• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hearing Wilder will be fighting Breazeale in July.

Poor fight. Brezeale isn't a challenge.

Rumours abound that Tyson's return opponent will be a guy called Sefer Seferi. An Albanian who boasts a decent KO ratio, but they've all come against no-hopers. Only name on his CV, is Manuel Charr who beat him on points.

Hearing Wilder will be fighting Breazeale in July.

All very predictable, how long can Hearn keep AJ away from Wilder? I'd not be surprised if Povetkin has a failed drugs test to stop him fighting AJ, I think he could cause AJ problems

Rumours abound that Tyson's return opponent will be a guy called Sefer Seferi. An Albanian who boasts a decent KO ratio, but they've all come against no-hopers. Only name on his CV, is Manuel Charr who beat him on points.

I’ve also heard Kevin Johnson’s name being banded about. Tyson has already beaten him and his record of late has been poor and he is coming off a loss to Peter Milas last month. So not a great opponent especially as it took him 12 rounds to get a UD and then later on Joshua knocks him out in 2.

All very predictable, how long can Hearn keep AJ away from Wilder? I'd not be surprised if Povetkin has a failed drugs test to stop him fighting AJ, I think he could cause AJ problems

Like in Dan Rafael’s article it’s all about money. Offering $12.5m for the fight at a flat rate is a joke and **** taking of the typical Hearn order. Mayweather offered Pac a flat rate of $40m he held out for a percentage and walked away with $100m. Parker got 33% and Wilder is a bigger name and better opponent than Parker so deserves a slice of the pie. Regardless of the ******** that comes out that he’s not a big pull, well neither was Parker and he still got a decent cut. Hearn knows exactly what he is doing and keeping Wilder as far away from Joshua as possible. I can’t see him wanting to put him in against Povetkin either. Both are dangerous fights for Joshua.

Wilder is fed up of waiting and wants to add another name to his record. Breazeale is a weak opponent but if he knocks him out quicker than Joshua it adds more attention and hype to the Joshua v Wilder fight if and when it happens. Because if it doesn’t happen soon Fury will come and take his belts back and then get that WBC off Wilder.

I think Povetkin's problem is his size. Even at 6"2, he just seems diminutive. David Price gave him some problems, which was pretty much down to the size difference. Wlad kept him at the end of his jab, and then used his size to bully him.

I think AJ does the same TBH, uses the size advantage to bully him. Povetkin's not the worst inside fighter though, so if he can get close enough to AJ, he can in theory cause problems. He's a bit similar to Parker I guess, with less speed but more power.

I’ve also heard Kevin Johnson’s name being banded about. Tyson has already beaten him and his record of late has been poor and he is coming off a loss to Peter Milas last month. So not a great opponent especially as it took him 12 rounds to get a UD and then later on Joshua knocks him out in 2.

Not a chance that It'll be Johnson. It's near enough totally unmarketable. They need an unknown name, with a good paper record, to at least style it out, that it's a competitive match-up. Same as Haye did, when he fought those two guys, and they were promoted as undefeated, with excellent KO ratios, when in reality, they were two guys who were used to fighting in town halls & gyms.

Not a chance that It'll be Johnson. It's near enough totally unmarketable. They need an unknown name, with a good paper record, to at least style it out, that it's a competitive match-up. Same as Haye did, when he fought those two guys, and they were promoted as undefeated, with excellent KO ratios, when in reality, they were two guys who were used to fighting in town halls & gyms.

Someone close to FW confirmed he is a name that they are considering. I agree it needs to be someone else like a Mark De Mori type of character, undefeated etc etc. Don’t think the tickets are selling well they haven’t sold out in super quick type like Joshua’s fights do. But FW hasn’t made a big deal about the tickets being on sale, plus the majority of FW’s card tickets don’t go straight to StubHub at 5 times the original price.

I really am thinking about going to this as they’ve put Hooker v Flanagan on the card too. I’m a fan of Flanagan and think this is a good fight, shame he doesn’t have the popularity or fans like Crolla does.

I think Povetkin's problem is his size. Even at 6"2, he just seems diminutive. David Price gave him some problems, which was pretty much down to the size difference. Wlad kept him at the end of his jab, and then used his size to bully him.

I think AJ does the same TBH, uses the size advantage to bully him. Povetkin's not the worst inside fighter though, so if he can get close enough to AJ, he can in theory cause problems. He's a bit similar to Parker I guess, with less speed but more power.

