• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Half a season in I finally trust Mohsni in a game at the back after keeping him to mainly cameos up front. He gets sent off after 46 minutes for a vicious tackle and we throw a two goal lead away at Northampton. Bloody hell.

Realism personified.

Just hitting February second season, 4rd in the league, and my record is quite amazing: 39 goals scored and 29 conceded. Played 15 games at home, won 12 and lost the rest - it's my away form that's proving to be a bugger, along with the fact that I'm smack in the middle of an injury crisis.

Just checked the goal stats at the Farm (added it in before I started the file): Scored 25, conceded 7. I'm at the end of February. Seriously, if I could work on my away form and turn a few more draws and defeats into wins, I'd be storming the league.

And that's the Ewes dealt with, 2-0 at the Farm, to go top.

Still top with 6 to play - come on lads!

Finished 2nd behind Brentford by a point. Gutted.

Last edited:
Well my unbeaten run in the league came to an end at 31, a 1-0 defeat to Brentford at home. Still top by 9 points with 4 games left, surely I can't lose the title now??

Lead Southend to glory at Wembley in the JPT a 6-0 win against Huddersfield

Last games of the season Southend 0 Brighton 2
With Huddersfield in 2nd only managing a draw the lead is cut to 8 points, but with the lead 10 points over 3rd I am promoted, 3 games left to play to secure the title

With my game against Oldham postponed Huddersfield have the chance to cut the lead to 5 points, but a 2-2 draw cuts the lead to only 7 with 6 to play for. The title is heading to Essex without a ball being kicked. I'm currently on 93 points with 9 points to play for, can I break the 100 point barrier??
Oldham 2 Southend 2 leaves me on 94, need to win the last 2 games

A sell out crowd of 12000 pack out Roots Hall to see the League One Champions against Stockport. The Champions turn on the style and a thumping 6-0 win sends the majority of the crowd home happy. now on 97 needed a win in the last game to hit 100

A 5-0 win away to Southampton brings the 100 points up

Here's a tip:

Don't use your wage entirely on new players. Just had to practically rebuild my entire team for the Championship because I didn't pay attention to the contracts and by the time I did I had no money left to offer.

Also, Tonge's now in the ALL TIME XI. He only came in in January year 2!

Well finished in a very respectable 8th place in first season in the prem not many changed to my champioship squad but got a season out of Rio Ferdinand and picked up Carrick on a free.

Managed to get ron to invest some of £14.25m prize money in the club so now have top training facilities and youth academy, and have got Roots Hall upto around 18500 capacity, although it hasnt left too much in the war chest. Mananged to pick up Jelavic, Pa**** Cisse, Hooper and Scott Parker on frees.

Been a while since I last posted in here and quite a few more seasons have passed. After finishing 8th in my first season in the Prem, i finished 11th then 10th then 8th before coming 2nd three years in a row. Finally won the Premier League last night, also picking up the League Cup and the UEFA Cup after dropping out of the Champions League. Picked up the Charity Shield and the UEFA Super Cup beating Barcelona 3-2. Blew a two goal lead then had a man sent off before nicking it at the death. Ron has increased Roots Hall upto 24375 over the years but with the great buffonted one now being 72 i am waiting for him to retire and get a decent chairman in who can match my ambition. Hopefully the Champions League will follow soon best so far being a semi final in my first year in it. Game has moved on quite a few years now think i am in 2023/24 season, have got Christian Eriksen but dont think any of the other players are real anymore.

I'm in 2038. We are basically the best side in the world, I won't sign anyone over the aged of 16. Won the title most seasons since 2021. Still enjoyable

Crashed and burned in second season with Solihull so resigned and ended up manager of Derry, which was really unenjoyable.

Started new game as manager of England - just about to start Euro 2012: Line up of Hart, Johnson, Cole, Terry, Lescott, Oxade-Chamberlain, Rodwell, Lampard, Sturridge and Rooney and Welbeck up front.

I'm currently manager of Southend as well, first season won League 2, first season in League 1 I was beaten in the playoffs, currently in my third season top of League 1 in February 12. The current team is as follows:-

GK:- Shane Higgs (going at the end of this season as he is cack)

RB:- Kane Ferdinand
CB:- Sergio Sanchez
CB:- Monty Gimpel
LB:- Ryan McGivern

AMR:- David Beckham / Jamil Adam
CM:- John Bostock
CM:- Oliver Norwood
AML:- Ryan Hall

STR:- Ashley Grimes
STR:- Febian Brandy

Plus a few squad players / youth players!

Crashed and burned in second season with Solihull so resigned and ended up manager of Derry, which was really unenjoyable.

