• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This evening I flicked between the two cards early on and was very underwhelmed by the Matchroom card which is nothing out of the ordinary. The Frank Warren Card was a lot better so I stuck with it from the main event and am I glad I did!

Warrington has announced himself truly on the world level and for me has been the best British fighter of 2018. To win the title against Lee Selby who most people would’ve said he’s the best in the division at the time and then for his first defence take on Carl Frampton who is a world class fighter and beat him and complete outbox and outclass him! It was an all out war and Warrington didn’t give Frampton a seconds peace for the whole 12 rounds. A pure and utter masterclass from Warrington. Bet Hearn is kicking himself for letting him go to Frank Warren.

As for Whyte v Chisora, the reactions on Twitter are laughable. He deserves a world title shot because he beat someone who he shouldn’t have had to of fought again if he had actually beat him in the first fight. British fighter of the year? What after beating an overweight Aussie doorman, a very poor ex world champion and an old on the way down Derek Chisora. The fact that fight was on PPV is an absolute joke and what ****s me off more is that they didn’t even delay either so people could watch both. Frank Warren had his card booked and arranged a lot longer than Eddie Hearn but he had to be the pompous egotistical prick he always is. You wonder why you get booed? Because you’re a ****! And boxing fans will figure you out like they’ve started to already.

Anyway, I’m pumped up now Charlo’s in the morning. Let’s see how that goes!

It was another enjoyable fight. I think the way Chisora boxes forces most opponents onto trading and that is why he is a fans favourite. I must admit that Whyte was better on the night. Chisora punched himself out and paid the price, plus he didn't ever really get a shot in that rocked Whyte. Think the two points deductions for Chisora were harsh and at a time where it could be argued he was edging the score card, that must have been demoralising and further emphasised to Del boy that the only way he could win this fight is by knocking whyte out. The last couple of rounds the venom in Chisoras punches had gone and whyte had plenty in reserve. Its a shame that the refereeing leaves a question mark on whether Chisora could have seen out a points victory and again leaves big question marks over whytes true ability. Personally I think whyte would have won that fight anyway.

It was another enjoyable fight. I think the way Chisora boxes forces most opponents onto trading and that is why he is a fans favourite. I must admit that Whyte was better on the night. Chisora punched himself out and paid the price, plus he didn't ever really get a shot in that rocked Whyte. Think the two points deductions for Chisora were harsh and at a time where it could be argued he was edging the score card, that must have been demoralising and further emphasised to Del boy that the only way he could win this fight is by knocking whyte out. The last couple of rounds the venom in Chisoras punches had gone and whyte had plenty in reserve. Its a shame that the refereeing leaves a question mark on whether Chisora could have seen out a points victory and again leaves big question marks over whytes true ability. Personally I think whyte would have won that fight anyway.

Chisora was up on two of the cards before he got KO’d. Would’ve been interesting to see how it ended had he made the distance. Seen people saying it’s KO of the year? Not even Whyte’s KO of the year his one on Browne was far more devastating.

I think the punch he landed in the 1st round was better, really rocked Chisora. Don't think that would have knocked him out if he hadn't been near dead on his feet from his efforts.

I had the fight even but the two points deductions put it in whytes favour plus Chisora was punched out and whyte looked fresh for the remainder. As much as I love Chisora I don't think a points win for whyte would have been as controversial this time around

I think the punch he landed in the 1st round was better, really rocked Chisora. Don't think that would have knocked him out if he hadn't been near dead on his feet from his efforts.

I had the fight even but the two points deductions put it in whytes favour plus Chisora was punched out and whyte looked fresh for the remainder. As much as I love Chisora I don't think a points win for whyte would have been as controversial this time around

Did you manage to watch the Warrington v Frampton fight? If you haven’t make sure you watch it, it’s an absolute war!

WBA have Hearn as promoter of the year :ROFL: Hearn obviously has Mendoza in his back pocket.

Oh I fully accept & acknowledge that Fury has a chequered past & isn’t a Saint by any stretch of the imagination.

It’s the exact reason his achievements & accomplishments are not given the respect they deserve.

Which is precisely why it’s such a **** take that Joshua’s bad deeds are swept aside & ignored.

Thats the crux of the point. Neither are model citizens, yet one gets treated far better than the other.

The only way Fury gets an OBE, is if he makes it one of his demands when he climbs the bell tower with a rifle.

Yeah, can't argue that, the IBF, especially...

That said, Fury has fared far better than Joshua in SPOTY and the Ring Magazine EOY awards, so the tide may be turning.

