• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Steve Tilson's era is over and we all look back on it with mostly fond memories , but we cant live in the past we have to go forward so lets get behind the current manager and his team .

It would not surprise me in the slightest if Tilly came back some day but it will be very much in the future and when RM has recouped his investments. At this point in time we can celebrate all his achievements.

I am definitely in the "I love Tilly club"but he's gone :'(.

I have finally come to terms with that and on Tuesday night at the game (and listening to the Bradford match on the radio) it is now feeling like my team again. I know their names, I have picked my favourites (Moshni and Morris for now ;)) and it feels good to watch Southend United again.

It still hurts when I hear "Paul Sturrocks' Barmy Army" and I can't bring myself to join in with that chant yet, but all in all life is good compared to 5th July (when I heard Tilly had been sacked:()

I for one will never forget Steve Tilson, and how he was treated by the club will always leave a bitter taste. However, I'm behind Paul and the squad 100%. They for now are the future of my club. It has always amazed me how ( even as far back as the 70's) how certain fans have got on players backs so quickly. I can remember the same thing happening to Kevin Maher, and he came up trumps in the end.

Just because people are still upset over the Tilly/Brush sacking and other RM inspired decisions doesn't mean that they are not supporting the team and the new management regime. But lying 15th in the lowest tier, battling to survive financially etc does not have us all dancing in the streets.

Just because people are still upset over the Tilly/Brush sacking and other RM inspired decisions doesn't mean that they are not supporting the team and the new management regime. But lying 15th in the lowest tier, battling to survive financially etc does not have us all dancing in the streets.

I think that's precisely the ethos conveyed by a few on here...

This bit always bugs me...we have over 2500 members of which at this moment in time over 1500 are active...we also have several guests a day which convert into full membership usually within a week..Most people that visit the Zone have friends, family and mates that maybe are not at all the games or maybe who never come on here but discuss things between them that are put on here..but to say 90% of fans do not come on here or pass on the discussions that take place on these forums is quite frankly ridiculous.

sorry was just making reference to those who state "your negativity is bringing the club down" and "that post is libellous" like this is anything more than a little chat room that no-one other than us sad bunch actually read - this is a decent forum and the most recognised, but it still does not account for or carry the full weight of the people that actually attend games I'm afraid. I would hesitate to guess there are around 25,000 individuals that have been to a match as a southend supporter in the last 5 years, so 1,500 active users would suggest 90% being a less than wild guess??

sorry was just making reference to those who state "your negativity is bringing the club down" and "that post is libellous" like this is anything more than a little chat room that no-one other than us sad bunch actually read - this is a decent forum and the most recognised, but it still does not account for or carry the full weight of the people that actually attend games I'm afraid. I would hesitate to guess there are around 25,000 individuals that have been to a match as a southend supporter in the last 5 years, so 1,500 active users would suggest 90% being a less than wild guess??

It would be virtually impossible to calculate what percentage of fans visit the Zone when out of a sample 5505 attendance today there were a few hundred away fans, a very large number of young children incapable of using a computer and numerous people without access to the internet.

You quote 1500 active members --- that figure is for today -- we have no idea how many active members have come and gone in the last 5 years so to compare 1500 against 25000 possible attendees is way too low. Let us just say that the owners of the Zone would prefer quality posts from quality members to anything else, this will enable ShrimperZone to continue as the best SUFC fans' site for as long as possible.

It would be virtually impossible to calculate what percentage of fans visit the Zone when out of a sample 5505 attendance today there were a few hundred away fans, a very large number of young children incapable of using a computer and numerous people without access to the internet.

You quote 1500 active members --- that figure is for today -- we have no idea how many active members have come and gone in the last 5 years so to compare 1500 against 25000 possible attendees is way too low. Let us just say that the owners of the Zone would prefer quality posts from quality members to anything else, this will enable ShrimperZone to continue as the best SUFC fans' site for as long as possible.

like I said, sorry I upset you boys, just pointing out that some on here seem to think a couple of negative remarks and the players/manager will be sitting weeping in front of their computer screen as they read shrimperzone or suddenly every southend fan will turn on sturrock

Back