• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

laugh.gif
fair point
biggrin.gif

Hehe.

Andee - you can't blame her really, can you!?

Ken - good point, well made.

Todd - see you on the sidelines tomorrow.

Night all,

x

I know the expression cant change a winning side but technically we only won once Freddie and especially in this case Wayne Gray came on...must be a good headache for Tilly to have though with a choice of 4 strikers

I don't believe I read through nine pages of that....!

On the subject of strikers, we have to play the strikers in form, as people say. Freddy will get his chance eventually, trouble is his life's being made difficult by Wayne's excellent form this year!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Sep. 25 2005,00:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Sep. 25 2005,00:20)]I guess that like of other posters ORM's posts have been misinterpreted.
BC you know, as well as I do, ORM always posts total dollocks.
My management is no better than the quality of my posts either Ken
down.gif

tounge.gif

Apologise if this has been said already but I would be more p%&sed off if Freddy did not have the hump about being sub.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 24 2005,19:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Sep. 24 2005,19:25)]i wanna see tilly give him a chance. he got banned but we all know he is top quality, give him at least a half and let him do the business, we dont wanna sell him so we need to keep him happy, and then only way is to give him some games.
b******s. We start losing games or the forwards stop scoring goals then Eastwood gets his chance. If he continues to display petulance he'll continue to stew on the sidelines and the longer that continues the better, because it means the Goat, Gray or Lawson are doing the business.

Get over this Eastwood star player s%&t. We have four decent forwards amongst a great squad of players. If he wants to list himself and get first team football we'd be better of without him.
errmmm okay

freddie hasn't shown petulance in my opinion. the suspension was stupid but since that he has worked hard in training, put in performances in the reserves and when given 10min run-outs. each time he has really added to the game.
Lawson is quality, and i agree about picking players on form, not past record but we are playing a teenager and 35year old striker who i both think are in need of a match out. gray and eastwood both look fit and sharp and i think can 1 or the other will be an improvement along side the goat, or even let them both start. we aint trying to fix a team that isnt broken, but i think we can improve, playing strikers that take the pressure of the flanks and back 4 will help our promotion challange!

Well, I have read all 9 pages of this post and I have come to the conclusion that we should ....................VOTE STEVE. Long live the Colonel!

Read a most of these posts and I cant believe this is even a discussion point. The team has just won five on the bounce, why in God's name would you change the team, no matter who has just come back from injury and suspension??

At the end of the day the Goat and Lawson have done extremely well together, and the notion that either of them need a rest is the strangest thing ive heard all season, why do they need a rest? They have only played 4/5 games together, if they need resting after that they shouldnt be playing football.

You clearly didnt see Saturdays game otherwise there is no way you would have said either of them needed a game out, Lawson in my opinion had his best game for us on Saturday, and the Goat led the line impreccably, even if he should have bagged himself a brace or two!

Freddie will get his chance when the two up fron inevitably run out of form, or the team tails off a bit, but at the moment, he isnt even third choice in my opinion, hes well behind The Next Pele at the moment, hes the one who is justified in saying to Tilly that I should be playing... 3 goals in his last two sub appearances.... not bad!!

Im sorry, but the team is buzzing at the moment, and if Tilly dropped the players who have put us second in the league then that would be a huge slap in the face for them, and a huge mistake for Tilly, who in my opinion, is now far to acute to do that.

God - That took a while. Is it me or even when we are playing the best we have in a long while. Have a team unity that no one can rival. Have players that most teams in the league would love to have. Have one of the greatest young english managers at the helm and are getting more recognised as a very good team across the country we still find something to moan about!

Guys - As you all are aware eventually they will come a time when it gets a bit sticky then we can have the odd pop. But tomorrow night we have the chance to go top of League 1!! Who would of thought that this time last year!! Enjoy it while it lasts. Heres to the Mighty Blues. Up the football league we go...........

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Sep. 26 2005,13:20)]Have players that most teams in the league would love to have.
Not Ray Harford, apparently - who in this article damns us with faint praise...

Sheffield Star - Mick's Blast

Notable are these comments:

<span style='color:blue'>&quot;We had a chat and the harsh truth is that we were not good enough,&quot; he said.

&quot;At the end of the day, it is all about winning, but I can accept losing if you get well beaten by a better side. But we need to show a lot more heart, a lot more spirit - that performance was not acceptable...

&quot;Credit Southend, they did a job on us and they&#39;ve shown they&#39;re not a bad side.&quot;
</span>

upside.gif

Ooooh, doesn&#39;t it hurt when you get beaten by lil&#39; ol&#39; Southend. Long may our side, our players and our manager continue to be underestimated by our rivals and long may teams be unprepared for us, just like Brian Little was...

<span style='color:red'>&quot;At the moment teams like Swansea, Scunthorpe and Southend are running on a little bit of the unknown - people not knowing their players very well,&quot; said the Rovers boss.

&quot;When we went to Bournemouth every one of our players knew their people inside out. We went to Swansea, Scunthorpe and Southend and our players were asking questions all the time about the opposition.&quot;
</span>

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Made me chuckle.

Maybe they should use, I don&#39;t know, think they may be called scouts to asses our teams strengths and negatives before they play us.

rock.gif

Oh, and so if we are beating teams coz we are unknown entities - what about the teams we play. We are in the same boat as they are. Maybe because we have a well organised backroom staff who know their stuff (special mention to Brushy) we are in a better position to beat the so called &#39;bigger teams&#39; (laugh once more). I wish these people would wae up and realise that when we get our game on we can beat anyone in this league. We are not this poor club we once were. But of course these rival managers would not relaise that because they obvipsuly did not see much League 2 football last season. Maybe Mick Harford should start watching it - needs to get to know the teams for when he is down there next season&#33;&#33;

Maybe its not all out players. Maybe its just Goater who hs that mysterious mystique around him. Because I guess no one has ever heard or seen him before. No idea what to expect from the man&#33;&#33;

rock.gif
cool.gif

Back