• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Like they would of let you in with your connections to you know who..... :Smile:

Haha, actually my (most recent) ESTA expires at the end of this month, so I would have been golden.

Getting my next one might be difficult, especially as I now write all my R’s backwards. It’s a bit of a giveaway ?‍♂️

Wilder has accused Fury of cheating so many times. Loaded gloves, bent officials, JuJu (black magic) an inside man and even druggings have been some of his claims, so excuse me whilst I hook these images to my veins.

Sorry I haven’t got involved much in this it’s my working weekend and that week is manic! I watched the fight and a few of the others. The DAZN card was decent with a fight of the year contender from Cheeseman v Williamson.

Great to see 3 of the Matchroom idiots lose their fights in:
Cheeseman (Just not a fan)
Fowler
Courtneay

Fury made hard work of that but thank god he did as that was an awesomely entertaining fight…
Gutted for cheeseman, but that was another cracker and I liked the look of Williamson
Enjoyed the smith fowler fight too.

I don’t think many could disagree with my thoughts on this:

Before Fury and AJ’s fights:
1. Fury
2. AJ
3. Wilder
4. Usyk

After Fury and AJ’s fights:
1. Fury
2. Usyk
3. Wilder
4. AJ

I see the Wilder camp now complaining it was a slow ount when Fury went down,I also dont think Wilder will come back from those injuries and the two knockouts anything like he was before them.

I see the Wilder camp now complaining it was a slow ount when Fury went down,I also dont think Wilder will come back from those injuries and the two knockouts anything like he was before them.
Fury was in control whilst he was down , he had eyes on the Ref and seemed to have a pretty clear head, had the Ref sped the count up he still would of got up on 7/8 like all good focused fighters should when getting put on the canvas.

Fury is done with Wilder now, and both need to move in different directions to try and achieve what that want , should Fury beat Usyk then he should hang his gloves up with his legact cemented and no further questions needed of him .

Fury was in control whilst he was down , he had eyes on the Ref and seemed to have a pretty clear head, had the Ref sped the count up he still would of got up on 7/8 like all good focused fighters should when getting put on the canvas.

Fury is done with Wilder now, and both need to move in different directions to try and achieve what that want , should Fury beat Usyk then he should hang his gloves up with his legact cemented and no further questions needed of him .

Yes and no. Someone on social media posed the question that IF Fury beat Usyk and Joshua, would go into the conversation of ATG?

I’ve got to say, without question he’s the best of his generation. A resume that includes prime Chisora, Wlad, Wilder (X3) Joshua & Usyk? ATG? Yeah, you can easily make a case for it.

Yes and no. Someone on social media posed the question that IF Fury beat Usyk and Joshua, would go into the conversation of ATG?

I’ve got to say, without question he’s the best of his generation. A resume that includes prime Chisora, Wlad, Wilder (X3) Joshua & Usyk? ATG? Yeah, you can easily make a case for it.
Absolutely he can only fight the best the generation has provided.

What is most frustrating now is the fact we have just had two semi finals AJ v Usyk and Fury v Wilder III. Both winners won in convincing fashion yet now we are having further semi final fights with Hearn activating the rematch close (lol) and the WBC mandating the winner of Whyte v Wallin as the next fight for Fury.

We need Fury v Usyk next. AJ getting outboxed again it potentially knocked out against Usyk does nothing for his career at all! What would be better is if AJ steps aside let’s them fight and he goes into a semi final with the Whyte v Wallin winner then he gets to fight for all of the belts! Which we all know is the rhetoric that AJ has been spinning his whole career.

Boxing is so frustrating, we witness two outstanding heavyweight clashes the latest one arguably one of the greatest of all time! And then we get fed the same old rematch and mandatory bollocks! The fighters, promoters and management teams need to all get together and bin the belts! Have one belt for each division, for instance the Ring magazine belt as the only recognised World Title belt. And then the best fight the best not No.1 in the world fighting a 27-0 bin man who hasn’t fought out of Austria his whole career. A proper rank structure ala UFC and the best fight the best.

