• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For me it’s the only way that Hearn can come out and say well for the undisputed title to happen my hands were tied. If he fights Whyte or Miller then it’s just a cop out as he could easily have fought Wilder instead. The WBC have sanctioned the rematch not ordered it so Wilder can chose to opt out of that fight.

It’s all about greedy Hearn and saving his cash cow but he’s ruining the credibility of Joshua. You know it wouldn’t surprise me if Joshua jumps ship and went with someone stateside if things carry on the way they are. Go with either Top Rank, Golden Boy or god forbid Mayweather.

Hearn can say absolutely anything he likes, and a lot of people will eat it up. “We tried despritly to get Wilder over ‘ere but he dint faaancy it. We offered ‘im money, brasses, a Brexit deal, but he just don’t wanna face Joshua. What more could we dooo”.

I thought that Joshua could potentially jump ship years ago. But there’s no real benefit to it now. Not only has he got that massive deal with Hearn, but now Hearn’s trying to break into America with DAZN, he’d get the same exposure as he would if he’d signed with any of the others.

Still don’t know how to embed tweets, and have no desire to learn, so will just have to use old fashioned copy and paste:

@SkySportsBoxing ? @AnthonyFJoshua is booked in at Wembley for 13th April, but will he face the winner of Whyte Chisora 2?

Eddie Hearn has retweeted it.

Still don’t know how to embed tweets, and have no desire to learn, so will just have to use old fashioned copy and paste:

@SkySportsBoxing ? @AnthonyFJoshua is booked in at Wembley for 13th April, but will he face the winner of Whyte Chisora 2?

Eddie Hearn has retweeted it.

Just copy the link to the tweet and paste it onto the post.

Hearn can say absolutely anything he likes, and a lot of people will eat it up. “We tried despritly to get Wilder over ‘ere but he dint faaancy it. We offered ‘im money, brasses, a Brexit deal, but he just don’t wanna face Joshua. What more could we dooo”.

I thought that Joshua could potentially jump ship years ago. But there’s no real benefit to it now. Not only has he got that massive deal with Hearn, but now Hearn’s trying to break into America with DAZN, he’d get the same exposure as he would if he’d signed with any of the others.

Canelo is with DAZN and Golden Boy he gets much more exposure than Joshua does. It would make more sense for Joshua to sign with Golden Boy.

I can’t see past a Whyte win.

Aside from a lucky punch, I don’t see how Chisora wins. He’ll keep plodding forward, but his punch output is low & his stamina is poor. Those overhand clubbing blows are all he really offers.

And whilst I don’t think too much of Whyte, his stamina is marginally better, which should be enough to keep him out of any serious trouble.

FWIW, I think Whyte will struggle against a mobile fighter, who has decent stamina and makes him miss shots. Someone like Fury would be his worst nightmare, as he’d more than likely lose all 12 rounds. Whereas someone like Chisora is right in his wheel house, as he’ll play into his hands & his style of fighting.

The first fight was entertaining, so I’m hoping for something similar, although I wouldn’t be too surprised to see Whyte be a bit more cautious & try and box his way through, especially considering what’s at stake (“national stadium, these two really don’t like each other, earned his shot” etc etc)

I’m going for Whyte on points

If it goes to the scorecards regardless of how the fight goes Whyte wins. Exactly like the last fight, it’s in Hearn’s best interests to make sure Whyte wins for the ‘bad blood’ rematch of Whyte v Joshua.

Personally I’m in War Chisora camp! Always have and always will be and I can’t stand Whyte think he’s massively overrated and a European level heavyweight at best! He’s lucky that outside of Joshua, Wilder and Fury the rest of the division is pretty poor. They say he’s the just outside them but I think he struggles against the likes of Usyk when he moves up, Hughie Fury and Luiz Ortiz.

Anyone with an ounce of boxing skill can outbox him. He’s a brawler and loves a street fight and that’s exactly what Chisora loves too. I was hugely impressed with his performance against Takam. I think this is a better Chisora than the first fight but I feel Whyte has developed a bit better than the last fight.

My heart wants Chisora KO but my head says Whyte on points. Don’t think it will be as good as the last fight but will be a war!

Anyone interested in the other card? A much better card on paper and the main event has the potential to be fight of the year! I’m a massive fan of Warrington and think he got some stones to take on Frampton for his first defence. He could’ve quite easily fought the 15th best in the division but chose to take this fight after a war with Selby. This is a genuine 50/50 and I really hope Warrington does it.

And finally I just saw this:

I hope this is true will be nice to see Yarde finally in with a live opponent rather than the Hungarian taxi drivers he always seems to fight.

