• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What happens to Season Cards?

AFC Wimbledon have asked fans to waive their right to a refund, but understand that fans may request one in the current climate. They have until sometime in early June to request it.

Ron must be getting worried now the season is over.

We still don't know the season is over.

Last edited:
AFC Wimbledon have asked fans to waive their right to a refund, but understand that fans may request one in the current climate. They have until sometime in early June to request it.

Ron must be getting worried now the season is over.
Think this will be the same at many clubs at our level and below, a very big struggle is ahead:Sorry:

I wouldn't want a refund but I would expect the clubs (when they can) show their appreciation by either a discount for next season's ST's or more likely a few free cups tickets but I would not want JPT (or whatever it's called now) tickets because I haven't gone to them since they allowed the prem/championship kids in. Perhaps even a few free away games viewings on the iplayer maybe.

Ron should give us Season Card holders a free 20/21 shirt from the club shop instead of a refund. Would be good to see so many fans wearing the colours at each game. That is if we get back to spectator sport!
Great shout hadn't thought of that.

Ron should give us Season Card holders a free 20/21 shirt from the club shop instead of a refund. Would be good to see so many fans wearing the colours at each game. That is if we get back to spectator sport!

Good shout, but can't see him doing that with a new kit supplier. More likely we'll all be given XXS or XXXL shirts from previous years.

I wouldn't want a refund but I would expect the clubs (when they can) show their appreciation by either a discount for next season's ST's or more likely a few free cups tickets but I would not want JPT (or whatever it's called now) tickets because I haven't gone to them since they allowed the prem/championship kids in. Perhaps even a few free away games viewings on the iplayer maybe.
It would be nice to be given the choice though

I am a member of MCC and paid the yearly subs of £580 prior to the start of season. An e mail a couple of weeks ago from the club came informing us that "despite the chances of any cricket being played at Lord's being minimal at best, due to the fact that two of the stands are being re-built the club is in need of finance at this present time" and therefore they have decided not to refund any money back to members or offer even a part reduction on subs next season either.

One for Ron to bear in mind for "the new ground" maybe?

I am a member of MCC and paid the yearly subs of £580 prior to the start of season. An e mail a couple of weeks ago from the club came informing us that "despite the chances of any cricket being played at Lord's being minimal at best, due to the fact that two of the stands are being re-built the club is in need of finance at this present time" and therefore they have decided not to refund any money back to members or offer even a part reduction on subs next season either.

One for Ron to bear in mind for "the new ground" maybe?

If you don’t pay the yearly subs, do you lose your membership? Considering how difficult it is to become a member of the MCC, they have you over a barrel! Can’t see Ron having that luxury!! Most cricket lovers would give their right bollock to be a MCC member!

If you don’t pay the yearly subs, do you lose your membership? Considering how difficult it is to become a member of the MCC, they have you over a barrel! Can’t see Ron having that luxury!! Most cricket lovers would give their right bollock to be a MCC member!

Yes. If the subs are not paid by I think 1st March, your membership lapses and pretty much you’ll never get it back. Think it is a 40 year waiting list now, however you can undertake a trial of several matches to prove you are of sufficient ability to represent MCC in out matches and then you may be accepted as a playing member. High standard to reach but a way to get in quicker if you are up to it. I went on the list in 1981 and was elected in 1990 - pretty quick considering how things are now. ?

Yes. If the subs are not paid by I think 1st March, your membership lapses and pretty much you’ll never get it back. Think it is a 40 year waiting list now, however you can undertake a trial of several matches to prove you are of sufficient ability to represent MCC in out matches and then you may be accepted as a playing member. High standard to reach but a way to get in quicker if you are up to it. I went on the list in 1981 and was elected in 1990 - pretty quick considering how things are now. ?

Now that is one thing I’m envious of! With hindsight, I should have tried to play for the MCC when I was 17/18!!! I never get bored with the Lords experience.

Yes, and I like to get in early and watch the warm up, talk to a few players and Micky on the mic etc.
However there are many that seem to miss kick off at the start of both halfs.

Ha! I'm not stalking you (honest :Winking: ) but I can often see you on iFollow before home matches (you usually wear a red baseball cap if I'm not mistaken).

I missed our usual chat with Micky at the Hamlet Court Tavern before the Shrewsbury game in May.Unfortunately IFollow often drowns out his pre-match announcements etc for the BBC Essex commentary.Shame.

Ha! I'm not stalking you (honest :Winking: ) but I can often see you on iFollow before home matches (you usually wear a red baseball cap if I'm not mistaken).

I missed our usual chat with Micky at the Hamlet Court Tavern before the Shrewsbury game in May.Unfortunately IFollow often drowns out his pre-match announcements etc for the BBC Essex commentary.Shame.
Not me, I don't wear red, and will have either SUFC bobble hat for cold days or SUFC peaked cap for warmer days and when the sun drops low over the West Stand.

Back