• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 24 2005,21:12)]Ok, I'm only going to say this one last time and still want someone to come up with a decent response that doesn't involve them creaming their underpants just at the very mention of the word Freddy.

We are winning, we are second in the division and we have achieved that (largely) without Freddy ? Why bring him into the starting line up at the moment ?
OK, i'm gonna answer you;
Eastwood was unlucky to get sent off when he did.
Eastwood is our most exciting striker to watch
Eastwood has got great acceleration
Eastwood can take players on and subsiquently draw in extra defenders.
We are winning but that is surely down to the midfield which has clicked rather than the goater/lawson partnership.
Both of these have been ok over the last few games but match winners?
Dont get me wrong, i'm not slating them but i just think we could be even better.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Sep. 24 2005,20:21)]And no smart-arse comments about how we didn't have one before.
Ya-boo sucks!
tounge.gif

Jester- You never, ever leave your wingman. Top Gun, 1986.

Translated into football speak roughly equals- You never, ever change a winning team (unless you have to accommodate Maher 8
biggrin.gif
)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 24 2005,21:31)]Oh, and if people want my opinion on what's is REALLY sad here goes. Why the f%&k are there nearly 40 people on here on a Saturday night ? I have no life, I accept that. What's your excuses ?
I would be at my bird's with her instead of on here, but her family was in and she didn't want me round.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bertiebigbanana @ Sep. 24 2005,21:09)]Bottom line is, for all his effort, lawson aint nothing special & goater, for all his experience, is an occasional player.. Eastwood should be starting games not coming on with a few minutes to go.
Right, I disagree with all of this but just don't know where to start. We all know what a good player Goater has been through out his career, his incredible scoring record speaks, nay shouts, for itself. He's also scored 5 goals this year in, what, 8 games? Not exactly, bit part or past it.

Lawson has come in to the team when we thought there was no-one else. I've seen a lot of young players make full debuts for Southend and I can only think of one better one, a certain F. Eastwood. To describe him as 'nothing special' is a joke. One Southend player seemed to be commended for his performance on the Millers Mad site and this was Lawson. When you get praise from the opposition, as a striker and one a day where your team scored four but you got none, I think you must have something about you.

Oh, hang on, someone has been overlooked in all this. Oh yes, that's right, it's the club's joint top scorer and a player who had a hand in every single goal we scored for about 5 games before getting injured. Yes, that's right, there is life after the other three strikers and his name is Wayne Gray. He also scored twice in about ten minutes today.

In absolute contrast, Eastwood looked jaded and shot of confidence this season which was surprising when compared with pre-season reports of vibrant displays. IMO, he looked very fresh againt Tranmere and may well ahve done today but no player should be walking back in to a team that has worked it's way up to second in the league with a 5 game winning streak, a feat we haven't achieved since we got promoted out of this league last time round.

No, players have to earn a place in a successful team. Select players on form not ability.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Sep. 24 2005,21:32)]Jester- You never, ever leave your wingman. Top Gun, 1986.

Translated into football speak roughly equals- You never, ever change a winning team (unless you have to accommodate Maher 8
biggrin.gif
)
eh?
How does that translate then?
If your gonna quote cheesy films, at least get them close!
(6 and counting)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 24 2005,20:31)]What's your excuses ?
Payday is Friday. I want to get back for the Yeovil game on Tuesday, so I can't afford to go out and (try to) pull a skip-rat.*

Skip-rat- term for Col******r female who frequents the Hippopdrome (aka Skipperdrome) nightclub.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 24 2005,21:31)]Oh, and if people want my opinion on what's is REALLY sad here goes. Why the f%&k are there nearly 40 people on here on a Saturday night ? I have no life, I accept that. What's your excuses ?
I may go with the no life option combined with realising how much it's going to cost me to go to Canada and how I shouldn't be spending my wage each week!

(transl. "I have no life and won't admit it")

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 24 2005,21:36)]No, players have to earn a place in a successful team.  Select players on form not ability.
Fair enough, cant grumble too much with what you said. However,
I still feel that on a 1 to 1 basis, freddie offers more than lawson.
on a 1 to 1 basis, wayne offers more than lawson.
Goater is a different kettle of fish but is very off & on.
Bottom line is, I think that lawson is a great prospect, but he aint no wayne rooney. therefore, play the men before the boys.

'If he continues to display petulance he'll continue to stew on the sidelines...'
I think this could well be jumping the gun little as we don't know for sure that Freddy is displaying any 'petulance'. He could just be a player who is a lot happier when he is playing and scoring goals. Doesn't seem too much wrong with that...

[b said:
no excuse needed. violated the missus, left her exhausted, chilling out!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mwellington @ Sep. 24 2005,21:46)]'If he continues to display petulance he'll continue to stew on the sidelines...'
I think this could well be jumping the gun little as we don't know for sure that Freddy is displaying any 'petulance'. He could just be a player who is a lot happier when he is playing and scoring goals. Doesn't seem too much wrong with that...
I do completely agree with this.

Think it's funny how this has all stemmed from one comment from one fan about one incident where he didn't look happy.

laugh.gif

Well, it beats arguing about ticket bookings!

unclesam.gif

2nd in the league....having a laugh!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bertiebigbanana @ Sep. 24 2005,21:52)]Oh, and i like that bloke in spain!
laugh.gif

I like your wit/style of posts.

Can't believe I just paid a compliment on here. Should probably lie down and think of 4-2 wins away from home.

ghostface.gif

On a separate note, Rotherham fans are gutted. I think we have destroyed their aspirations and they are slating everyone in the team, particularly the centre backs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 24 2005,21:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (bertiebigbanana @ Sep. 24 2005,21:52)]Oh, and i like that bloke in spain!
laugh.gif

I like your wit/style of posts.

Can't believe I just paid a compliment on here.  Should probably lie down and think of 4-2 wins away from home.

ghostface.gif

On a separate note, Rotherham fans are gutted.  I think we have destroyed their aspirations and they are slating everyone in the team, particularly the centre backs.
as long as thats all your gonna think of 'big boy'

Back