Unfortunately, money, greed and tribal mentality ruins it. Take Tank Davis for instance. One of the most talented fighters out there but Mayweather Promotions are happy for him to fight only fighters on their roster and he will just fight for ‘versions’ of the world title. We had an opportunity in the lightweight division to have a new era four kings of Teo, Garcia, Tank and Haney. Yet still here we are and none of them are anywhere near fighting each other!

I love the sport of boxing and it has brought me a lot of joy recently when football has been so ****e! But it still frustrates the hell out of me. Who honestly wants to see Usyk v AJ 2? Who wants to see Fury v Whyte? Fury v Wallin 2? Not many true boxing enthusiasts. Will I watch them? Of course but doesn’t mean they’re what I truly want to see.

WBC have Sanctioned Canelo v Makabu at Cruiserweight! That’s the same Makabu who lost to Tony Bellew at Goodison Park.

If he pulls this off he has to be in the conversation of GOAT especially after his last 12-18 months.

Anyone see the fight between kostya syu son and Inoue. Kostyas son is good, Gave Inoue a battering, but got to admire Inoue hes tough .

WBC have Sanctioned Canelo v Makabu at Cruiserweight! That’s the same Makabu who lost to Tony Bellew at Goodison Park.

If he pulls this off he has to be in the conversation of GOAT especially after his last 12-18 months.
I think something's a little weird when you're a welterweight and have moved up to super middle with that power, let alone now Cruiserweight.

I think something's a little weird when you're a welterweight and have moved up to super middle with that power, let alone now Cruiserweight.
You can’t really count his Welterweight days he made his debut at Welter at 15. He has grown into the weights. Just like Manny did and he did 8 weights.

Most fighters tend to go up the weights as they age as do most people. When I was 21 I was probably a welterweight, now I’m a light heavyweight easily but I’m not a pro boxer. Take Joshua for instance his 3rd fight he weighed in at 219.5 and his second fight with Ruiz he weighed in at 283.5.

There is and always will be controversy surrounding Canelo and the Mexican meat, plus Reynoso’s gym have had several fighters pop for PEDs. And a lot of people reckoned Manny was juicing. We may never find out! Still I’m enjoying Canelo destroy everyone put in front of him at all weights!

You can’t really count his Welterweight days he made his debut at Welter at 15. He has grown into the weights. Just like Manny did and he did 8 weights.

Most fighters tend to go up the weights as they age as do most people. When I was 21 I was probably a welterweight, now I’m a light heavyweight easily but I’m not a pro boxer. Take Joshua for instance his 3rd fight he weighed in at 219.5 and his second fight with Ruiz he weighed in at 283.5.

There is and always will be controversy surrounding Canelo and the Mexican meat, plus Reynoso’s gym have had several fighters pop for PEDs. And a lot of people reckoned Manny was juicing. We may never find out! Still I’m enjoying Canelo destroy everyone put in front of him at all weights!
Hey don't get me wrong I love watching him fight...he's deffo a different level. He's picked the weakest cruiser though! Like he picked the weakest light heavy, like he picked the weakest weight class to unify in! but maybe I'm being too critical...
TBH they probably all juicing, just some of them get their cycles wrong and get caught:Smile:

In other boxing...
Looking forward to Crawford v Porter - that'll be a cracker...Crawford then onto Josh Taylor in Summer 2022?...jeez that'll be the best fight ever lol
Gutted Buatsi out injured - as that was fight of the night on the DAZN 18th Dec card - I've got little interest in Parker v Chisora rematch!

What do you guys think of new look Sky now Eddies left? They need to be given time to build a stable...I'm looking forward to the British light heavy between Burton and Azeez this Saturday (I love British title fights!!!). Not over excited about Riakporhe though!

Then next week we have Lopez v Kambosos, following week Haney vs Diaz, plus Arthur v Yarde rematch.

Then the week after we have Loma v Commey (love watching Loma!). And also that week Eubank Jr v Williams - I'm really looking forward to that one!

And we end they year on GGG.

Not bad all that...who says boxing's dead!

I also heard Callum Johnson has got a shot at Smith Jr - I reckon that'll be a who lands first wins fight!

Back