• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The win in Germany was as rare as affordable healthcare in ‘Murica.

And ‘Murica isn’t much better for away fighters, especially when the home guy is one of their own.

Nah didn’t watch the show. Any good?

It was alright but the Yafai fight was really close and the scoring went 117-111 and two 116-112. Dave Caldwell had Gonzalez winning and Johnny Nelson agreed it was a lot closer and Gonzalez probably nicked it. As usual Carl Froch had it Yafai wide. It was shocking scoring of the highest order.

It was alright but the Yafai fight was really close and the scoring went 117-111 and two 116-112. Dave Caldwell had Gonzalez winning and Johnny Nelson agreed it was a lot closer and Gonzalez probably nicked it. As usual Carl Froch had it Yafai wide. It was shocking scoring of the highest order.

Meh, the Matchroom crowd have to tow the official party line or face the consequences. McCrory was about the only decent one, who’d regularly go against the grain. I used to love listen to Jonny Nelson’s assesments & analysis. Nowadays they’re generic & predictable. I also liked Woodhall, who would call it as he saw it, which didn’t go down too well. No wonder he jumped ship

One of the worst I can remember was Nick Halling trying to convince the viewing public that during their PPV fight, both Tommy Coyle & Luke Campbell were actually world level fighters... despite not actually previously fighting anyone other than domestic level tomato cans.

That one still hurts me today actually. Felt my blood pressure rising just typing it out.

I was perusing Twitter, when I saw a tweet from Frank Warren saying “THINGS JUST GOT SERIOUS”, and a short video from the final presser.

Expectedly, I got excited. I really needn’t have bothered.

From what people are saying, it appears that there are still an abundance of tickets left for the fight at The Staples Centre. So an educated guess tells me this is a bit of a promotional hype job, rather than anything real. It’s mildly entertaining, but it’s not Larry Holmes climbing on top of a limousine, running the length of it & proceeding to fly through the air and drop kick Trevor Berbick.

I’ve seen people say that Fury looked nervous, and Wilder looks like he’s lost his head. Truth is, I still think they’re in promotion mode. You can’t truly read anything into it, as it’s all pantomime.

I don’t expect them to get fully into fight mode until Friday, and the weigh-in. It’ll be interesting to see what mind states they are in then, and if they’ll give us any clues as to what to expect.

I was perusing Twitter, when I saw a tweet from Frank Warren saying “THINGS JUST GOT SERIOUS”, and a short video from the final presser.

Expectedly, I got excited. I really needn’t have bothered.

From what people are saying, it appears that there are still an abundance of tickets left for the fight at The Staples Centre. So an educated guess tells me this is a bit of a promotional hype job, rather than anything real. It’s mildly entertaining, but it’s not Larry Holmes climbing on top of a limousine, running the length of it & proceeding to fly through the air and drop kick Trevor Berbick.

I’ve seen people say that Fury looked nervous, and Wilder looks like he’s lost his head. Truth is, I still think they’re in promotion mode. You can’t truly read anything into it, as it’s all pantomime.

I don’t expect them to get fully into fight mode until Friday, and the weigh-in. It’ll be interesting to see what mind states they are in then, and if they’ll give us any clues as to what to expect.

If you follow the thread on Tweet, you don't have to scroll far before there's a picture of them both post-head-to-head, sitting next to each other chilling out.

If you follow the thread on Tweet, you don't have to scroll far before there's a picture of them both post-head-to-head, sitting next to each other chilling out.

I’ve never seen an issue with that. To the casuals who don’t know it gets them excited and helps them sell a few more tickets and get a few more hits on social media. Lewis v Tyson look how that all kicked off and how they were after the fight. Haye v Bellew the ‘genuine needle’ between them they’re good mates always have and always will be. It’s all about selling the fight and I like that circus side of things. Obviously there is genuine needle with some fighters so they sell themselves.

Teofimo Lopez, remember that name you heard it here first :Winking2:

This will help you out. He’s fighting next weekend on the Loma Pedraza Card.

I mentioned a few days ago that I had a bad feeling about this fight going to the judges scorecards.

Seems to be universally accepted by ex-pro’s, pundits & fans alike, that Tyson Fury has been robbed tonight.

As an independent, I actually thought it was a fair result on the whole, but then again i know nothing.

I thought Fury defo had the 1st 4 opening rounds comfortably in the bag, a couple you could call a draw, and Wilder had the latter share of the closing rounds.
Bearing in mind it was in the USA, I always thought if it came down to points, Tyson would lose the bout, so a draw seems like a win to me.

