• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't appear to be on it although I suppose I could be anywhere from Suffolk to Dover if it's only accurate to 100 miles!

Zooming in, who is logging in from a boat off Southend beach?

I am not sure how it works yet..I have asked our US friend to explain.

OK here is the best explanation you can get:

spacer.gif

How accurate are your GeoIP databases?

Our GeoIP databases are 99.8% accurate on a country level, 90% accurate on a state level, and 83% accurate for the US within a 25 mile radius. For more details on our city coverage, see GeoIP City Coverage and Accuracy

We arrive at the accuracy figure by checking known IP address and location pairs against our database. We obtain the known IP location pairs from sites that ask the web visitor to provide their geographic location. The geographic location along with the web visitor's IP Address is forwarded to us.

Sorry I was wrong. It is 25 miles not 100. There is also a link there that will tell how accurate each country is.

Very nice. I like that a lot.

Although I feel quite lonely being the only person in the whole of Ireland....

So as per Kevin's explanation..it will take a few days for Google to catch up.

Want this only show the location of the IP service providers server? Not your actual location.

Want this only show the location of the IP service providers server? Not your actual location.
Dunno about that. I appear to be in a small village just outside Gloucester. In fact Millin Avenue, Tuffley to be precise.

Don’t tell my boss who thinks I’m at my desk in Chelmsford! :p

I don't mean to alarm anybody, but according to the map there's an administrator who resides in the Houses of Parliament.

It is based on your internet server and IP number and the explanation below given by Kevin

OK here is the best explanation you can get:

spacer.gif

How accurate are your GeoIP databases?

Our GeoIP databases are 99.8% accurate on a country level, 90% accurate on a state level, and 83% accurate for the US within a 25 mile radius. For more details on our city coverage, see GeoIP City Coverage and Accuracy

We arrive at the accuracy figure by checking known IP address and location pairs against our database. We obtain the known IP location pairs from sites that ask the web visitor to provide their geographic location. The geographic location along with the web visitor's IP Address is forwarded to us.

Sorry I was wrong. It is 25 miles not 100. There is also a link there that will tell how accurate each country is.

I want to believe that our guest in Moscow is a real person and not a Bot.

In most cases that will be correct. Unless you have a dedicated IP address or ISP who are willing to dish out IP details which will most likely be regional not exact. Im in London but my internet gets routed through the US as working for a US company.

Yorkshire Blue's IP is based in the USA.....shame he hasn't followed it...;)

Back