• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agree on Cox Ryder (groan :winking:), Ryder has always come up short at domestic level at MW. Like any boxer going up weight, he claimed he was killing himself, but I think Cox will be too strong for him at SMW, and will stop him in the second half of the fight. I do expect them both to go after each other after a cagey couple of first rounds though, which should make for good viewing.

I'd actually forgotten about Buatsi's last outing. I think I may guilty, like many others, of still putting him on a pedestal because of his exciting Olympic performances. Hopefully, he recaptures some of that form and shows us some of his attacking prowess and power.

Haha, I'll try my best mate. :punch:

Do you get in early and watch all the fights? Jordan Gill is on the undercard and I’m not sure what his fight time is but he’s meant to be a hell of a fighter to watch out for. Think he’s 19-0 already and only in his early 20’s.

Absolutely gutted I’m working and can’t get the night off been offered tickets to the Haye Bellew fight for free. :sad:

Hell of a statement that by Joe Joyce. Think he will aim to face the winner of Sexton v Fury for the British title.

On heavyweights Dubois will fight Little for the English heavyweight title, good test for Dubois that. Little is a tough fighter and won’t be a push over like his previous fights.

So, I had three bets Saturday; Ward beating Tennyson on points, Cox stopping Ryder mid to late, and Haye winning early.

Show's what I know!

So, I had three bets Saturday; Ward beating Tennyson on points, Cox stopping Ryder mid to late, and Haye winning early.

Show's what I know!

Let’s be honest other than people who have a Tony Bellew loving everyone else thought the same.

Hats off to Bellew on the win but calling out Andre Ward, Gassiev and Usyk is madness. Fighting a 37 year old whose body is well and truly shot and then calling out 2 of the most dangerous cruiserweights in the business and one of the best P4P fighters. All 3 of those would destroy Bellew.

My advice to Bellew is go out on a high and with your health intact. Usyk, Gassiev and Ward would be suicide. Tyson Fury destroys Bellew easily and would probably knock him out. I’ve even heard that he is tempted by a fight against Povetkin. Jesus Christ the bloke has a death wish.

For those who watch this thread and take interest I urge you all to try and watch or catch up with it on YouTube the next day the fight this weekend.

Lomachenko v Linares, two of the best current P4P fighters! This is going to be a hell of a fight, those may have seen Linares from his wins over Luke Campbell and Anthony Crolla x 2. If you don’t know about Lomachenko YouTube his fights he’s the most exciting fighter I’ve ever seen. His fighting style is unique and he is an absolute beast. He had a glittering amateur career which included being a double Olympic gold medalist.

Lomachenko turned professional and fought for a world title in his 2nd fight came up short and won his 1st world title in his 3rd fight. He then became a two weight world champion in his 7th fight! He has made his last 4 opponents quit on the stool because they couldn’t take anymore of the punishment. And these weren’t the sort of opponents that get lined up for Matchroom fighters to pad their records. The guys he made quit are Nicholas Walters, Jason Sosa, Marriaga and most impressively the other two time double Olympic gold medalist Rigondeaux who was in most people P4P list for years who had an outstanding amateur record.

What can we expect from the fight? It’s tough to say on his past two performances Linares hasn’t looked as good as I expected against half decent opponents. But Linares is a great fighter and maybe let his guard down a little due to the level of opponent. Lomachenko is a machine and will cause Linares nothing but problems. Will he make Linares quit? I don’t think so but if he does he has to be considered as one of the greatest of all time! (I know it’s early to say but his record so far is outstanding).

A win for either sets up another super fight against another P4P fighter the 4 weight world champion Mikey Garcia.

This is the fight of the year so try and catch it because you will not be disappointed.

For those who watch this thread and take interest I urge you all to try and watch or catch up with it on YouTube the next day the fight this weekend.

Lomachenko v Linares, two of the best current P4P fighters! This is going to be a hell of a fight, those may have seen Linares from his wins over Luke Campbell and Anthony Crolla x 2. If you don’t know about Lomachenko YouTube his fights he’s the most exciting fighter I’ve ever seen. His fighting style is unique and he is an absolute beast. He had a glittering amateur career which included being a double Olympic gold medalist.

Lomachenko turned professional and fought for a world title in his 2nd fight came up short and won his 1st world title in his 3rd fight. He then became a two weight world champion in his 7th fight! He has made his last 4 opponents quit on the stool because they couldn’t take anymore of the punishment. And these weren’t the sort of opponents that get lined up for Matchroom fighters to pad their records. The guys he made quit are Nicholas Walters, Jason Sosa, Marriaga and most impressively the other two time double Olympic gold medalist Rigondeaux who was in most people P4P list for years who had an outstanding amateur record.

What can we expect from the fight? It’s tough to say on his past two performances Linares hasn’t looked as good as I expected against half decent opponents. But Linares is a great fighter and maybe let his guard down a little due to the level of opponent. Lomachenko is a machine and will cause Linares nothing but problems. Will he make Linares quit? I don’t think so but if he does he has to be considered as one of the greatest of all time! (I know it’s early to say but his record so far is outstanding).

A win for either sets up another super fight against another P4P fighter the 4 weight world champion Mikey Garcia.

This is the fight of the year so try and catch it because you will not be disappointed.

you've sold it to me

World Boxing Super Series season 2 announcement today. Hearing Bantamweight is nailed on to be one weight lots of rumours about the second weight. Will be interesting to see what they go with.

Things have not gone great with the finals with Usyk and Groves injuries and now talk that Groves won’t make the final and Eubank Jr (yawn) will replace him. Fingers crossed that doesn’t happen.

The Mac is back!!

Only Batamweight announced today with 3 confirmed world champs in Tete, Rodríguez (who beat Paul Butler at the weekend) and Burnett.

They did announce that this season there will be 3 weight classes which will be interesting.

July for the draft picks and then the quarter finals kick off in September.

He also said the announcement for season 1 finals will be in the next 10 days.

:net: :net: :net:

Haha, you got me. Loma, Usyk and the Charlo brothers are for me, the best boxers out there to watch at the moment.

Really looking forward to Saturday, fancy Loma might get this done 6-8, he is in such fine form at the moment. Should be a real test of styles though.

Haha, you got me. Loma, Usyk and the Charlo brothers are for me, the best boxers out there to watch at the moment.

Really looking forward to Saturday, fancy Loma might get this done 6-8, he is in such fine form at the moment. Should be a real test of styles though.

Couldn’t agree more, although I would add Mikey Garcia into that group.

On the Charlo’s seems they’ve turned down Hearn’s offer to promote them in favour of staying with Al Haymon. Wise choice in my eyes!

Great KO win for Hughie Fury against Sam Sexton to win the British title. Hopefully won’t be long before he gets another chance to fight for a world title and won’t get robbed again.

[video=youtube_share;Fe_E7OjEFUQ]https://youtu.be/Fe_E7OjEFUQ[/video]

In case you didn’t get a chance to see it. Here is the full fight I won’t talk about it for a couple of hours allow people to enjoy it without knowing the result.

Vasyl Lomachenko vs Jorge Linares what a fight that was, thanks for posting up.

You’re welcome, any one who watches Boxing purely for the like of Joshua and the Matchroom names need to watch this. Two of the best P4P fighters going to war.

Right you’ve had plenty of time now to watch it. Here is the winning liver shot from the best p4p fighter in the world.

Back