• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That’s why they’ve got David Haye on the BT Sport panel. Fury could be fighting one of us and he’d still have us down as the winner.

Exactly. He’s picked every single one of Fury’s opponents for the last 7-8 years

Exactly. He’s picked every single one of Fury’s opponents for the last 7-8 years
And he was the ****house who pulled out of the fight they were supposed to have. Twice or three times if I’m not mistaken.

Reactions: GBJ
The geezer is an embarrassment. Acts like a child, never seen a bloke live through his child as much as him.

Fair play to his son though, far more level headed than his dad
Fair enough, I quite like the pantomime surrounding him. I’d much rather see him than Eubank Snr with Jnr.

Tyson retiring but brings Ngannou into the ring. Reckon he might do a cross over fight. Would do big numbers. No point fighting Joshua he destroys him! Usyk on the other hand now that would be very interesting.

Really hope this isn’t the last dance.

Fury can’t quit. I’d like to see him clean house and beat Joshua and Usyk to cement legendary status.

Up to the big man himself though and I won’t argue with him after tonight’s KO ?

Fair enough, I quite like the pantomime surrounding him. I’d much rather see him than Eubank Snr with Jnr.

Tyson retiring but brings Ngannou into the ring. Reckon he might do a cross over fight. Would do big numbers. No point fighting Joshua he destroys him! Usyk on the other hand now that would be very interesting.

Really hope this isn’t the last dance.
Different strokes for different folks and all that. I've always loved Chris Eubank snr and at least he was actually a great fighter. They both definitely want to be in the limelight but the difference for me is I actually like seeing Eubank and have great respect for what he did.

I think tyson has beaten the most dangerous guy he could have fought and that is Wilder. I think it's only a deadly punch that can undo him. Usyk has skill but don't think he's big enough, hopefully we'll see.

Strong, dominant performance from Fury. Very disciplined & stuck to his game plan well, despite Whyte’s best efforts to ruffle his feathers.

I didn’t have Dillian winning a single round, in truth. I mentioned earlier that getting inside would be difficult for him, but it proved to be impossible. The size and reach advantage was simply too much for Whyte to cope with and from the moment he started winging in wild shots, Fury settled right down and started to pick him apart.

I don’t necessarily believe that was Fury’s last fight. I don’t think he’ll retire without fighting AJ, although If Joshua were to lose his rematch against Usyk, that might well end all talk of the dream match.

Does Fury want/need a fight with Usyk? Would it cement his legacy any further? I’m not convinced tbh.

I think Usyk poses a much more credible threat than any of the other current HW’s, due to his speed, tenacity and agility. Stylistically, he could be all wrong for Fury. A lot is made of Usyk’s size (Including by myself in the past) but he’s a similar height and reach to Whyte, just a more mobile, fitter version. The weight might be an issue for him though. I don’t believe he carries knockout power, but I do believe he’s more than capable of boxing Fury over 12 rounds… something that neither Klitschko, Wilder or Whyte have had in their locker.

Finally, spare a thought for poor David Haye whose Tyson Fury fight predictions have now entered embarrassment stage. Greener than grass.

Fury can’t quit. I’d like to see him clean house and beat Joshua and Usyk to cement legendary status.

Up to the big man himself though and I won’t argue with him after tonight’s KO ?
He can quit, as he's promised his wife this was the last fight. It all depends on whether he's a man of his word.

He can quit, as he's promised his wife this was the last fight. It all depends on whether he's a man of his word.
Well of course he can quit. But my point is I feel he can't if he wants to tie up unfinished business.

Suppose we'll see where his priorities lie now and if it's with his family, I can't criticise that one bit.

I thought Fury was being kind when he said Whyte is a future World Heavyweight Champion. I thought Whyte didn't offer much attack wise, or in defence. His footwork was poor, so Fury knew where he was going. There was no intelligence to his performance. He seemed to be hoping for a clash of heads or a stray elbow with the wrestling stuff. Wilder and Usyk would have no trouble with Whyte. The fight was not a patch on the heavyweight fights of old like Ali v Frazier, or Ali v Foreman. Those boxers were on a different level.

Well of course he can quit. But my point is I feel he can't if he wants to tie up unfinished business.

Suppose we'll see where his priorities lie now and if it's with his family, I can't criticise that one bit.
He’s just earned himself £26m he doesn’t really need to bother.

It’s not just a fight though that’s the thing, it’s months away from your family. Training and being 100% dedicated to your sport. He is with Sugar Hill which means he spends a lot of his training in the US. That can take its toll. But as we’ve seen even recently with Ricky Hatton, the fight game is always pulling people back. Who knows? I’d love to see him end the Joshua hype train even further than it’s already been derailed.

But I wouldn’t be annoyed if he gave up, he is mentally, physically and financially well. Who gives a **** about legacy when you have all of those intact!

Just watched the fight again. No wonder Whyte was not a household name before this fight. He was absolutely useless. Very lucky to get the massive pay day. He needs to go back to boxing in his league.

I see Dillian is clutching at straws. Saying the push was illegal and he should’ve been given extra time because he banged his head. :Facepalm:

I see Dillian is clutching at straws. Saying the push was illegal and he should’ve been given extra time because he banged his head. :Facepalm:

Was that after the upercut and KO? It did look like a push from Fury, he didn't need to do that, Dillian was going down anyway.

Silly from Fury but Dillian was never going to get up anyway.

Tyson Fury lands the uppercut 9 seconds from the end of the 6th round, should the bell have sounded before the 10 second count was completed?

Back