• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maybe Pittsburgh, but I can't see it at the moment especially as they'll be away, the Ravens might have the defence if everyone is fit but just havent' the offensive firepower, maybe the Colts will rebound stronger. There's still plenty of time for players to get injured and stars to emerge.

Speaking of Pittsburgh, they've got a relatively easy run-in. Yesterday's Racing Post printed a list of all the NFL teams in order of the supposed difficulty of their remaining games.

So, Detroit were top as their remaining opponents have a combined win/loss record of 42-21. Pittsburgh were fourth bottom on 24-39.

Arizona have ostensibly the easiest one at 22-39, but they'll need more than that to be in the post-season shake-up.

American Football is surely the gayest sport ever.........

How can any of you seriously discuss this sh1te, 2 mins of rehearsed play and 20 mins of adverts

American Football is surely the gayest sport ever.........

How can any of you seriously discuss this sh1te, 2 mins of rehearsed play and 20 mins of adverts

If you don't like the sport, why bother visiting the thread? :confused: That's an old Xabia Shrimper trick....

Didn't even realise C5 showed NFL.

Sky were showing the over-rated NY Giants against the inconsistent Lions, with the more interesting Jackonsville-San Diego on interactive.

The Bengals were 7-0 up and seemingly cruising when Carson Palmer threw an interception that was returned 55 yards for a TD. They trail 21-13 at half-time.

Big half-time news is that the Dolphins are winning, albeit only 7-3. Hang your heads in shame Phillie.

My team are on now taking on the Indians.....

Think the centre needs to get a grip, preferably of the ball and perhaps a hearing aid!

With San Diego and Kansas City both losing yesterday, the Broncos need to capitalize and beat up on an inconsistent Titans team tonight. The Donkeys have been terrible much of this season so the fact that they can pull even with the Chargers in the standings with a win shows how bad the AFC West is this year.

With San Diego and Kansas City both losing yesterday, the Broncos need to capitalize and beat up on an inconsistent Titans team tonight. The Donkeys have been terrible much of this season so the fact that they can pull even with the Chargers in the standings with a win shows how bad the AFC West is this year.

For UK viewers, that's the game live on five tonight.

I think Carson Palmer decided that the Bengals need top 5 draft picks next season as he threw 4 picks, two of which were returned for TDs (and a 3rd of which was called back for an illegal block). Most un-Carson like. Its annoying that the Bengals are so poor this season as their divisional rivals are all faltering, with the Steelers even losing to the Jets.

Good to see the Bears get beat by the Seahawks.

With the Colts needing a last gasp field goal to scrape past Kansas to get back to winning ways, the Pats are still looking head and shoulders above everyone at the moment.

Imagine my delight to find the Bills match with New England was on sky live last night. Skyplussed it and sat down to watch tonight. 1st Play Bills throw for about 20 yards, second run for no gain, third interception. Then it got worse. 2 Pats tds in their first two possessions. 56-10 final score. Is Brady the greatest QB ever to play in the NFL?

Imagine my delight to find the Bills match with New England was on sky live last night. Skyplussed it and sat down to watch tonight. 1st Play Bills throw for about 20 yards, second run for no gain, third interception. Then it got worse. 2 Pats tds in their first two possessions. 56-10 final score. Is Brady the greatest QB ever to play in the NFL?

That was the game shown on channel 5 too. I was impressed with how easy the pats made the game look,especially offense. 5's coverage of a live game, imo, is ace - a) mike carlson{up there with john madden in terms of knowledge & banter imo} b)no adverts.

not a massive fan of kevin cadle and the sky team, though that english pundit who speaks like Partridge is entertaining for that very reason .

On current form that looks like the logical match-up but theres often a surprise or two when it becomes knock out,ie the playoffs. Who knows?

Certainly up there, but I think that he's got a much better line to work behind than others had that he would be compared to.

I agree with that, I put Tom Brady in the same class as Joe Montana in that he is fortunate to be playing for a great team and in a system that shows his strengths and hides his weaknesses. Don't get me wrong, I think that both Montana and Brady were/are great, but I don't think I'd rate either in the top 5 QBs of my lifetime.

Who's your top 5 then? Do you judge a QB by his success at leading sides to victory or his personal stats. ?

Cowboys v Patriots for the Superbowl final.
Pats no question, how about the Pack sneaking in there?
Do you judge a QB by his success at leading sides to victory or his personal stats.
For me Brady just seems to be able to get the job done regardless of the opposition or the injuries to his own team.

Back