• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mike Tyson v Roy Jones Jr in an exhibition fight 12th of September!

Some people on social media believing Tyson is capable of a serious comeback, and smokes the likes of Fury, AJ & Wilder ???

Tyson & RJJ is a sparring session, but one that I can’t wait to see. When two of the ATG’s decide to share a ring, you pay attention.

Just watched Joe Joyce dispatch Michael Wallisch over on BT. Expected of course, Wallisch was never up to much.

Saying that, he did put a couple looping right hands on Joyce. Not sure who Joe is trained by now but he is still as stiff as ever and leaks unnecessary shots. Which makes me even more convinced Daniel Dubois has Joyces number.

I’d love to see Joyce vs Dubois in a pub quiz. The pair of them have the combined IQ of a jacket potato.

Some people on social media believing Tyson is capable of a serious comeback, and smokes the likes of Fury, AJ & Wilder ???

Tyson & RJJ is a sparring session, but one that I can’t wait to see. When two of the ATG’s decide to share a ring, you pay attention.

I’d love to see Joyce vs Dubois in a pub quiz. The pair of them have the combined IQ of a jacket potato.

The average boxing fan also have the IQ of a jacket potato. All you have to do is read the comments on a lot of social media when there is a boxing post or tweet.

The stipulations around the Tyson Jones Jr fight are very odd. The only way anyone can win is by knockout, no judges!

Just waiting for BT card to start which is not a bad warmup of fights for the weekend, (obviously referring to Hearn's giant BBQ for tomorrow)

So I will run through my picks;

BT card: Spelman KO

Fight camp: Cheeseman TKO,
Tennyson TKO
Gill POINTS
Wardley TKO
Smith POINTS

What we saying fellas? @GBJ @Ricey

Just waiting for BT card to start which is not a bad warmup of fights for the weekend, (obviously referring to Hearn's giant BBQ for tomorrow)

So I will run through my picks;

BT card: Spelman KO

Fight camp: Cheeseman TKO,
Tennyson TKO
Gill POINTS
Wardley TKO
Smith POINTS

What we saying fellas? @GBJ @Ricey

I like Lydon Arthur and think he will win by KO.

Some good domestic 50/50s on the Matchroom Card.

I will go:
Eggington KO
Tennyson Points
Bellotti Points
Wardley KO
Smith KO.

Im ****e with predictions and have gone with more what I want rather than what will happen.

We are a long way off from some really decent cards. UFC have been putting on some great cards and events yet Boxing just isn’t getting anywhere near.

What the hell is the sound effects all about? Sounds like a busy Wetherspoons!

Didn’t watch any of it. Was it any good?

The thought of watching Cheeseman & Eggington has about the same appeal as rewatching Carson Jones & Kell Brook I & II

Didn’t watch any of it. Was it any good?

The thought of watching Cheeseman & Eggington has about the same appeal as rewatching Carson Jones & Kell Brook I & II

Very good fight! The last round was outstanding. Just waiting for the result.

Ted Clearly did enough in the first half of the fight to win that.

But by 3 rounds! No way! It was very close and a draw would’ve been a fairer outcome. The fact that all judges went with Ted and two by 3 rounds just shows the usual **** quality of boxing judges!

But by 3 rounds! No way! It was very close and a draw would’ve been a fairer outcome. The fact that all judges went with Ted and two by 3 rounds just shows the usual **** quality of boxing judges!

From what I read, a lot of people say it was a round either way, and a draw would have been fair.

Obviously didn’t watch, so I have no idea.

From what I read, a lot of people say it was a round either way, and a draw would have been fair.

Obviously didn’t watch, so I have no idea.

And that’s exactly what I saw! I had it slightly in favour of Eggington though.

@GBJ and others, thoughts on the back and forth between Frank and Eddie on Twitter.

People saying Frank is looking desperate. Personally I think it’s a great idea and as much as idiots are saying Eddie is winning. I think I’d rather boxing fans won and got the fights they want! Boxing needs to be more like UFC where the best fight the best. If you lose your 0 it doesn’t matter and you can come again! Our sport is massively going down hill and these two need to get over it and get the fights we all want to see on!

Hearn needs to check his ****ing ego, especially as his ‘billion dollars’ has gone down the ****ter!

The idea of a cross-promotional show has always been a cracking idea from a fans point of view, but the promoters are never really keen on it, as they know there would be too much niggling and whinging between the respective companies.

Trouble is, everyone wants to be the one calling the shots, and nothing is done equally. Can you imagine these two trying to agree on anything? Not even major things either like weights, just petty **** like a venue? Or the ring announcer? Or the pyrotechnics?

I would love to see it, and I’d even be happy to pay an inflated PPV price.

But I won’t get my hopes up. This could well be a bit of posturing from ol’ fish eyes. It’ll be interesting to see Hearn’s response though.

Also, I take no notice of the headbangers on Twitter. Most of them treat boxing as an extension to football, where you back your teams colours to the hilt, and everyone else is seen as a mythical rival or enemy.

The idea of a cross-promotional show has always been a cracking idea from a fans point of view, but the promoters are never really keen on it, as they know there would be too much niggling and whinging between the respective companies.

Trouble is, everyone wants to be the one calling the shots, and nothing is done equally. Can you imagine these two trying to agree on anything? Not even major things either like weights, just petty **** like a venue? Or the ring announcer? Or the pyrotechnics?

I would love to see it, and I’d even be happy to pay an inflated PPV price.

But I won’t get my hopes up. This could well be a bit of posturing from ol’ fish eyes. It’ll be interesting to see Hearn’s response though.

Also, I take no notice of the headbangers on Twitter. Most of them treat boxing as an extension to football, where you back your teams colours to the hilt, and everyone else is seen as a mythical rival or enemy.

It’s embarrassing sometimes, just reminds me of the lads sat in front of me at the Joshua v Povetkin fight. It was just before the Luke Campbell fight they were all going on about how much they were looking forward to the fight and how good Campbell was. Really vocal and singing along for the ring walk and announcing. The first bell goes and they all ****ed off for the bar and didn’t come back until he had left the ring!

I like Frank more than I do Eddie. I think Frank is better with his fighters than Eddie. For Eddie it’s all about the money whereas Frank it’s all about legacy. If it wasn’t he wouldn’t have chucked Yarde in with Kovalev and that nearly paid off. Would Eddie have risked Dubois against Gorman if they were his fighters... absolutely not! Eddie is all about the 0!

Reactions: GBJ
Okay pencil in this Manny Pacquiao verses Miguel Cottee set for November .And this sunday i have been invited to Pacmans house for a game off darts with the man himself ..

Back