DeGale vs Eubank Jr 23rd Feb, ITV Box Office *yawn*

As opposed the sexist, racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, coke taking drug cheat Fury. If you're going to put people's misdemeanours in front of their names, at least be consistent; or is it only dependent on whether you like their stable or not, as to whether or not you constantly slate their mistakes / beliefs. I appreciate it's very en vogue to hate down on Eddie Hearn these days, but come on Gents, at least be consistent with your treatment. I wonder if Hearn had accepted Fury's offer to join his stable, whether you would both still be so biased and blinkered towards your 'Gypsy King'.

By the way, I fancy Whyte points on Saturday, far more comfortable and less entertaining than last time.

Same outcome for Frampton as well, I don't see Warrington at the same level as Frampton; think he did well against Selby, but Selby was clearly weight drained and well off the boil.

Just on this, Warrington was fantastic, his first round easily pushed Wilder Fury for round of the year. Twice I’ve massively underestimated him. Very good performance although it really does show how important momentum is, be interested to see where he goes next, Valdez would be interesting.

Just on this, Warrington was fantastic, his first round easily pushed Wilder Fury for round of the year. Twice I’ve massively underestimated him. Very good performance although it really does show how important momentum is, be interested to see where he goes next, Valdez would be interesting.

Once again Warrington will go in as the underdog as he did against Selby and Frampton. I really think he can do it against Valdez too, he gets better and better with every fight.

Hearing Khan v Crawford and also hearing Joshua v Miller in NY in April.

The rumoured heavyweight bouts upcoming are:

Fury v Wilder 2
Usyk v Povetkin
AJ v Miller
Whyte v Klitschko

Think a lot of the AJ fan boys will be unhappy with that. Only care about the top two if I’m honest they will be the only two worth watching!

Wlad making a comeback makes no sense to me.

In his last two fights, he’s faced two of the top three fighters at HW, and lost both convincingly.

Can’t see how he improves on those performances.

Wlad making a comeback makes no sense to me.

In his last two fights, he’s faced two of the top three fighters at HW, and lost both convincingly.

Can’t see how he improves on those performances.

I don’t think it’s going to happen. After listening to a few interviews recently, Whyte has had a really low offer from AJ to fight him, less than what he earned against Chisora 2.

Miller vs AJ doesn’t look like it will happen in April as rumoured, more likely later on.

Where does this leave AJ? Who knows I would be surprised if he was fighting anyone outside of Whyte or Miller. Maybe they’re waiting for Fury v Wilder 2 to be announced before doing anything. There might be a slight chance of Wilder fighting AJ.

This is all down to Hearn and he’s inability to take the bubble wrap off AJ. He wants to protect that 0 and keep the belts. Which is beyond me as AJ is the big attraction no matter what his record or what belts he holds. People (lots of casuals and non boxing fans) will want to see him fight, especially if it’s a big fight.

The general view out there is that AJ is ducking the big fighters where as I think it’s Hearn holding him back. In my opinion AJ would be much better being promoted by someone else. Hearn puts a good show on but his choices and his protection of his fighters is detrimental to their careers.

The rumoured heavyweight bouts upcoming are:

Fury v Wilder 2
Usyk v Povetkin
AJ v Miller
Whyte v Klitschko

Think a lot of the AJ fan boys will be unhappy with that. Only care about the top two if I’m honest they will be the only two worth watching!

I'd probably watch all of them to be fair.

Can't see Wilder v Fury being any different, Fury outclasses him and Wilder will need a knock out punch, wonder if Wilder will come in heavier this time and really go for power?

Usyk Povetkin doesn't really excite me, it's probably the right move for Usyk working his way up slowly but it's not going to tell us if Usyk can mix it with a big heavyweight which is the only question I have. I'm sure he will dispatch Povetkin with relative ease.

AJ Miller uninspiring again and AJ really needs a big fight after this one as it is all going a bit stale.

Cant see Whyte Klitschko happening. If Whyte genuinely thinks he beats AJ then he should take the low purse because his next fight would be worth a lot should he win. I don't think he's confident though. I can't see any other worthwhile fight for Whyte other than AJ, nothing else would pay and everyone else seems to be lined up. Hearn won't let him fight Miller as that takes the only two semi credible fights away from AJ

Typical Hearn rubbish! Doesn’t matter that he’s made offers to them it’s whether they are a worth while deal. Whyte said he got offered less to fight AJ than he got for his 2nd fight for Chisora. That says it all, this is all smoke and mirrors to give himself an argument when AJ fights none of the 3 listed to have received offers. Then he can call them **** houses and claim they’re all scared of AJ. He’s wrecking AJ’s career and doing his credibility with the fans any favours.

Back