• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
is the injury thing a smoke screen? Don't know who with but punches were flying one day training this week, elaborate anyone as my spy was at a distance but was pulled apart by the others!

Yeah not sure figthing each other is a sign of fighting spirit we need. We need team spirit and unity, not division within the squad.

Anyway this stuff happens all the time, doesnt always mean anything.

wiggy 100% correct, corr took hummidge from a hard tackle in training and had to puled off an other, (dont knwo who) my man said that it happened infront of Sturrock who just carried on barking his orders at the others to carry on doing what they do, ( aman that clearly has seen and done it all beofre in the pro game) apparently from the my understanding he is a bit prone to all this tsuff. Now I say firstly that non of us really know what goes on at other clubs, but it happeneds quite a few times down at the training ground over the years and im sure it happenes every where, I am from the 'couldnt give a **** if they fight each other gang its a mans sport pleayed by men and if it means there is passion involved then I am quite happy' Macca nad Bailey eys bailey bashed macca but they were still best mates,
I still find it rather offensive the stick some of you (usaul suspects) gave kevin maher for having at tear up with mousser, as again who G A F............ i would rather have a team with abit of passion and back bone about themsleves any day

Storrock obviously knows his stuff and has dealed with it in the best way possible brush it under the carpet punish corr and get in with it

Storrock obviously knows his stuff and has dealed with it in the best way possible brush it under the carpet punish corr and get in with it
This. The other player obviously can't have a huge problem with it, the team spirit looks like it's the best it's been in years, Sturrocks dealt with it, he's been punished if your suggesting he's suspended rather than injured and now let's get on with the football.

wiggy 100% correct, corr took hummidge from a hard tackle in training and had to puled off an other, (dont knwo who) my man said that it happened infront of Sturrock who just carried on barking his orders at the others to carry on doing what they do, ( aman that clearly has seen and done it all beofre in the pro game) apparently from the my understanding he is a bit prone to all this tsuff. Now I say firstly that non of us really know what goes on at other clubs, but it happeneds quite a few times down at the training ground over the years and im sure it happenes every where, I am from the 'couldnt give a **** if they fight each other gang its a mans sport pleayed by men and if it means there is passion involved then I am quite happy' Macca nad Bailey eys bailey bashed macca but they were still best mates,
I still find it rather offensive the stick some of you (usaul suspects) gave kevin maher for having at tear up with mousser, as again who G A F............ i would rather have a team with abit of passion and back bone about themsleves any day

Very well put CIB. Agree 100%

Last edited:
I wonder if people would be reacting to this the same if we lost yesterday....would it then show unrest in the squad and they fact they aren't gelling!

Very well put CIB. Agree 100%

Also agreed. Throw a bunch of competitive people into competitive situations and someone somewhere's going to overdo it. It's a by-product of attracting winners. What's important is that any ill-feeling is dealt with effectively and not allowed to affect team spirit.

Pringlejon said:
I wonder if people would be reacting to this the same if we lost yesterday....would it then show unrest in the squad and they fact they aren't gelling!

Fair point, well made!

Yep, I would agree with that

It's no different to the ShrimperZone.com ltd Board Meetings where Cricko goes round bitch-slapping anyone who disagrees with his ideas . :punch:

It depends on how we played. We played great for most of yesterday, but if we had conceeded two in the last two mins I don't really see how that would have made anyone thinking it was because of bad team spirit becasue of somehting that happened at the training ground

It's no different to the ShrimperZone.com ltd Board Meetings where Cricko goes round bitch-slapping anyone who disagrees with his ideas . :punch:

Cricko has ideas? :stunned:

As for the Corr incident, could it have been McScriven practicing for his neat first touch in the game yesterday which almost resulted in fisty cuffs once again?

High Spirits

I was at the training ground Friday, never met Sturrock or his assistant before but they both came over to talk to us before the training started. Gained my immediate respect. Yes there was a punch up involving the tall Irish lad, Sturrock was 2 paces away, totally ignored it and let them sort themselves out, most probably the best approach. What I did find strange was the car park full of normal middle of the road cars as opposed to some of the fancy things on four wheels we have seen in the recent past.

It was a fairly straight forward pre match training session, involving crossing, finishing and keep ball.
Last seasons players were definitely better technically but this years group seem eager and keener.
Sometimes you can do far better things on pure enthusiasm and determination, only time will tell.
Sturrock definitely comes across as the gaffer and there is no "one of the boys" syndrome.

May well have a look at them again this coming week,

what are the training times that southend train at boots & laces then,lov too go and see em if time allows me...:Goal:

Back