• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Forecast is for light showers but mainly dry and windy as far as I can see - perhaps I have missed something!

Be surprised if this is called off with little rain expected between now and the game. Although there was some standing water on the pitch yesterday it will have drained away as we have a drainage system underneath the pitch put in place several years ago and never had a game called off for rain. We have extra protection with covers too. Should be a good game and crowd (for us).

Me being cynical I can see the game starting and then abandoned to ensure tickets are not refunded. The pitch sounds bad after Saturday and the weather forecast is poor with loads of rain to come. Hoping for the match to be played out as driving down from North Wales and hoping to see the return of Lee Barnard.
Could be a bad week for us if we lose to a side on a good run in Dagenham, and a team still full of confidence after promotion, in Newport managed by a determined Justin Edinburgh. Having seen one of Southends worst performances at Newport I am not hopeful.
A losing run at this time of the season could be fatal for us with 4 or 5 strong teams ahead of us.

Blimey cheer up, we have only lost 1 in about 14 games.

Of course going on a losing run will be bad, but we havent been on one for some time.

Be surprised if this is called off with little rain expected between now and the game. Although there was some standing water on the pitch yesterday it will have drained away as we have a drainage system underneath the pitch put in place several years ago and never had a game called off for rain. We have extra protection with covers too. Should be a good game and crowd (for us).

Thanks for that....

In serious doubt this game I think. More rain today - was almost called off yesterday at Daggers.

The game being called off on Tuesday night and a re-arranged date would prove rather problematic for a couple of Australian gentleman. For them and indeed anyone else who have travelled, or will travel a long distance to attend, I hope it goes ahead. From a purely Southend United point of view I can see reasons for possibly hoping for a postponement. Let's leave it in the lap of the Gods.

Its Back! - OPPOSITION WATCH - Dagenham & Redbridge (NOT a Pre match thread)

Ahead of our away trip to "The London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium", I preview the latest news coming out of the Daggers camp:

Dagenham & Redbridge staged an incredible comeback from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 with League leaders Scunthorpe United on Saturday, despite play being stopped for 10 minutes when a lightning storm took centre stage in the 84th minute. The goals coming from Abu Ogogo, Chris Dickson & Luke Norris.

Norris has recently signed for the Daggers on a youth loan from Brentford, that goal against Scunthorpe was his 10th career goal, on his Daggers debut. Norris scored 5 goals in 12 games for Northampton while on loan there earlier this season.

In other news, Rhys Murphy recently turned down a move to Peterborough United, despite reportedly being offered better wages. This shows that some players don't play just for money! Murphy has a clause in his contract which allows him to talk to other clubs.

The Daggers also recently let striker Josh Scott leave, and he has been snapped up by Skrill Premier side Aldershot Town.

More news will be added if there is any!

The game being called off on Tuesday night and a re-arranged date would prove rather problematic for a couple of Australian gentleman. For them and indeed anyone else who have travelled, or will travel a long distance to attend, I hope it goes ahead. From a purely Southend United point of view I can see reasons for possibly hoping for a postponement. Let's leave it in the lap of the Gods.

Like we have a choice?

Sorry but this belongs in the pre match thread even if you put not pre-match thread in the titled...

Because its a preview of the opposition in that match funnily enough, we dont need two threads.

Talking of Dagger and Newport game, both are sort of game that we should be winning if we want the top 3 place at the end of the season, we gotta get revenge on both side for beating us in October!!

Talking of Dagger and Newport game, both are sort of game that we should be winning if we want the top 3 place at the end of the season, we gotta get revenge on both side for beating us in October!!

Indeed, we need to have some faith and self confidence.

Dont expect to win both but 4 points should be minimum expectations if we want to keep up.

Because its a preview of the opposition in that match funnily enough, we dont need two threads.

I used to do Opposition Watch. It was never merged with Pre-Match threads then...some people actually liked it and said it was something different.

Spoil Sport.

Daggers going well again and surprised a lot of people who thought they would struggle now that John Still has moved on.Wayne Burnett doing a good job.They keep finding these good players from non league and selling them on for decent money.Should be a tough game but we must be very confident at the moment.

I'd be happy for it to be called off. Give our players more time too recover before Fridays games (and I can't make it Tuesday but would be able to for the rearranged game). Also Daggers are on a high after coming back from three down, so not a good time to be playing them IMO.

Me too.

Up the rain.

Me being cynical I can see the game starting and then abandoned to ensure tickets are not refunded. The pitch sounds bad after Saturday and the weather forecast is poor with loads of rain to come. Hoping for the match to be played out as driving down from North Wales and hoping to see the return of Lee Barnard.
Could be a bad week for us if we lose to a side on a good run in Dagenham, and a team still full of confidence after promotion, in Newport managed by a determined Justin Edinburgh. Having seen one of Southends worst performances at Newport I am not hopeful.
A losing run at this time of the season could be fatal for us with 4 or 5 strong teams ahead of us.

What a cheerful chap.

#ChillOut

I wonder if there will be any White and O'Neill news today. Happy overall with Thompson's ability but still feel that either of the other two players (if completely fit) would be slightly better options.

I wonder if there will be any White and O'Neill news today. Happy overall with Thompson's ability but still feel that either of the other two players (if completely fit) would be slightly better options.

If White is back anytime soon Im not sure why O'Neill is here ?

Back