• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Found this little gem of a quote on the Southend Yahoo email group.
Take from a Bradford blog (I assume it's www.boyfrombrazil.co.uk)

Certainly the racist Southend fans who left me threatening messages on my answerphone following the Donovan Ricketts sending off and the ructions that followed would be able to make a weekend of the trip to Bradford but never are the whole collection of football supporters represented by the thoughts and actions of a subset.

Now, I don't usually condone threatening messages but if my memory serves me right, didn't this guy seem to have it in for our support after the disgusting actions of his team's goalkeeper in getting himself sent off?

For Southend fans to be called racist is shocking considering the number of for want of a better term "ethnic" players who have represented us well over recent years. Same with the Spurs idiots who spent 2 games making pikey references to Freddy and our support but cried "foul" when a couple of our guys got ejected for presumably ant-Semetic comments.

Must be something to do with the Yorkshire air that makes bloggers delusional, first that ClarkeOneNil muppet and now this guy...

I recall having a long exchange of emails with the BoysfromBrazil chap after the Ricketts incident and IIRC he had nothing to support his claims of rascist abuse other than Ricketts mumbling something about being abused (which he most certainly was but it wasn't racial as I believe that all creeds can, and probably do, masturbate) , the eviction of Fat Nick from the SU when Ricketts was maintaing it came from the lower ! and that he reckoned he heard it !

The bloke is a bell-end who , like a lot of folk, lets his love for his club blinker all aspects of reality

When Saturday Comes article about the incident- tries to be even-handed and is more about highlighting the FA's handling of the incident, or non-incident. Interesting comment about Millwall's visit to Bradford a few years earlier.
Easy to throw mud about.

To be fair to the guy, taking it in context he insinuated that the Southend fans who called him were racist, not every Southend fan.

I recall having a long exchange of emails with the BoysfromBrazil chap after the Ricketts incident and IIRC he had nothing to support his claims of rascist abuse other than Ricketts mumbling something about being abused (which he most certainly was but it wasn't racial as I believe that all creeds can, and probably do, masturbate) , the eviction of Fat Nick from the SU when Ricketts was maintaing it came from the lower ! and that he reckoned he heard it !

The bloke is a bell-end who , like a lot of folk, lets his love for his club blinker all aspects of reality

Yes I exchanged a few emails with him, the whole thing was exacerbated by their then then manager Colin Todd jumping on the bandwagon. Ricketts was an utter idiot who got himself sent off. Dean Windass caused much hilarity by filling the goal sideways,rather than vertically.

Remember it all kicking off at the time, I used to post on another forum at the time and there was a Bradford fan who had a sig proclaiming SOothend fans to be racist quite amusing really.

There were some blokes in the South Upper shouting racist remarks at our players. these were so called Southend fans.

Back