• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think you are right, next fight will be AJ for deontay now. He has 2 pay days left a loss to AJ then a loss to Fury IMO. But he does have that punch so its no foregone conclusion.

I’m gunna stick my neck out & say not a chance.

Hearn has been lining up either the winner of Whyte/Chisora or Jarrell Miller.

Don’t get me wrong. I would love to see it be Wilder or Fury, but they now have a platform where they don’t need Joshua for the time being.

Well that was your usual USA score card bull****! I had Fury winning that 114-112, you could only give Wilder the two 10-8 and I gave him two 10-9’s.

I’d like to know if a rematch was written into the contract for a draw or if Shelley Finkel will go grovelling to Hearn for that April fight at Wembley. They will have realised that they dodged a bullet here and if they go again with proper judging and another full camp Fury beats Wilder again.

He has proved all the doubters wrong and to get up from that second knock down was incredible!

WAR FURY!!!!

The acceptable scorecards for that fight were either 115-111 or 114-112 in favour of Tyson Fury.

Anything other than that, is simply wrong

That result was a joke. Lennox Lewis even called it before the fight saying that if Fury wins on points, it will be called a split decision and a draw. He said it happened to him in America.
The commentators even said before the start of the last round that Fury is so far ahead that Wilder can only win with a KO, not a knock down, a KO. The promoters got to hand pick the judges, and there lies half the problem. They were all, or at least the Mexican judge, corruptible. For him to give the first 4 rounds to Wilder is laughable.

That result was a joke. Lennox Lewis even called it before the fight saying that if Fury wins on points, it will be called a split decision and a draw. He said it happened to him in America.
The commentators even said before the start of the last round that Fury is so far ahead that Wilder can only win with a KO, not a knock down, a KO. The promoters got to hand pick the judges, and there lies half the problem. They were all, or at least the Mexican judge, corruptible. For him to give the first 4 rounds to Wilder is laughable.

This to me, is enough proof to show that the con was on, from the start. Give Wilder the early advantage, just in case it does go to points

The problem is, you can’t physically prove it. There’s always the ‘human error’ aspect to hide behind, which unfortunately, means it can happen again and again and again.

I’m at the point where I don’t really know what to say anymore when these dubious decisions occur. They seem to happen so frequently, and there is never any kind of recourse or disciplinary action handed out to offending judges. Either they’re bent, or they’re incompetent. There’s no middle ground, It’s one or the other.

If a premier league ref makes a shocking blunder, which is costly to a game, then he/she will likely be dropped down the leagues (normally to ref our games) as a form of punishment. That doesn’t happen in boxing

The problem is that the promoters talk to the judges when signing them up for a fight night. They obviously tell them what outcome they would prefer on the big fights. Some of these judges can make a nice living for little work. So they have a vested interest in keeping the promoters happy. Money talks. Even Fury wasn't that mad about being robbed, as he knows the Millions he will get for the rematch.

I’m gunna stick my neck out & say not a chance.

Hearn has been lining up either the winner of Whyte/Chisora or Jarrell Miller.

Don’t get me wrong. I would love to see it be Wilder or Fury, but they now have a platform where they don’t need Joshua for the time being.

Don’t forget the IBF they love to dangle a mandatory over Joshua’s head. I reckon this could fall in Fury’s favour. If the IBF call Joshua to fight Pulev and he declines then surely Fury steps straight in against Pulev for the IBF belt? Pay back for when they stripped him because he was contractually obliged to fight Klitschko again. Would Hearn and Joshua dump the IBF belt?

Don’t forget the IBF they love to dangle a mandatory over Joshua’s head. I reckon this could fall in Fury’s favour. If the IBF call Joshua to fight Pulev and he declines then surely Fury steps straight in against Pulev for the IBF belt? Pay back for when they stripped him because he was contractually obliged to fight Klitschko again. Would Hearn and Joshua dump the IBF belt?

Ah mate, your guess is as good as mine.