I think the danger lies in his power, I can't see AJ knocking him out and during the course of the match he's bound to get one or two chances to test AJs chin.

Without wanting to go all "Rigsby" conspiracy theory mad, I do believe that performance enhancing drugs are rife in professional sport these days and most find "legal" ways of getting that extra edge and it is a very fine line between passing and failure. It wouldn't be any surprise to me if the Russian falls on the wrong side on that line if the AJ camp see him as a danger and they can't avoid it due to him being the mandatory defence.

Canelo banned for 6 months! ****ing joke and a pathetic length of ban. Chavez Jr was banned for 9 months for smoking a joint, he gets 6 months for failing twice for PEDs. So GGG v Canelo 2 will be in September then.

On GGG it’s been announced he will fight Vanes Martirosyan on the 5th of May. A complete mismatch, the bloke hasn’t fought since May 16 and is a JMW! I have heard a rumour though that he will lose the IBF belt. Not sure the truth it that though.

This is the name I heard yesterday as well. I think he’s mostly campaigned as Cruiserweight. It’s more or less a gimme fight just to get Fury back in the Wagon. Given that Fury is using Dave Allen as a sparring partner, it makes sense he’s fighting a smaller guy that’s campaigned at a lower weight.

Amir Khan is back tonight. Easy win for him against the lesser Phil Lo Greco.

I've had £20 on Khan to win via decision @ 5/2 with SkyBet.

Khan hasn't got the power to stop anyone at this weight, and Lo Greco has gone the distance in nearly 50% of his fights, whilst only being stopped once. Smart money says points win for Khan

Amir Khan is back tonight. Easy win for him against the lesser Phil Lo Greco.

I've had £20 on Khan to win via decision @ 5/2 with SkyBet.

Khan hasn't got the power to stop anyone at this weight, and Lo Greco has gone the distance in nearly 50% of his fights, whilst only being stopped once. Smart money says points win for Khan

I’ve got the Khan fight on my iPad and the Frampton fight on the TV.

Good fight between Sean Dodd and Tommy Coyle, looking forward to that and also seeing Tete on the Frampton card.

Absolutely amateurish behaviour from all Lo Greco. He left himself open to that especially with someone like Khan who has the speed.

Good call by me :blush:

Something seemed odd last night though. Lo Greco didn't even look like he fancied it. Strange fight all round

Good call by me :blush:

Something seemed odd last night though. Lo Greco didn't even look like he fancied it. Strange fight all round

I don’t know what he was playing at, obviously he was trying to gauge his range with his left but that just left his chin completely open to Khan and giving him the ability to get on the inside and work his speed. He had that left so high and just looked like some random bloke they plucked out of the street and gave him a big bag of cash to get in with Khan.

The WBC have now mandated that Whyte must fight Ortiz! Hahahah!! Love the WBC only way Whyte gets to Wilder now is by fighting Ortiz and we all know Eddie wants to avoid him and imo Ortiz beats Whyte as does Pulev. Lose lose situation for Whyte.

**** just got real, Wilder and his team have offered Joshua $50m to fight him next in Vegas. If they don’t accept we all know who is ducking the fight.

Especially with this out there too:

**** just got real, Wilder and his team have offered Joshua $50m to fight him next in Vegas. If they don’t accept we all know who is ducking the fight.

Especially with this out there too:

Yeah saw this earlier, probably your retweet.

I'll be ducked, they can go back to the interview where Joshua said he's only fighting in the UK and say they knew this and as such it wasn't a serious offer. Would love Joshua to **** up and and say bring it and force hearn into the fight

Yeah saw this earlier, probably your retweet.

I'll be ducked, they can go back to the interview where Joshua said he's only fighting in the UK and say they knew this and as such it wasn't a serious offer. Would love Joshua to **** up and and say bring it and force hearn into the fight

Well the Parker fight was his last contracted fight with Hearn and there has been no talk of a new contract. It could be the beginning of the end and Joshua signing with a big US promoter like Bob Arum at Top Rank, Golden Boy or Mayweather. If he wants to make the mega bucks then he has to fight in America. If he beats Wilder in Vegas he will be a hit out there and the pay cheques will not stop coming.

Josh Taylor v Viktor Postol just been announced in a final eliminator for the WBC world title. Hell of a fight that and a massive step up for Josh. Cyclone Promotions doing a great job with him.

Back