• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Draw for Euro 2012 has taken place, I've got Holland, Turkey & Ireland in my group. Just played Ivory Coast in a friendly and won 3-0, best team performance so far & first clean sheet, Tom Cleverley has been a revelation as adv. playmaker.

That might be worth a read.

I was playing the other night and my missus walked past, I wondered what she must think of me spending hours of my life sitting in front of a computer screen caring about what happens to these little computer generated players !

Been playing the game since the very first version back in '92 on the amiga. 20 years and god knows how many hours.

Amazing really.

Just read above again and saw Slipperduke involved. Have pre-ordered so if its rubbish we have someone we can slaughter. Nice.

Should be a good read, when Im not playing the game I can read about it. The wife will love that.

That might be worth a read.

I was playing the other night and my missus walked past, I wondered what she must think of me spending hours of my life sitting in front of a computer screen caring about what happens to these little computer generated players !

Been playing the game since the very first version back in '92 on the amiga. 20 years and god knows how many hours.

Amazing really.

I'm in exactly the same boat with my missus!!

Draw for Euro 2012 has taken place, I've got Holland, Turkey & Ireland in my group. Just played Ivory Coast in a friendly and won 3-0, best team performance so far & first clean sheet, Tom Cleverley has been a revelation as adv. playmaker.

My Euro 2012 campaign was a flop, although I didn't lose and didn't even concede a goal. 0-0 with Holland, then a 1-0 win over Ireland, followed by a frustrating 0-0 with Turkey - out in the group stages. Suprisingly I didn't get sacked, and stormed my way through World Cup qualification (group: Montenegro, Ukraine, Poland, Moldova, San Marino) scoring more goals than any other team, but whenever I play a top 10 side in a friendly I lose.

My group for the WC in Brazil is Iraq, Germany & Chile. Played 3 warm up games, drawing 1-1 with Ghana at home before 2 wins on South American soil - 2-0 v Columbia, 4-0 v Peru.

My first choice team will be Hart, Walker, Baines, Jones, Caulker, Parker, Milner, Wilshere, Rooney, Welbeck, Walcott.

I'll resign if we don't make the Qtrs, esp as I don't fancy the Euro 2016 qualifying campaign, we have Spain & the Czechs in our group. :stunned:

Drastic™;1416710 said:
My group for the WC in Brazil is Iraq, Germany & Chile. Played 3 warm up games, drawing 1-1 with Ghana at home before 2 wins on South American soil - 2-0 v Columbia, 4-0 v Peru.

My first choice team will be Hart, Walker, Baines, Jones, Caulker, Parker, Milner, Wilshere, Rooney, Welbeck, Walcott.

I'll resign if we don't make the Qtrs, esp as I don't fancy the Euro 2016 qualifying campaign, we have Spain & the Czechs in our group. :stunned:

At the 2014 WC we beat Iraq 7-0, lost 2-1 to Germany & beat Chile 1-0 to progress where we met Uruguay and lost 1-0. We were outplayed but had enough chances to get a result, Uruguay went on to lift the trophy, beating Spain, Brazil & Argentina on the way.

So I resigned and took the Stoke job which had been offered to me during the world cup. Stoke are an ageing side now and had signed Park, Barton, Pienaar and Dempsey in the intervening years. I added Weiss and a spanish trequarista and aside from that mostly youngsters, we're comfortably midtable 3/4 of the way through the season, consistently inconsistent with a defence that look solid as a rock one game and as porous as a sponge the next and an attack that create chances by the dozen but are incapable of burying them. Already looking forward to the summer when alot of the older, higher earning players contracts expire and I can free up a massive chunk of wages.

I can't sleep so you're getting another update to my FM12 career.

I finished my first season at Stoke, finishing 12th (which the board were pretty happy with), after a frustratingly inconsistent season. The players seemed to struggle to get to grips with my short passing, attacking style and goals were a real stuggle to come by in general.

After spending big in my first season the board set a lowly 500k transfer budget, which strangely seemed to help me. I let several high earning old players go (Kenwyne Jones, Pieenaar), sold a few fringe players & whingers and concentrated on bringing in young, cheap, out of contract players with high potential (the exception being Jordan Henderson, though he was out of contract).

14 games into the lg season and I'm 7th, one of the highest scorers with only 2 defeats to my name and my first manager of the month award and into the q/f of the league cup. Really chuffed.

Current team:

Begovic
Henley Bartley Huth Kelly
Palacios Crisetig
Kasami Dempsey Weiss
Del Moral

subs: Howard, Hutton, Chambers, Henderson, Samper, Rossi, Crouch

Looks like it's just me talking to myself here, oh well :smiles:

After a tough Christmas spell (Liverpool A, Man Utd A, Arsenal A, Chelsea H) we had slumped down to 13th but have since recovered to 8th again. We also survived the January 2016 transfer window intact despite about 9 of my first team attracting interest (in the end no actual bids were made), and only added Micheal Dawson on loan.

After a thrilling semifinal v Newcastle (3-2W H, 4-3L A) we made it to the League Cup final where we met Chelsea who had beaten us 5-2 & 4-1 in the league. We stunned them 3-0, with 2 goals from Manu del Moral, to lift my first piece of silverware on FM12!
:happy:

We're also into the Q/Fs of the FA Cup where we'll meet Birmingham. Cup double?

We're on for a domestic treble. 3 points clear with 3 games in hand and 5 games to go.

Won the League Cup, FA cup (already holders) final v Fulham,

Team:

Ruben
Jamie Pounder
Traore
Ivica Bule
Luke Shaw
Fehmi Kocak
Rupcic
Migliore
James Forrest
Daniel Sturridge
Rod Hemmings

We're on for a domestic treble. 3 points clear with 3 games in hand and 5 games to go.

Won the League Cup, FA cup (already holders) final v Fulham,

Team:

Ruben
Jamie Pounder
Traore
Ivica Bule
Luke Shaw
Fehmi Kocak
Rupcic
Migliore
James Forrest
Daniel Sturridge
Rod Hemmings

Are you Southend, and what year are you in?

Back