilson, clearly both mangers statements are reflections on their chairman

"They've had another kick in the teeth and have taken it in their stride," Coleman told BBC Radio Lancashire.
"They've had to deal with a number of other things over the last six or seven weeks so I can't praise them enough."

2. I also take issue with the fact that under sturrick we have a better morale?? that would account for us being 14th in the bottom division and possibly on line for our worst league position in 10 years

Not true.

We finished 17th in the fourth tier in consecutive seasons between 2002 and 2004.

On Fossetts in the 2012-2013 season? What the hell does he intend to build over there that quick, 3 marquees and a load of patio chairs I suppose. Someone please rip into him at this AGM, the man is not well in the head he needs medication, lots of it and quickly.

With an approx build time of 18 months. That would mean works would have to start this summer/autumn if we were to be in before the end of 2012/13 season...

Which would make next season, the last full season at RH.

Hmmm.

apart from the whole tome of the article, being completely arrogant as usual, "dont blame me blame the players and management". I find 2 points interesting

1. If we have reduced the salaries of the players by 50% this season, but according to gypsy boy on bbc essex interview we are in the top 7 of this division for paying salaries?? does this mean last season are salaries paid to our players were about the 7th highest in league 1?? Because if we were then, we or rather martin was spending way beyond his means last season?? meaning that despite all the high court appearances he was living in cloud cuckoo land..and the only person responsible for deciding the salaries is you guessed it - martin

1. Yes it does mean our wage bill was probably far beyond our means, but why that would make us the 7th highest in league 1 I don't know.
2. Why do you hate Sturrock so much? Of course we were going to do poorly this season, all our players were free and didn't know each other's names at the start of the season! Also until an injury crisis we were 8th, if we could have loaned a couple of players in maybe we could have made the play offs!

Anyway I think we're past the point of no return, there's no point complaining that all the money we make goes into Ron's debts, because it's the only way we will ever pay them off, the debts won't magically disappear and there is no multi billionaire coming in to rescue us. We are failing as a business and I don't think even the best businessmen in the world would be able to save us now, I think Ron is trying to save the club, but he's ****ed up so badly in the past there's nothing he can do anymore except try and pretend everything is going well and hope a miracle happens

With an approx build time of 18 months. That would mean works would have to start this summer/autumn if we were to be in before the end of 2012/13 season...

Which would make next season, the last full season at RH.

Hmmm.
Surely before the end of June, unless he optains an extention of some sort, if not then is it not back we started, and going through the hole process again, and will Sainsburys wait for that long.

Again, debts are a misnomer. The books of companies up and down the country are packed with internal lending and directors loans which can never and will never be paid off.

Having debts of £7.5m isn't necessarily a concern (obviously it's not good...). Of more concern is who those debts are to and how much, if any, needs to be paid back. Is interest accruing?

Debts won't send us bust. Not having any cash will send us bust.

To enable us to kick off the 2012/2013 season in FF, we would absolutely need to commence construction by the end of this season at the latest. We could, of course, opt to move in time for the start of 2013. When we completed the Keepmoat Stadium, a mid-season move was worked to good effect. This way, Ron and his team buy themselves another 4 months to complete the formalities of the CPOs and the previously stated 'due dilligence' processes.

Not true.

We finished 17th in the fourth tier in consecutive seasons between 2002 and 2004.

Yes, but you seemed to have missed that he said "in line for our lowest finish". And on current form (one win in the last ten), unless there is a dramatic turnaround we are in line to drop a few more places and have our lowest finish in ten years.

To enable us to kick off the 2012/2013 season in FF, we would absolutely need to commence construction by the end of this season at the latest. We could, of course, opt to move in time for the start of 2013. When we completed the Keepmoat Stadium, a mid-season move was worked to good effect. This way, Ron and his team buy themselves another 4 months to complete the formalities of the CPOs and the previously stated 'due dilligence' processes.

How long would it take to build the 3 sided plan Sherif?

Does 18 months sound about right?

Also what is the approx cost per seat rate at the moment?

Wasn't this exactly what was proposed some time ago? I vaguely remember a January move in point being mentioned at some point...

Yes, but you seemed to have missed that he said "in line for our lowest finish". And on current form (one win in the last ten), unless there is a dramatic turnaround we are in line to drop a few more places and have our lowest finish in ten years.

But that's assuming that we do indeed slip to below 17th, and CB is using that assumption as a stick to beat Sturrock with which is entirely unfair.

How long would it take to build the 3 sided plan Sherif?

Does 18 months sound about right?

Also what is the approx cost per seat rate at the moment?

Difficult to say, because I am unsure as to how much of the enabling development will be delivered with the reduced 3-sided offering.
If it were the stadium and retail units alone, then I'd suggest it could be completed in about 14/15 months.

As for unit cost per seat mate, I'd still say 'low' - probably about £1000 - £1200.

Back