I don’t think they’d drop the belt, instead I’m sure there could be a “special arrangement”, to avoid a mandatory if they needed it, therefore keeping the belt. It seemed to work for Wlad.

Can’t see Tyson being called as mandatory though. I’m not sure he’s ranked highly enough with the IBF to be instantly installed ahead of other fighters. On top of that, I think there’s still bad blood between him & the IBF, so I don’t see them rushing to do him any favours.

One things for certain in my mind, after seeing the fight, Hearn won’t want to put AJ in with either of them anytime soon. Both of them beat Joshua in my eyes, and fairly comfortably too.

Ah mate, your guess is as good as mine.

I don’t think they’d drop the belt, instead I’m sure there could be a “special arrangement”, to avoid a mandatory if they needed it, therefore keeping the belt. It seemed to work for Wlad.

Can’t see Tyson being called as mandatory though. I’m not sure he’s ranked highly enough with the IBF to be instantly installed ahead of other fighters. On top of that, I think there’s still bad blood between him & the IBF, so I don’t see them rushing to do him any favours.

One things for certain in my mind, after seeing the fight, Hearn won’t want to put AJ in with either of them anytime soon. Both of them beat Joshua in my eyes, and fairly comfortably too.

I don't see that, think AJ has the measure of Wilder. Would put my money on Fury but don't think it's a foregone conclusion. I think Hearn would be thinking about unifying the division while Wilder (the easier option) still has the belt, then take a mandatory or 2 and hope Fury has another mental health slip up while he waits for his shot.

I don't see that, think AJ has the measure of Wilder. Would put my money on Fury but don't think it's a foregone conclusion. I think Hearn would be thinking about unifying the division while Wilder (the easier option) still has the belt, then take a mandatory or 2 and hope Fury has another mental health slip up while he waits for his shot.

To me, unifying the division is second favourite at the moment. If Hearn/AJ truly wanted that, they’d have fought Wilder by now. Their number one priority is selling out Wembley & knocking over no-hopers. Tyson Fury had 2 and a half years off, fought 2 bums, looked crap & still took the fight with Wilder. So if they wanted it, it’s been there for them for a while.

The sad thing is, they’ve got the domestic fan base to carry on with their agenda for a long time, and as long as they keep giving sound bytes about Wilder running scared, or the fight must happen in this country, then it will continue.

You see Anthony Joshua’s piping up & offering to face either man? It’s all bollocks, but it’s said in order to keep the fans on tenterhooks. When they finally reveal that AJ will be fighting Whyte/Miller at Wembley in April, Hearn will offer an old fable about neither Fury/Wilder wanting it, so they gave it to a man who really did want it. Matchroom have become predictable as ****.

And Hearn knows his boy is in trouble against the other two. AJ gets starched by Wilder & embarrassed by Fury.

Despite Wilder’s wild shots being totally predictable, AJ is a very stiff & slow fighter. Much more so than Fury, who made light work of avoiding the big shots (for the most part)

AJ, would definitely get caught a lot more & I still don’t think he’s got the chin or the stamina to take the punishment. Remember when Wlad almost put him away, but ran out of steam? If Wilder rocks Joshua & goes into that wild windmilling frenzy that he does, he’ll wipe Joshua clean out.

And as for Fury, he’ll dance around the plodding Joshua for 12 rounds, whilst busying himself by showboating & playing up to the crowd.

I hope I’m wrong, and I really hope that Fury OR Wilder face Joshua at Wembley in April. I really do.

I have heard some rumours from very good sources that Usyk is the current front runner for the April fight. Personally I would put money on the fight being against Pulev. With Whyte v Miller on the undercard.

Something else that came from the weekend is Ortiz and Joyce both winning and squaring up to each other. That would be one hell of a knock!

I have heard some rumours from very good sources that Usyk is the current front runner for the April fight. Personally I would put money on the fight being against Pulev. With Whyte v Miller on the undercard.