Interesting comments about the re-match, 100% from Tyson, and yet Wilder said it might not be my next fight.... (possibly suggesting a fight against AJ on the cards beforehand?)

That being said, take a look at judge Alejandro Rochin's scorecard.... (especially the first 4 rounds).......What fight was he watching??

DtZBDLQXQAAzXnF.jpg

Last edited:
On the other hand, you could say Wilder should have won it, if Robert Tappers basic mathematics skills were correct, we should wonder about if some judges could be called into question...

102 + 10 = 110 ??

0537b6db-eb71-4eac-bce5-3c0c092d0ec2.jpg

1543732543059.gif

Last edited:
The fix was on from the get go.

Being really, really generous, out of the 12 rounds you could probably give Wilder 4 rounds max. I personally gave him 3.

This result is up there with Ward - Kovalev 1 & Golovkin - Canelo 1.

Paulie Malignaggi appreantly lost his **** whilst doing commentary for Showtime, to the point he refused to even analyse the replays because the decision was so farcical

Being really, really generous, out of the 12 rounds you could probably give Wilder 4 rounds max. I personally gave him 3.

Paulie Malignaggi appreantly lost his **** whilst doing commentary for Showtime, to the point he refused to even analyse the replays because the decision was so farcical

Agree with that. I had Fury winning 115-111 on my card, and I thought I was being generous to Wilder. Paulie was ****ed.

Well that was your usual USA score card bull****! I had Fury winning that 114-112, you could only give Wilder the two 10-8 and I gave him two 10-9’s.

I’d like to know if a rematch was written into the contract for a draw or if Shelley Finkel will go grovelling to Hearn for that April fight at Wembley. They will have realised that they dodged a bullet here and if they go again with proper judging and another full camp Fury beats Wilder again.

He has proved all the doubters wrong and to get up from that second knock down was incredible!

WAR FURY!!!!

Love Paulie.....

Well that was your usual USA score card bull****! I had Fury winning that 114-112, you could only give Wilder the two 10-8 and I gave him two 10-9’s.

I’d like to know if a rematch was written into the contract for a draw or if Shelley Finkel will go grovelling to Hearn for that April fight at Wembley. They will have realised that they dodged a bullet here and if they go again with proper judging and another full camp Fury beats Wilder again.

He has proved all the doubters wrong and to get up from that second knock down was incredible!

WAR FURY!!!!

I think you are right, next fight will be AJ for deontay now. He has 2 pay days left a loss to AJ then a loss to Fury IMO. But he does have that punch so its no foregone conclusion.

Haven't seen anything like the 12th round knockdown. He looked out cold for 5 secs then up instantly with no shaky legs or anything.

Glad I got up early for it, was a very entertaining fight.

Haha Paulie is probably the best commentator/pundit around tody. Even during his time with Matchroom, he wasn’t afraid to call it fairly, which usually is a big no-no for Matchroom staff.

Still haven’t got my head round this fight yet. Boxing really is a **** sport when you think about it. The level of greed, corruption & cheating has made the game a laughing stock. Basically, it doesn’t matter how good you are, or whether you deserve it, it depends on what the powers-that-be want, and whether they can line their already deep pockets with even more cash.

Anyway, some general points I took away from the fight:

- Fury showed why his name deserves to be in the mix when the topic of ‘current best heavyweight’ crops up. Go back a few months & the general consensus was that the choice was between only two.

- For Fury to be that size & that weight, he shouldn’t be able to move like he does. If he could throw bombs, then I truly believe we’d be talking about a future ATG.

- It shows that Fury’s been working with Ricky Hatton, as he’s adopted the same awkward half-step feint that Hatton used to use.

- Despite winning the fight clearly IMO, I still want to see Fury do more. I wanted him to be more aggressive at times & let his hands go, although I do realise that wasn’t the game plan (as I predicted a few days ago)

- Wilder proves what many had been saying for a long time. He is a very limited fighter, who possesses one dangerous punch, and not a lot else. His timing is especially crap.

- Fury managed to get 12 rounds (and one miraculous recovery) under his belt. That will do him the world of good. He needs to keep busy now, and not let that momentum slip.

- Got to be honest, I’m not that interested in a rematch, unless it’s held in this country. Anywhere else & you’re asking for trouble.

- This leaves AJ in a precarious situation. If he ends up facing Whyte/Chisora/Miller at Wembley next, then he & his belts risk falling into obscurity, (on an international level at least). Fans want to see the best face the best. AJ/Hearn ain’t interested in that, and they’re certainly not interested in facing either Wilder or Fury yet.

Back