• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The main worry is, Sainsbury's get fed up with waiting, pull the plug on the development and then demand the many millions back, that they have loaned RM's 29 companies, SUFC, RH Ltd etc etc. That will then leave us with RH owned by Sainsbury's, who will no doubt want to flog the site to the highest bidder or charge us an inflated rent. No new stadium or the money to finance one and a debt that will put us into liquidation, without doubt. Now that I think is absolute worst case scenario and I'm not entirely sure that this turn of events can happen. But, that is my take on how it could all turn very sour indeed for our club.

Just like HMRC got fed up waiting. Its just a matter of time

So, did the 8th of October come to anything or was it just a rumoured date that was bandied around?

Any news on the stadium would be welcome.

it is quite amazing the silence coming from the club. i would say its shocking but its not its normal really. its a shame we have to expect lies and spin from the club we love so much. to me this is very sad. just to rub the salt in. buy a legacy t-shirt everyone for £5000!!!!

Its a Bloo** joke!! all we want to know if its going to happen or are we just dreaming! is that really to much to ask?

Rotherham Utd got their new stadium plan quickly done & now they are starting on the ground work & get the stadium ready for 2012/13! they did it quicker than we do!

Rotherham Utd got their new stadium plan quickly done & now they are starting on the ground work & get the stadium ready for 2012/13! they did it quicker than we do!

Was going to say this. I think they got planning permission last November and they've started already, when did we get planning permission? 2008?

Application Reference: 11/00538/EXTM

http://planning.southend.gov.uk/Pub...lication_detailview.aspx?caseno=LJMX3DPA04Q00

As the alternative's to the stadium being built seem bad for SUFC I have just supported this application with some positive comment's.
Not sure if it will do any good but feel that a large number of full and positive comments that the council receive regarding the benefit's to the town as well as the club can not be a bad thing.

http://planning.southend.gov.uk/Pub...lication_detailview.aspx?caseno=LJMX3DPA04Q00

As the alternative's to the stadium being built seem bad for SUFC I have just supported this application with some positive comment's.
Not sure if it will do any good but feel that a large number of full and positive comments that the council receive regarding the benefit's to the town as well as the club can not be a bad thing.

Thanks for this Richard T, as you say the more support for the application the better. Will send something in shortly myself.

I've never believed this will happen and i'm still of that opinion.

I was hopefull originally but the world banking crisis could not have come at a worse time for us really but I have returned a positive response on this link to the council as I feel it is an easy way for us fan's to do a little to help the club.

good spot, I ahve commeted as well. I can only help or have a neutral affect.

There was a small piece in yesterdays Echo which I cannot find a link for....

Blues wait on verdict.

Southend United will find out whether they have overcome the latest hurdle to the new stadium plans on Thursday.

The club's three-year permission for the 22,000 seater facility in Fossetts Farm is close to expiring. The deadline has prompted Blues bosses to apply for a three-year extension to the time limit. Because of the size of the site, part of it falls within Rochford District Council's jurisdiction. That authority will meet on Thursday.Planning officers have recommended the time extension is approved.Southend Council is expected to rule on it's section of the site in September.

There was a small piece in yesterdays Echo which I cannot find a link for....

Blues wait on verdict.

Southend United will find out whether they have overcome the latest hurdle to the new stadium plans on Thursday.

The club's three-year permission for the 22,000 seater facility in Fossetts Farm is close to expiring. The deadline has prompted Blues bosses to apply for a three-year extension to the time limit. Because of the size of the site, part of it falls within Rochford District Council's jurisdiction. That authority will meet on Thursday.Planning officers have recommended the time extension is approved.Southend Council is expected to rule on it's section of the site in September.

3 years ? If they're that confident it's just round the corner, I would have thought one year would be more than adequate. If it hasn't happened in another year, it's not going to!

It is all very well Sainsbury's coughing up the money to build the stadium but I still do not think RM will be able to get the funds together for the shopping paradise and even if he did who in there right mind wants more retail space at the moment when shops are closing every day.

Back