• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Very happy with this signing.

Been impressed with Barker in the games I've seen, and it appears he is doing well at centre half as well.

Very good signing. Composed and experienced.

In my opinion he's better at CB as he's now lacking the pace to play full back.

yeah really happy to have him on board. an experienced head who will be a real help in the dressing room. i like him as centre back personally.

Delighted with that. Makes me wonder if we really needed one from Phillips/Prosser/Coughlan in hindsight.
Coughlan isn't here just for his playing ability, and if you saw him in preseason, he was immense. Phillips and Prosser prior to Port Vale had hardly put a foot wrong, Barker however seems to have come into his own along Mohsni and whilst I've been quite happy with him at LB, his lack of pace is less likely to be exploited at CB. He looks calm and composed and rarely takes chances, and I'm really pleased that he's signed.

Coughlan isn't here just for his playing ability, and if you saw him in preseason, he was immense. Phillips and Prosser prior to Port Vale had hardly put a foot wrong, Barker however seems to have come into his own along Mohsni and whilst I've been quite happy with him at LB, his lack of pace is less likely to be exploited at CB. He looks calm and composed and rarely takes chances, and I'm really pleased that he's signed.

This is pretty much how I see coughlans role for us, he does a bit of coaching and seems to 'buzz around' the team/squad an experienced old pro

I think plymouth paid him a lump sum to leave and southend have offered him a much lesser wage.

Equally important for me would be the signing of simpson who has been immense

Great signing, tremendous bit of business 2 years on a free. Probably a more important signing than a 20+ striker.

I'm slightly concerned about how we're affording this but as others have said hopefully Plymouth are subsidising one way or the other.

I've only seen Barker once and he was rubbish but that appears to have been very much the exception so I'm pleased to have him here. It does seem to leave us with one too many centre-backs though.

I'm slightly concerned about how we're affording this but as others have said hopefully Plymouth are subsidising one way or the other.

I've only seen Barker once and he was rubbish but that appears to have been very much the exception so I'm pleased to have him here. It does seem to leave us with one too many centre-backs though.

It's a slight concern with me as well, but I get the impression that Coughlan has been brought here as a coach first and player second and should be treated as such... He's willing to help out should the need arise (i.e. The Vale game where Gilbert and Moshni weren't ready and Phillips had a knock), but he's in the side to organise the defence.

I'd like to see Johnny, Johnny Herd go out on loan, too.

Coughlan specifically said to the Echo that the coaching was a bonus and that he's come here as a player.

Coughlan specifically said to the Echo that the coaching was a bonus and that he's come here as a player.

Then, yes, we're probably carrying one too many centre-halfs...

Christ. If you told me I'd be saying that two months ago, I'd have thought you were crazy.

Back