I take both of your points. I guess it depends on whether you buy what is being said by the camps. It's probably me being naive because Im such a big Del boy fan but the noises him and haye are making about this being the 1st time he has prepared properly have got me excited. The 12 rounds of war etc. I'm under no illusion that Chisora is a limited boxer but if he keeps coming forward, he can take punishment and will get rewards IMO.

There is talk of Whytes improvement but Dillian doesn't seem that mobile to me so I can't see how he will counter Chisora coming forward constantly. I think and hope it will just be toe to toe again.

You guys do realise Fury was nominated by the BBC for Sports moment of the year in SPOTY - for the way he got back off the floor against Wilder. They didn’t disregard him at all.

So a token gesture then?

FWIW, I don’t think people were bothered about a pointless paper accolade, but more towards yet another example of bias that’s shown towards Tyson Fury.

Once again his inspiring achievements in his personal & professional life, have been totally overlooked & ignored.

So imagine my surprise at seeing the racist get awarded an OBE. Superior lols

So a token gesture then?

FWIW, I don’t think people were bothered about a pointless paper accolade, but more towards yet another example of bias that’s shown towards Tyson Fury.

Once again his inspiring achievements in his personal & professional life, have been totally overlooked & ignored.

So imagine my surprise at seeing the racist get awarded an OBE. Superior lols

The racist ex drug dealer don’t forget that!

The racist ex drug dealer don’t forget that!

You mean the racist ex drug dealer who’s also got another charge on his rap sheet, that is protected by a super injunction, that was taken out by Matchroom Boxing?

As opposed the sexist, racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, coke taking drug cheat Fury. If you're going to put people's misdemeanours in front of their names, at least be consistent; or is it only dependent on whether you like their stable or not, as to whether or not you constantly slate their mistakes / beliefs. I appreciate it's very en vogue to hate down on Eddie Hearn these days, but come on Gents, at least be consistent with your treatment. I wonder if Hearn had accepted Fury's offer to join his stable, whether you would both still be so biased and blinkered towards your 'Gypsy King'.

By the way, I fancy Whyte points on Saturday, far more comfortable and less entertaining than last time.

Same outcome for Frampton as well, I don't see Warrington at the same level as Frampton; think he did well against Selby, but Selby was clearly weight drained and well off the boil.

If it goes to the scorecards regardless of how the fight goes Whyte wins. Exactly like the last fight, it’s in Hearn’s best interests to make sure Whyte wins for the ‘bad blood’ rematch of Whyte v Joshua.

It did make me giggle in the press conference when Chisora said he can't let it go to points as he can't afford to compete with Hearn in buying off the judges. Also liked the dig about how Hearn had done terribly not getting Whyte a WBC title shot.

As opposed the sexist, racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, coke taking drug cheat Fury. If you're going to put people's misdemeanours in front of their names, at least be consistent; or is it only dependent on whether you like their stable or not, as to whether or not you constantly slate their mistakes / beliefs. I appreciate it's very en vogue to hate down on Eddie Hearn these days, but come on Gents, at least be consistent with your treatment. I wonder if Hearn had accepted Fury's offer to join his stable, whether you would both still be so biased and blinkered towards your 'Gypsy King'.

By the way, I fancy Whyte points on Saturday, far more comfortable and less entertaining than last time.

Same outcome for Frampton as well, I don't see Warrington at the same level as Frampton; think he did well against Selby, but Selby was clearly weight drained and well off the boil.

He’s not the one receiving an OBE or perceived by the media as a saint or a god. I will support Tyson Fury no matter whose stable he is with. He is the no.1 heavyweight and the best boxer at that level. He’s had his demons but doesn’t hide them or have injunctions to keep them quiet. Everything he has done is out in the open!

As opposed the sexist, racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, coke taking drug cheat Fury. If you're going to put people's misdemeanours in front of their names, at least be consistent; or is it only dependent on whether you like their stable or not, as to whether or not you constantly slate their mistakes / beliefs.

Oh I fully accept & acknowledge that Fury has a chequered past & isn’t a Saint by any stretch of the imagination.

It’s the exact reason his achievements & accomplishments are not given the respect they deserve.

Which is precisely why it’s such a **** take that Joshua’s bad deeds are swept aside & ignored.

Thats the crux of the point. Neither are model citizens, yet one gets treated far better than the other.

The only way Fury gets an OBE, is if he makes it one of his demands when he climbs the bell tower with a rifle.

That Whyte v Chisora 2 card has been absolutely shocking! Cannot believe it’s a PPV even if they have an absolute war it still shouldn’t have been PPV.

Martin Murray losing to N’Dam was a shocker but he outboxed him for the 12 rounds. Think that’s it for Murray now.

Back