Started new game as manager of England - just about to start Euro 2012: Line up of Hart, Johnson, Cole, Terry, Lescott, Oxade-Chamberlain, Rodwell, Lampard, Sturridge and Rooney and Welbeck up front.

Just won the tournament with a line-up of Carson, Walker, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Henderson, Lampard, Carrick, Thomas, Welbeck and Rooney. Welbeck got top scorer (inc a hattrick in a 4-0 win against Spain in the semis), and best player. We beat France in the final 2-0.

I'm currently manager of Southend as well, first season won League 2, first season in League 1 I was beaten in the playoffs, currently in my third season top of League 1 in February 12. The current team is as follows:-

GK:- Shane Higgs (going at the end of this season as he is cack)

RB:- Kane Ferdinand
CB:- Sergio Sanchez
CB:- Monty Gimpel
LB:- Ryan McGivern

AMR:- David Beckham / Jamil Adam
CM:- John Bostock
CM:- Oliver Norwood
AML:- Ryan Hall

STR:- Ashley Grimes
STR:- Febian Brandy

Plus a few squad players / youth players!

Congrats on having a player called Monty. Never done that myself I dont think.

Premier League Title retained, lost in quaters of the Champions League to Ajax on away goals, just picked up 2nd Community Shield after beating spurs 2-1. Hoping to make it a treble of league titles this season although have decided I am going all out for Champions League glory this season will hapilly sacrifice the league to land it. Also want the FA Cup to complete the Domestic set of Titles

I'm new to Football Manager this season & I started with Southend (original ratings). By mid-February I was just outside the playoffs but was sacked after losing 3 games on the spin.

I then waited for a half decent position to come up, bearing in mind I'd been sacked by a League 2 club, then in September I took the hot seat at Stockport in the BSP. They were underperforming in 14th place but the season before had won the FA Trophy & had got into the playoffs.

Some of the team's key players were on the long-term injury list when I arrived at the club but I was given a reasonable transfer & wage budget so I made what I thought were a couple of shrewd signings, such as Kevin Lisbie on a non-contract basis, a decent Spanish player whose name I can't recall off the top of my head (recommended by my assistant) & a young striker on loan from our parent club, Barnsley, who's been scoring pretty regularly since he joined. I also got in my own scouts & a physio, plus a fitness coach because I seemed to be picking up quite a few injuries.

However, results have been indifferent in my first couple of months at the club & although we've won a couple of cup matches, we're still 14th in the league. On paper, the squad certainly looks to be good enough to challenge for promotion but my fear is the same is going to happen as when I was at Southend, not getting any real consistency with results & ending up getting the boot again.

So, I was wondering if any of you can offer me any advice on how to find that winning combination?

Last edited:
attacking at home, counter away.
for lower division teams - try direct balls, and be more aggressive.
look for high determination and high teamwork players as well as good composure for strikers.

Premier League Title retained, lost in quaters of the Champions League to Ajax on away goals, just picked up 2nd Community Shield after beating spurs 2-1. Hoping to make it a treble of league titles this season although have decided I am going all out for Champions League glory this season will hapilly sacrifice the league to land it. Also want the FA Cup to complete the Domestic set of Titles

You are Roman Abramovich, and i claim my £5!

You are Roman Abramovich, and i claim my £5!

haha wish i was! Got to the Champions League final last night but was soundly beaten 3-0 by Barcelona Neymar with 2 of them. Finished 2nd in the league and blew a great opportunity to win the FA Cup when i lost 3-1 away to Championship side Huddersfield in the quater finals, roll on next season £50M in the bank and one or two cleaver signings needed

haha wish i was! Got to the Champions League final last night but was soundly beaten 3-0 by Barcelona Neymar with 2 of them. Finished 2nd in the league and blew a great opportunity to win the FA Cup when i lost 3-1 away to Championship side Huddersfield in the quater finals, roll on next season £50M in the bank and one or two cleaver signings needed

It is done Champions League glory comes to Southend United. Ajax beaten 2-0 in the final, didnt concede a goal after the 2nd group stage, beat Inter in the quarters, CSKA in the semi and then Ajax, also reclaimed my Premier League crown. Still need to win the FA Cup and the World Club Championship which i have later this season then we have won everything!

Taken charge of England, qualified for Euro 2012 with a 3-2 win in Bulgaria, 2-1 over Wales and a 1-1 draw in Montenegro.
Lost to Spain in a friendly 4-2, Hooper on as a sub scored on his debut! Followed that up with a 7-2 spanking of China.
Euro 2012 here I come...

Back