Something else that came from the weekend is Ortiz and Joyce both winning and squaring up to each other. That would be one hell of a knock!

I find the Usyk rumours a bit too far fetched at the moment. The man hasn’t had a single bout at HW, but is gunna jump in against one of the top 3 guys in the division? I dunno, but then again nothing shocks me with boxing anymore.

I’d forgotten about Pulev tbh. That’s a good shout, but it’s still be easier for Hearn to use Whyte or Miller as he promotes both of them.

But you could be right, Pulev in April, and then the winner of Whyte/Miller later in the year. Sounds about right for Hearn

I find the Usyk rumours a bit too far fetched at the moment. The man hasn’t had a single bout at HW, but is gunna jump in against one of the top 3 guys in the division? I dunno, but then again nothing shocks me with boxing anymore.

I’d forgotten about Pulev tbh. That’s a good shout, but it’s still be easier for Hearn to use Whyte or Miller as he promotes both of them.

But you could be right, Pulev in April, and then the winner of Whyte/Miller later in the year. Sounds about right for Hearn

I suppose he’s got to throw the big names in and come out with the excuses before settling for Pulev. If it is against Pulev/Miller or Whyte I think it will be the lowest crowd they’ve ever had at a Joshua fight at wembley.

This weekend we have Loma back in the ring again for yet another masterclass.

WBC have sanction an direct rematch between Wilder and Fury. That’s Joshua v Fury/Wilder off the cards then. Brilliant news and I look forward to another masterclass and his hand raised AND THE NEW!!

Been told that the T-Mobile arena in Vegas has been booked for May 4th 2019, for a co-promotion between Goldenboy promotions & GGG Promotions.

Can only be Golovkin - Canelo III

Been told that the T-Mobile arena in Vegas has been booked for May 4th 2019, for a co-promotion between Goldenboy promotions & GGG Promotions.

Can only be Golovkin - Canelo III

I had heard that too! Canelo v Fielding on Saturday what are your thoughts?

I had heard that too! Canelo v Fielding on Saturday what are your thoughts?

My thoughts have stayed the same, if not strengthened since the fight was first announced. Canelo is too powerful & too experienced for Fielding.

Fair play to Fielding for taking the fight, but it’s a step too far IMO. Canelo takes this via stoppage, around the mid rounds

My thoughts have stayed the same, if not strengthened since the fight was first announced. Canelo is too powerful & too experienced for Fielding.

Fair play to Fielding for taking the fight, but it’s a step too far IMO. Canelo takes this via stoppage, around the mid rounds

The odds for a Fielding to KO Canelo are outstanding that I might stick a few quid on just for the hell of it. I’m going to stay up to watch it as I love a Canelo fight against a Brit as it normally brings an outstanding KO. It’s being rumoured that this could set up a fight against Callum Smith at Anfield. Obviously Canelo v GGG 3 will stop that and personally can’t see Canelo fighting outside of the US.

The odds for a Fielding to KO Canelo are outstanding that I might stick a few quid on just for the hell of it. I’m going to stay up to watch it as I love a Canelo fight against a Brit as it normally brings an outstanding KO. It’s being rumoured that this could set up a fight against Callum Smith at Anfield. Obviously Canelo v GGG 3 will stop that and personally can’t see Canelo fighting outside of the US.

SkyBet have Fielding to win by (T)KO AT 8/1, but have just boosted his outright win price to 10/1.

Anyone has a punchers chance, but it’s a very slim one. Granted, Fielding is more accustomed to the weight, but as far as experience goes, he simply hasn’t been in against someone of this calibre. His two highest profile opponents have been Christoper Rebrasse & Callum Smith.

That pales in comparison to Canelo’s resume, which includes Floyd Mayweather, GGG, Shane Molesley, Miguel Cotto, Carlos Baldomir & of course Amir Khan.

Can’t see why Canelo would want to fight anywhere other than America.

Not only does he have massive support out there, but he earns far more there, than he could earn fighting here, regardless if it’s a stadium or not.

Back