• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wiggy's and Other's Ratings!

I can't believe the consistent low marks on here for Moussa, FBM has it pretty much spot on in his report.

Last edited:
I think everyone is marking Flaves to high, he cant even hit a blue shirt when he kicks a ball out, BRING BACK STEVE before flaves takes us down the league again

Who is this Flaves?

My thoughts...

Flavs - 6 didn't have have much to do, couple of good saves but he should have got the ball out quicker

Francis - 7 he had a good game, defensively fairly solid.

Mulgrew - 7 much improved display hopefully he's ettling and this is his true colurs

Barrett & Clarke - 6.5 played quite well, crap luton attck made them look better.

Moussa - 7.5 i was impressed, was much stronger than in the past, quietly went about his business, good passing.

Bailey - 8.5 man of match again

Gower - 6.5 much improved game, his set pieces left alot to be desired though

Black - 4 rubbish game

Kanu - 6 thought he was rather obviously not fully fit, was strong in air and turned well.

Walker - 7.5 pacey, held ball up well, energetic, turned defenders. took goal well but other than that didn't get many chances.

subs
Scannell - 6 did ok, made a superb challenge in blues box late on.
Grant - looked impressive before he got injured
Hunt - barely on

Black - 4 rubbish game
Kanu - 6 thought he was rather obviously not fully fit, was strong in air and turned well.
subs
Scannell - 6 did ok, made a superb challenge in blues box late on.
Black had the ball a few times. Kanu didnt. Kanu didnt head it. How do you mark someone 6 out of 10 for turning well?
Scannell - had about 4 possessions which all ended up down a blind alley. If Harrold or Hooper played as badly as these two they would have been booed off the pitch and slated on here.

Flavs 6 nothing to do, penalised for time wasting
Mulgrew 7 better today, think eventually will be decent
Clarke 6 done ok in awkward conditions
Barrett 6 same as above
Francis 8 gets better and better, class act on the ball
Moose 6 couple of good lay offs but knowhere near strong enough
Bailey 9 quality, has gone clear in poty vote
Gower 7 awful first half corners then came alive 2nd half
Black 6 quiet game, convinced he's not a winger
Kanu 4 to be fair chucked in at the last minute but not as useful as Matt Harrold, enough said
Walker 9 great find, got everything, pace, skill, movement, just needs a decent partner
Grant 7 not on long but his attitude and strength showed why he should be in front of Moose Tuesday
Scannell 6 ran into a blind alley on one decent run, not on long though

Ref 8, another good one that kept it flowing

Other than Scannell deserving an extra mark for a superb tackle in the second half, I have to say I completely agree with the wiggster's ratings.

Crikey!

:)

I completely agree with the wiggster's ratings.

Crikey!

:)

That happened to me a couple of weeks ago. It was a little uncomfortable at first, and I remember asking the question "Why me!?"

Over time though, I've learned to live with it. I do occasionally think back and wonder about it, but if it's any consolation Matt, the changes it will necessitate in your life are only temporary.

:stunned:

:p

Black had the ball a few times. Kanu didnt. Kanu didnt head it. How do you mark someone 6 out of 10 for turning well?
Scannell - had about 4 possessions which all ended up down a blind alley. If Harrold or Hooper played as badly as these two they would have been booed off the pitch and slated on here.

Re: Kanu
He was trying to turn his defenders, granted it didn't always come off but you could see the kind of player he is. Also he got up in the air well and caused their defenders problems with his physicality. On reflection maybe 5.5 would a more accurate score for him as i was looking at his potential for when he's fully fit and got the lightning pace back that we've all heard about.

Black simply wasn't up to the standard he's been at more recently.

And for the record I've never been one to Boo off Harrold or Hooper.

I think everyone is marking Flaves to high, he cant even hit a blue shirt when he kicks a ball out, BRING BACK STEVE before flaves takes us down the league again

Can I just say that I heartily disagree with this statement and I'm fed up with everyone having it in for Flavs. There was a very clear incident in the 2nd half on Saturday where Flavs had the ball to pass out and looking around Walker gestured where he wanted it played - just in front of him. Flavs hoofed it up with pinpoint accuracy unfortunately Walker lost out to the defender. I can't honestly say I watched every ball he played out but IMO most go where they are intended, it's hardly his fault if our guys are muscled out of the way or beaten to the ball.

Back