• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great effort by Bellew early on but that KO was inevitable. **** me the Sky commentary is so biased and awful!

Usyk is the business and is now going to mop up the belts in the heavyweight division.

Great effort by Bellew early on but that KO was inevitable. **** me the Sky commentary is so biased and awful!

Usyk is the business and is now going to mop up the belts in the heavyweight division.

Like you say, brave performance but was outclassed.

Not convinced usyk will mop up the heavyweight belts, gonna have to see him fight at heavyweight a couple of times before I make my mind up.

Totally agree, that’s the Mayweather affect that. Look at Gevonta Davis.

Yeah possibly. I mean, for a young impressionable kid growing up around that lavish lifestyle, being constantly hyped, It’s sure to take a toll.

But I think Broner’s problems stem from his own mental instability though. His behaviour away from the ring has been well publicised, and it’s abundantly clear that it’s not the behaviour of a person who is sound in body and mind.

As this draws closer, I get more worried for Tyson.

I still think this fight has come too soon for him, and he needed at least another two warm-up fights before hand.

I really, really hope I’m wrong.

How does he win? Well, simply he needs to make this a “boring” (tactical) fight. Forget slug fests & brawling, as it’s too risky. Wilder has the advantage over him when it comes to shootouts. However, Fury has advantage when it comes to technique & being tactically aware.

He’s got to use every inch of his frame to bully Wilder when they get in close. At every opportunity, he needs to lean on him, push him around, hold him down & sap his energy.

His footwork needs to be liquid gold. Fury has to stop Wilder planting his feet. This will keep him off balance. If he’s off balance, he won’t be able to throw those wild, windmilling hayemakers, that he loves so much. How does he do this? Keep moving. Don’t stay still. Just as he did against Wlad. Keep moving around the ring, keep that distance between them, and don’t allow Wilder to get in close.

For offence, as boring as it seems, Fury needs to keep him on the end of the jab, and land meaningful counters. Wilder’s accuracy isn’t the best, and he’s prone to missing those big overhand hayemakers, that’s when Tyson needs to counter. I really don’t want to see these two meet in the middle of the ring & swing it out, as that will be detrimental for Fury.

My midweek prediction is that Wilder will win a very controversial split decision. Although that might change after the weigh-in.

As this draws closer, I get more worried for Tyson.

I still think this fight has come too soon for him, and he needed at least another two warm-up fights before hand.

I really, really hope I’m wrong.

How does he win? Well, simply he needs to make this a “boring” (tactical) fight. Forget slug fests & brawling, as it’s too risky. Wilder has the advantage over him when it comes to shootouts. However, Fury has advantage when it comes to technique & being tactically aware.

He’s got to use every inch of his frame to bully Wilder when they get in close. At every opportunity, he needs to lean on him, push him around, hold him down & sap his energy.

His footwork needs to be liquid gold. Fury has to stop Wilder planting his feet. This will keep him off balance. If he’s off balance, he won’t be able to throw those wild, windmilling hayemakers, that he loves so much. How does he do this? Keep moving. Don’t stay still. Just as he did against Wlad. Keep moving around the ring, keep that distance between them, and don’t allow Wilder to get in close.

For offence, as boring as it seems, Fury needs to keep him on the end of the jab, and land meaningful counters. Wilder’s accuracy isn’t the best, and he’s prone to missing those big overhand hayemakers, that’s when Tyson needs to counter. I really don’t want to see these two meet in the middle of the ring & swing it out, as that will be detrimental for Fury.

My midweek prediction is that Wilder will win a very controversial split decision. Although that might change after the weigh-in.

I agree that this could be too soon for Fury,

Can't call it but if it goes the distance I can't see anything other than a Fury win, or a massively massively controversial corrupt decision. If I was putting money on it I'd go for a Wilder KO. Want Fury to win it and think he's the better guy but like GBJ I don't think his preparation is up to scratch for a fighter as good as Wilder

I agree that this could be too soon for Fury,

Can't call it but if it goes the distance I can't see anything other than a Fury win, or a massively massively controversial corrupt decision. If I was putting money on it I'd go for a Wilder KO. Want Fury to win it and think he's the better guy but like GBJ I don't think his preparation is up to scratch for a fighter as good as Wilder

This is the bit that worries me. Winning a points decision away from home is always difficult.

One thing I forgot to include, was the fact that Fury’s stamina & fitness has always been fairly good. I just have a slight doubt over it this time. If he starts gassing, then it will become target practice for Wilder. I really hope Fury’s been preparing for more than 12 rounds.

This is the bit that worries me. Winning a points decision away from home is always difficult.

One thing I forgot to include, was the fact that Fury’s stamina & fitness has always been fairly good. I just have a slight doubt over it this time. If he starts gassing, then it will become target practice for Wilder. I really hope Fury’s been preparing for more than 12 rounds.

He did it in Germany.

Speaking of points decisions did you see the shocking scorecards for the Yafai fight in Monaco?

He did it in Germany.

Speaking of points decisions did you see the shocking scorecards for the Yafai fight in Monaco?

The win in Germany was as rare as affordable healthcare in ‘Murica.

And ‘Murica isn’t much better for away fighters, especially when the home guy is one of their own.

Nah didn’t watch the show. Any good?

Back